Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era 23:34 - Apr 8 with 1742 viewsistanblue

What moments will stick out when thinking back on the Marcus Evans era?

Here's my top 5:

1) Losing to non-league Lincoln as a Championship side live on BBC One.

2) Evans telling fans BCWYWF in regards to wanting Lambert out.

3) Gangsters turning up at the training ground demanding money from Michael Chopra to repay his gambling debts.

4) Mick telling the fans to f**ck off at Norwich.

5) Making 17 loan signings in the 2012-13 season.
'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 23:44 - Apr 8 with 1692 viewspointofblue

New Year’s Day 2020; fans expecting Lambert to get the sack any day... no, he’s signed a five year contract instead.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 00:09 - Apr 9 with 1654 viewsChurchman

No particular order:

1. Humiliation at home by Newcastle on national television
2. Watching Duggie, Skusey and Lukey chasing shadows at home against the likes of Rotherham with one up front to be then told after the torment was over that any point was a good point
3. Knowing we were relegated to Div 3 at the end of August under Hurst
4. Watching Ebanks-Blake waddle round the pitch thinking ‘so this is what it’s come to’
5. Ditto Bullard after he’d got a contract and looked like he’d eaten Greggs into a massive profit that year
6. Michael Chopra. Shameful
7. BCWYWF - oh how I hate that acronym and those words
8. I can only think of one cup run in the Evans era but plenty of humiliations. Awful.
9. The sheer facelessness of Evans from day one. The new owner connected more with me on his first day than ME managed in 14 years - that may be desperate hope of course
10. The last three seasons. Three years looking for crumbs and glimmers of hope

The real highlight is yesterday: the day that Mr Evans no longer controlled the club. I’m looking forward to ITFCs future for the first time in years.
'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 00:33 - Apr 9 with 1625 viewspointofblue

Hurst picked up nine points in his 14 games in charge of Town, so we sacked him and brought in Lambert... who picked up nine points in his first 14 games in charge.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 01:01 - Apr 9 with 1593 viewsEireannach_gorm

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 02:19 - Apr 9 with 1579 viewsStenvict

Waving £20 notes at Carrow Road singing "We're fcking loaded", only for them to drop to League 1, get promoted straight away, dick us 4-1 and 5-1 on their way to the PL.

Poll: What will be announced first?

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 06:21 - Apr 9 with 1444 viewstextbackup

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 02:19 - Apr 9 by Stenvict

Waving £20 notes at Carrow Road singing "We're fcking loaded", only for them to drop to League 1, get promoted straight away, dick us 4-1 and 5-1 on their way to the PL.

with the manager we then got who was absolutely dogsht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 07:30 - Apr 9 with 1372 viewsFtnfwest

Not many moments as basically it's been 14 years of silence, it's been 14 years of pain, it's been 14 years that are gone forever and i'll never have again.
'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 08:00 - Apr 9 with 1292 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Evans buying the club, lasted until Roy Keane.

Evans selling the club.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 08:02 - Apr 9 with 1288 viewsSteve_M

You stating a new thread on this when there's a 300-post epic in circulation already.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 08:35 - Apr 9 with 1200 viewsDBaldy

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 07:30 - Apr 9 by Ftnfwest

Not many moments as basically it's been 14 years of silence, it's been 14 years of pain, it's been 14 years that are gone forever and i'll never have again.

Obscure Guns N Roses reference, but it's pretty much bang on
'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 08:57 - Apr 9 with 1131 viewsFtnfwest

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 08:35 - Apr 9 by DBaldy

Obscure Guns N Roses reference, but it's pretty much bang on

always was a lyric that stuck with me from them, never thought it would be so apt!
'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 09:58 - Apr 9 with 1063 viewsITFCLuke

2 That immediately spring to mind are

Noel Hunt's winner against Charlton

Chaplow's goal against Watford

The most reason season where much excitement was had
'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 09:58 - Apr 9 with 1061 viewsBlueBadger

Rewarding the players and manager who'd gotten us relegated in the most embarrassing, spineless fashion possible with standing ovations and recitals of 'Two Little Birds'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 10:00 - Apr 9 with 1056 viewschrismakin

'Highlights' of the Evans (Banter) Era on 07:30 - Apr 9 by Ftnfwest

There's a banner for B/A there

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024