Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood's Fitness 09:00 - Apr 10 with 2380 viewsHarlestonblue

Is James Norwood going to play today and last more than 45 minutes?
Norwood's Fitness on 09:01 - Apr 10 with 2094 viewsMetal_Hacker

Which way is the wind blowing ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Norwood's Fitness on 10:19 - Apr 10 with 2004 viewsHerbivore

Norwood's Fitness sounds like a gym that would go out of business very quickly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood's Fitness on 10:29 - Apr 10 with 1982 viewschrismakin

He's just woke up and txt PC to let him know if he fancies a game or not

and yes that's exactly how I do think Norwood treats the place.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Norwood's Fitness on 10:57 - Apr 10 with 1959 viewsKeaneish

Norwood's Fitness on 10:29 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

He's just woke up and txt PC to let him know if he fancies a game or not

and yes that's exactly how I do think Norwood treats the place.

In bullet points, why exactly?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood's Fitness on 10:58 - Apr 10 with 1948 viewschrismakin

Norwood's Fitness on 10:57 - Apr 10 by Keaneish

In bullet points, why exactly?

ha?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Norwood's Fitness on 11:02 - Apr 10 with 1947 viewsKeaneish

Norwood's Fitness on 10:58 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

ha?

It was an honest question. Why do you think Norwood treats the club with contempt?

Norwood's Fitness on 11:06 - Apr 10 with 1930 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Norwood's Fitness on 10:19 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

Norwood's Fitness sounds like a gym that would go out of business very quickly.

Prior to joining us Norwood had played 45, 42, 40, 38, 37, 45, 41 and 38 games in the 8 seasons prior

Whilst he’s something of a throwback, I suspect it may be Ipswich Town’s Fitness rather than Norwood’s Fitness that may be the problem...
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 11:18]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Norwood's Fitness on 11:09 - Apr 10 with 1928 viewsKeaneish

Norwood's Fitness on 11:06 - Apr 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Prior to joining us Norwood had played 45, 42, 40, 38, 37, 45, 41 and 38 games in the 8 seasons prior

Whilst he’s something of a throwback, I suspect it may be Ipswich Town’s Fitness rather than Norwood’s Fitness that may be the problem...

...or his age, the volume of football he’s played and his physiology.

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood's Fitness on 11:10 - Apr 10 with 1922 viewschrismakin

Norwood's Fitness on 11:02 - Apr 10 by Keaneish

It was an honest question. Why do you think Norwood treats the club with contempt?

Oh I see, it's just a few things really, and of course it comes to a guess at the end of it, but i haven't said it's for definate
but its things like
1 - Online Instagram videos, 2 days prior to matchday weight lifting, then calls in sick for the weekend with backspasms
2- constant sniping and goading of 'town fans' on social media, rather than just keeping quiet like most professional footballers which tbh would be the right thing to do
3 - rocking up in the squad, out the squad at a whim, he's 'injuries' never really make sense imo, little niggle here, oh hes back, little niggle there, oh hes back.
4 - when you watch him, he's more interested in fouling than actually playing football, I did wonder if his size let him down sometimes, but watching him lately, he barely goes for the ball he's more interested in the player, it's rather bizzare behaviour.

Norwood can score a goal, don't get me wrong, but he needs service, he needs chances and needs to want to play football.

Norwood's Fitness on 11:18 - Apr 10 with 1905 viewsKeaneish

Norwood's Fitness on 11:10 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

Oh I see, it's just a few things really, and of course it comes to a guess at the end of it, but i haven't said it's for definate
but its things like
1 - Online Instagram videos, 2 days prior to matchday weight lifting, then calls in sick for the weekend with backspasms
2- constant sniping and goading of 'town fans' on social media, rather than just keeping quiet like most professional footballers which tbh would be the right thing to do
3 - rocking up in the squad, out the squad at a whim, he's 'injuries' never really make sense imo, little niggle here, oh hes back, little niggle there, oh hes back.
4 - when you watch him, he's more interested in fouling than actually playing football, I did wonder if his size let him down sometimes, but watching him lately, he barely goes for the ball he's more interested in the player, it's rather bizzare behaviour.

Norwood can score a goal, don't get me wrong, but he needs service, he needs chances and needs to want to play football.

In my opinion, these are extremely naive and very subjective observations based on nothing but supposition and assumption.

The only point out of those which I think has any merit is point 3. Player and fan engagement should be encouraged though, if done properly and correctly. Johnson and O’Leary were intimating as much in the interview the other day although I doubt they meant via the median of Twitter.

Norwood does fine for this club. He could do better but then so could the whole squad at the moment. No Norwood, no play-offs, it’s as simple as that this season.

Norwood's Fitness on 11:19 - Apr 10 with 1892 viewschrismakin

Norwood's Fitness on 11:18 - Apr 10 by Keaneish

In my opinion, these are extremely naive and very subjective observations based on nothing but supposition and assumption.

The only point out of those which I think has any merit is point 3. Player and fan engagement should be encouraged though, if done properly and correctly. Johnson and O’Leary were intimating as much in the interview the other day although I doubt they meant via the median of Twitter.

Norwood does fine for this club. He could do better but then so could the whole squad at the moment. No Norwood, no play-offs, it’s as simple as that this season.

Dont get me wrong, his influence speaks for itself, thats what makes his absences more frustrating!

Norwood's Fitness on 11:39 - Apr 10 with 1856 viewsRedX

That's a very technical explanation. He was simply giving his opinion of a player and how he sees his efforts of that player since joining the club. I would actually support some of those comments.

And if you think "Norwood does fine for this club" is good enough, then our current position covers your ambition for the season.
Norwood's Fitness on 11:51 - Apr 10 with 1835 viewsbobbyramsey

Unfortunately he's the best of a pretty dire bunch, all we've got really......

But come the revolution.......................?
Norwood's Fitness on 12:01 - Apr 10 with 1797 viewsHerbivore

Norwood's Fitness on 11:06 - Apr 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We're counting Sunday league appearances now?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood's Fitness on 12:19 - Apr 10 with 1761 viewsWallingford_Boy

I think point 1 is very valid.

RIP Sir Bobby

Norwood's Fitness on 12:35 - Apr 10 with 1727 viewsKeaneish

Norwood's Fitness on 11:39 - Apr 10 by RedX

That's a very technical explanation. He was simply giving his opinion of a player and how he sees his efforts of that player since joining the club. I would actually support some of those comments.

And if you think "Norwood does fine for this club" is good enough, then our current position covers your ambition for the season.

And I have given my opinion on those comments. As none of them are based on fact, just assumptions, there isn’t much validity to the debate.

Point 1 is spurious. All players do a bit of work away from the club and he could even have been asked to, the link is tenuous.

Point 3 is speculation without any basis or insight into the workings of player fitness, treatment, physiology or psychology at the club.

Point 4 is one of the good things Norwood actually brings to the side, it’s what decent strikers have been doing for generations and is very much needed in this squad, as it’s sadly lacking. Not liking it is very different to not needing it.

Norwood doing fine is a reflection of how much he can do given the dross he’s being served. He’s feeding off scraps, at best. It isn’t linked to my ambition for the season - don’t really understand your point in truth. I’m a fan of Norwood as a footballer at this level and he’s way down the pecking order for level of criticism this season.

Norwood's Fitness on 12:42 - Apr 10 with 1704 viewschrismakin

Norwood's Fitness on 12:35 - Apr 10 by Keaneish

And I have given my opinion on those comments. As none of them are based on fact, just assumptions, there isn’t much validity to the debate.

Point 1 is spurious. All players do a bit of work away from the club and he could even have been asked to, the link is tenuous.

Point 3 is speculation without any basis or insight into the workings of player fitness, treatment, physiology or psychology at the club.

Point 4 is one of the good things Norwood actually brings to the side, it’s what decent strikers have been doing for generations and is very much needed in this squad, as it’s sadly lacking. Not liking it is very different to not needing it.

Norwood doing fine is a reflection of how much he can do given the dross he’s being served. He’s feeding off scraps, at best. It isn’t linked to my ambition for the season - don’t really understand your point in truth. I’m a fan of Norwood as a footballer at this level and he’s way down the pecking order for level of criticism this season.

eh?

point 1 - sorry but if im told to lift weights 2 games before a game i'd be telling them to fk right off, there is not a chance he was told to do this.

3 - is just an opinion i havent claimed otherwise

4 - It's not a good thing, the amount of freekicks he gives away is ridiculous, it's not needed.

Norwood's Fitness on 13:10 - Apr 10 with 1668 viewsKeaneish

Norwood's Fitness on 12:42 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

eh?

point 1 - sorry but if im told to lift weights 2 games before a game i'd be telling them to fk right off, there is not a chance he was told to do this.

4 - It's not a good thing, the amount of freekicks he gives away is ridiculous, it's not needed.

Yes, we’re debating opinions...

I’ve done weight work on my upper body two days before a game and I know it’s not uncommon, your body has plenty of time to recover so I completely disagree with you on that point.

Norwood giving away free kicks isn’t an issue given what he brings to the front line by hassling and harrying defenders. The upsides outweigh the downsides and are inevitable. If we want to point criticism at anyone for this, look no further than Aaron Drinan. Norwood gives away free kicks in areas that could lead to chances; Drinan gives away nonsense fouls right when we don’t need him to.

Norwood's Fitness on 13:11 - Apr 10 with 1652 viewschrismakin

Norwood's Fitness on 13:10 - Apr 10 by Keaneish

Yes, we’re debating opinions...

I’ve done weight work on my upper body two days before a game and I know it’s not uncommon, your body has plenty of time to recover so I completely disagree with you on that point.

Norwood giving away free kicks isn’t an issue given what he brings to the front line by hassling and harrying defenders. The upsides outweigh the downsides and are inevitable. If we want to point criticism at anyone for this, look no further than Aaron Drinan. Norwood gives away free kicks in areas that could lead to chances; Drinan gives away nonsense fouls right when we don’t need him to.

Don't get me started on Drinan please lol

let's just agree to disagree, lol

Norwood's Fitness on 13:23 - Apr 10 with 1628 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood's Fitness on 11:09 - Apr 10 by Keaneish

...or his age, the volume of football he’s played and his physiology.

Is having moobs the kind of physiology you mean?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Norwood's Fitness on 13:42 - Apr 10 with 1569 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Norwood's Fitness on 11:10 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

but its things like

The way Norwood fannies around on social media has nothing to do with how he treats his fitness regime and professionalism as a footballer.

He bullies defenders, which is a good thing. Far more stupid are the freekicks Dozzell gives away constantly tugging people who've gone past him.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Norwood's Fitness on 13:44 - Apr 10 with 1556 viewsWallingford_Boy

Norwood's Fitness on 12:35 - Apr 10 by Keaneish

Point 1 was around his constant insta “Banter” videos.

Climbing up walls, breaking out of car parks, general mucking about between matches and then pulling out injured.

So yes, I think that’s valid and far from “spurious”.

RIP Sir Bobby

Norwood's Fitness on 13:44 - Apr 10 with 1555 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Norwood's Fitness on 12:42 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

eh?

Have you been a professional footballer or been trained by a personal trainer? Do you know that lifting weights two days before a game is a bad thing to do?

You talk like an expert on such matters so I presume you have some knowledge of this?

Norwood's Fitness on 13:46 - Apr 10 with 1547 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Norwood's Fitness on 13:44 - Apr 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Point 1 was around his constant insta “Banter” videos.

Climbing up walls, breaking out of car parks, general mucking about between matches and then pulling out injured.

So yes, I think that’s valid and far from “spurious”.

Banter videos has nothing to do with fitness.

Norwood's Fitness on 13:48 - Apr 10 with 1542 viewschrismakin

Norwood's Fitness on 13:44 - Apr 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

Have you been a professional footballer or been trained by a personal trainer? Do you know that lifting weights two days before a game is a bad thing to do?

You talk like an expert on such matters so I presume you have some knowledge of this?

It's not something that is recommended no, highly opposed to by fitness staff, and yes I do know this as fact, especially someone who well lets be polite, isn't the fittest of players.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 13:51]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024