Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Look East Interview 20:22 - Apr 7 with 3152 viewsPowrigan

Am I the only one who thought he spoke to Brett Johnson in a very patronising/condescending tone?

[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 20:22]
The Look East Interview on 20:23 - Apr 7 with 3107 viewsTractorCam

One of the questions definitely, the one if he knows what it takes to get up to the Prem.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The Look East Interview on 20:24 - Apr 7 with 3064 viewsITFC_Cotton

Look East's coverage of Town has always been terrible.
The Look East Interview on 22:13 - Apr 7 with 2754 viewsFarmerpiles

Agree. Peeved cos he was forced to have it as their lead story most likely.
The Look East Interview on 22:17 - Apr 7 with 2698 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He always does. He is a patronising and condescending individual and a nodge fan too. He is therefore even more patronising and condescending towards Town.

I thought Johnson handled all the questions very well, though. Things like "the ambition for all clubs should be to go as far as they can and ultimately that is the Premier League but in the short term the Championship is the goal" and "no, we don't need a new stadium but we may look to improve the one we have".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Look East Interview on 22:25 - Apr 7 with 2623 viewsGogs

The presence of Stewart White in a green and yellow Norwich tie didn't go unnoticed
The Look East Interview on 22:52 - Apr 7 with 2470 viewsBluedandy

Laughably provincial hack who makes Alan Partridge sound like Jeremy Paxman.

Referenced our "shrinking fan base" .... even though our average L1 attendance in 2019-2020 was more than 19K ... higher than 2018-2019 Championship average ...

That was a relegation season but it still eclipsed the 2017-2018 average.

The guy's a shoo-in for half-assed can't be arsed regional journalist of the year.
The Look East Interview on 00:03 - Apr 8 with 2283 viewsBluedanW

Just watched it. Couldn't agree more. I was seething with Stewart White. Couldn't of proved every thing I hate about Look Norwich. Hopefully people let Brett know the guy supports our rivals. You could see Brett didn't particularly like him
The Look East Interview on 08:35 - Apr 8 with 2070 viewsGodBlue

100%!

It also felt like they consciously edited his reply to the question about the manager, to deliberately make it sound like they weren’t necessarily backing Cook. It clearly cuts him off half-way through a more measured response.

Whatever helps Look Norwich feel better about themselves, though. It’s amazing that they can’t just be content, even when riding the crest of their own wave! It’s sad really.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 8:36]

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Login to get fewer ads

The Look East Interview on 08:51 - Apr 8 with 1992 viewsTieDyedIn95

The Look East Interview on 20:23 - Apr 7 by TractorCam

One of the questions definitely, the one if he knows what it takes to get up to the Prem.

The YoYo boys know how to get there but not how to stay!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

The Look East Interview on 09:02 - Apr 8 with 1947 viewsGeoffSentence

The Look East Interview on 22:17 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

He always does. He is a patronising and condescending individual and a nodge fan too. He is therefore even more patronising and condescending towards Town.

I thought Johnson handled all the questions very well, though. Things like "the ambition for all clubs should be to go as far as they can and ultimately that is the Premier League but in the short term the Championship is the goal" and "no, we don't need a new stadium but we may look to improve the one we have".

When he won an award a coupleof years back I assumed it would be for The UK's smuggest presenter. He does always come across as somewhat condescending. Possibly unrelated, but wiki says he's a vegan.

Not sure he is technically a Nodge fan, I think I recall him describing himself as a Coventry fan a while back, however the Look Norfolk and About Norwich lot invariably go native when they have been there a short while.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Look East Interview on 09:12 - Apr 8 with 1911 viewsBobbychase

The Look East Interview on 09:02 - Apr 8 by GeoffSentence

When he won an award a coupleof years back I assumed it would be for The UK's smuggest presenter. He does always come across as somewhat condescending. Possibly unrelated, but wiki says he's a vegan.

Not sure he is technically a Nodge fan, I think I recall him describing himself as a Coventry fan a while back, however the Look Norfolk and About Norwich lot invariably go native when they have been there a short while.

Both channels are rich with Budgie juice. Swimming in it

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

The Look East Interview on 09:15 - Apr 8 with 1885 viewsArnieM

Budgieland jealousy comes in many forms I guess. They will be absolutely gutted that Town has new and wealthy owners ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The Look East Interview on 09:42 - Apr 8 with 1821 viewsBobbychase

The Look East Interview on 22:52 - Apr 7 by Bluedandy

Laughably provincial hack who makes Alan Partridge sound like Jeremy Paxman.

Referenced our "shrinking fan base" .... even though our average L1 attendance in 2019-2020 was more than 19K ... higher than 2018-2019 Championship average ...

That was a relegation season but it still eclipsed the 2017-2018 average.

The guy's a shoo-in for half-assed can't be arsed regional journalist of the year.

Recently set the record for iFollow passes, then broke it a week later.

But don't let that get in the way of a sly dig.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

The Look East Interview on 10:01 - Apr 8 with 1758 viewshaynes_toe1

The Look East Interview on 09:15 - Apr 8 by ArnieM

Budgieland jealousy comes in many forms I guess. They will be absolutely gutted that Town has new and wealthy owners ….

I agree that Look East is definitely Norwich-biased, not watched it for ages.

But I doubt Norwich are too fussed about us having new owners beyond a general football interest - we had a new and wealthy owner last time and waved £ notes at them. That went well.
The Look East Interview on 10:03 - Apr 8 with 1732 viewschrismakin

The Look East Interview on 10:01 - Apr 8 by haynes_toe1

I agree that Look East is definitely Norwich-biased, not watched it for ages.

But I doubt Norwich are too fussed about us having new owners beyond a general football interest - we had a new and wealthy owner last time and waved £ notes at them. That went well.

Difference thoug

Back then. They still were nothing

Now.. they've had years of finally being the better club

Its the unknown that will be causing them concerns.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The Look East Interview on 10:05 - Apr 8 with 1713 viewshaynes_toe1

The Look East Interview on 10:03 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

Difference thoug

Back then. They still were nothing

Now.. they've had years of finally being the better club

Its the unknown that will be causing them concerns.

They're a well run club. That much is evident and they currently have an abundance of young talent. They're going to comfortably be promoted to the prem. I'm not sure us in League One are a concern for the foreseeable.
The Look East Interview on 10:10 - Apr 8 with 1676 viewsSqueezy78

That's because they're all Norwich scum. It's all they care about it. Gets right on my tits so don't watch anymore. Have always said they should split the programme between Suffolk and Norfolk. Not interested in what the mutant budgies are doing.
The Look East Interview on 10:15 - Apr 8 with 1640 viewshaynes_toe1

The Look East Interview on 10:10 - Apr 8 by Squeezy78

That's because they're all Norwich scum. It's all they care about it. Gets right on my tits so don't watch anymore. Have always said they should split the programme between Suffolk and Norfolk. Not interested in what the mutant budgies are doing.

Yeah my advice is don't watch it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024