Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... 20:51 - Apr 20 with 3823 viewsbluelagos

Fingers crossed

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 01:45 - Apr 21 with 1364 viewsSpruceMoose

The people downvoting this need to take a look at themselves.

Whatever the verdict, this isn't justice. Justice would be George Floyd still being alive.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 02:01 - Apr 21 with 1357 viewsjeera

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 00:02 - Apr 21 by HARRY10

The attempts at resuscitation happened almost immediately once he was in the ambulance. The explanation for that can be found in the link.

If Noggin was fully aware of what happened perhaps he would not have asked that question

have a read here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9427987/Derek-Chauvin-trial-Jury-sees-g

Then why not just say that then?

Strange attitude to have and an unnecessary argument to be trying to pick.

Noggin asked a normal question.

It's just as easy to answer it civilly as it is to score some bizarre point.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 02:03 - Apr 21 with 1353 viewsjeera

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 01:45 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

The people downvoting this need to take a look at themselves.

Whatever the verdict, this isn't justice. Justice would be George Floyd still being alive.

Ffs, people actually down-voted the op!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 03:01 - Apr 21 with 1343 viewsSpruceMoose

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 02:03 - Apr 21 by jeera

Ffs, people actually down-voted the op!

I'm desperately hoping there's some other reason for downvoting this thread other than you would like police officers to get away with murdering Black people... But I'm struggling to come up with one.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 03:17 - Apr 21 with 1340 viewsHARRY10

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 02:01 - Apr 21 by jeera

Then why not just say that then?

Strange attitude to have and an unnecessary argument to be trying to pick.

Noggin asked a normal question.

It's just as easy to answer it civilly as it is to score some bizarre point.

eh ?

There is nothing uncivil about my reply, and I stand by the point that if Noggin had been aware of how this panned out he would not have asked the question

anything that is unnecessary, is your trying to spin this into something it is not
Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 03:30 - Apr 21 with 1336 viewsSpruceMoose

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:14 - Apr 20 by SpruceMoose

Excellent.

The thing about giving a downvote without an accompanying comment is that it invites all kinds of supposition about what exactly the downvoter is upset about.

I'm wondering, for example, why Robbie12345 is persistently downvoting people on this thread, and trying to work out why he's clearly upset that the police officer in question was convicted, by a jury of his peers, of the murder of an innocent Black man he was paid to protect and serve.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 3:39]

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 03:38 - Apr 21 with 1334 viewsSpruceMoose

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 03:17 - Apr 21 by HARRY10

eh ?

There is nothing uncivil about my reply, and I stand by the point that if Noggin had been aware of how this panned out he would not have asked the question

anything that is unnecessary, is your trying to spin this into something it is not

I generally like your posts, but on this occasion I think you've got the wrong end of this particular stick!

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 08:08 - Apr 21 with 1258 viewsnoggin

The attempts at resuscitation happened almost immediately once he was in the ambulance. The explanation for that can be found in the link.

If Noggin was fully aware of what happened perhaps he would not have asked that question

have a read here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9427987/Derek-Chauvin-trial-Jury-sees-g

Like I said, I wasn't there but
The very first action, by any medic, to an unresponsive patient, should be to assess the airway (unless there is catastrophic bleeding, which then becomes priority) Assessing the airway can only be done with the patient on their back. If the airway is deemed clear, the next step is to assess the breathing. Checking for a pulse should not have been a priority at that time.
If the patient is not breathing, then full CPR should be initiated immediately, ie. if no equipment was readily available, chest compressions should be carried out while airway management equipment and a defibrillator are retrieved from the ambulance. TIME IS BRAIN. After about 2 minutes without oxygen, irreversible damage is done to the brain.

As I understand it, the decision was made to load GF into the ambulance and drive several blocks before parking up and attempting CPR. The LUCAS chest compression machine was not fitted until this point, which means he received no treatment until the ambulance had stopped and the driver came back to assist his crew mate.

The Paramedics were not aware of how long GF had been unresponsive and clearly made a poor decision. With hindsight, they probably couldn't have saved him anyway but that shouldn't excuse their actions. Of course personal safety of the medics is paramount but the police were there and the crowd, at the time was relitively calm, as far as the video evidence showed.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 8:19]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 08:54 - Apr 21 with 1227 viewsSteve_M

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:15 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

It was never going to be anything else. The footage was damning.

Given the history of the US justice system, that just isn't true. The Rodney King evidence was filmed and equally compelling.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 08:58 - Apr 21 with 1212 viewsEwan_Oozami

Downvoted in error, many apologies! Meant to be an upvote!

Arrgh!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 09:04 - Apr 21 with 1196 viewsbluelagos

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 08:54 - Apr 21 by Steve_M

Given the history of the US justice system, that just isn't true. The Rodney King evidence was filmed and equally compelling.

Indeed.

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 09:55 - Apr 21 with 1169 viewsRyorry

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 03:01 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

I'm desperately hoping there's some other reason for downvoting this thread other than you would like police officers to get away with murdering Black people... But I'm struggling to come up with one.

Assumed the downvote of mine was just fat fingers, hadn't realised others in the thread were too - how bizarre, can't think why anyone would do that - unless ... but you don't want to think that, so if Robbie is reading this, perhaps he'd like to man up and explain?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 09:58 - Apr 21 with 1163 viewsRyorry

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 08:58 - Apr 21 by Ewan_Oozami

Downvoted in error, many apologies! Meant to be an upvote!

Arrgh!

You can cancel it out by refreshing the page & voting the other way :)

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:25 - Apr 21 with 1142 viewsnoggin

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:19 - Apr 20 by jeera

I don't know about that and also haven't followed it closely tbh, but there was one lady who has been a prominent witness isn't there?

A paramedic with the fire service [?] who was present and tried to intervene but the cops wouldn't allow her.

If the police stopped paramedics from treating an unconcious man, they should also be charged with manslaughter. No excuses.

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:28 - Apr 21 with 1135 viewsEwan_Oozami

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 09:58 - Apr 21 by Ryorry

You can cancel it out by refreshing the page & voting the other way :)

Thanks Ryorry!

Have done that - now the dillemma is: no-one will know which came first, the upvote cancelling the downvote, or vice versa! :-)

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:29 - Apr 21 with 1134 viewsfooters

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:28 - Apr 21 by Ewan_Oozami

Thanks Ryorry!

Have done that - now the dillemma is: no-one will know which came first, the upvote cancelling the downvote, or vice versa! :-)

We'll just file you under ambivalent...

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 1130 viewsitfcpaul

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:17 - Apr 20 by noggin

From the evidence I heard, the paramedics did so much wrong. Their slow actions ad rash decisions must have removed any chance of resuscitation. Of course I wasn't there so don't know how and why their decisions were made.

Did you see the footage at all, I guess not from your comments

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:31 - Apr 21 with 1122 viewsnoggin

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:30 - Apr 21 by itfcpaul

Did you see the footage at all, I guess not from your comments

Go on.

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:33 - Apr 21 with 1114 viewsEwan_Oozami

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:29 - Apr 21 by footers

We'll just file you under ambivalent...

All Ambivalents Matter.....

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:36 - Apr 21 with 1089 viewsRyorry

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:28 - Apr 21 by Ewan_Oozami

Thanks Ryorry!

Ah well, those conundrums keep contributing to the Great Mysteries of TWTD, thus helping ensure its intrigue & continued success!

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 10:50 - Apr 21 with 1057 viewsJ2BLUE

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 08:54 - Apr 21 by Steve_M

The reaction this time was completely different though. Even the most racist edgelords couldn't justify the contents of that video and seemed to accept that justice would be done.

Appreciate your point though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 13:39 - Apr 21 with 996 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

"He was found guilty on Tuesday of second-degree murder, third-degree murder and manslaughter"

Does anybody understand the US judicial system? Why would he have manslaughter and murder? Or is that how it works in the UK too?

Glad justice has been done. Says the sentence could be up to 40 years.
Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 14:04 - Apr 21 with 978 viewsbluelagos

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 13:39 - Apr 21 by SuperKieranMcKenna

"He was found guilty on Tuesday of second-degree murder, third-degree murder and manslaughter"

Does anybody understand the US judicial system? Why would he have manslaughter and murder? Or is that how it works in the UK too?

Glad justice has been done. Says the sentence could be up to 40 years.

I think what they were doing was making sure that if the jury found him not guilty of second degree murder, there was still the back up of him having to answer the charge of manslaughter.

Sometimes it happens if the UK where someone may be charged with both manslaughter and murder.

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 14:35 - Apr 21 with 935 viewsfactual_blue

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 14:04 - Apr 21 by bluelagos

I think what they were doing was making sure that if the jury found him not guilty of second degree murder, there was still the back up of him having to answer the charge of manslaughter.

Sometimes it happens if the UK where someone may be charged with both manslaughter and murder.

I don't think you get charged with both in the UK. The CPS would, I think, direct which charge to bring.

If the more serious charge of murder, then the alternative offence of manslaughter can be introduced and argued in court. Sometimes the prosecution might accept that proposition (if put forward by the defence), other times not. Equally the judge may direct that the case proceeds on the basis of manslaughter.

I don't understand the US approach. I'd can see the 'back-up' charges argument, but surely once the most serious charge is proved (as was the case with Chauvin), then there's no point in proceeding with the other two. In other words, as soon as you hit a 'guilty' verdict, the other charges become irrelevant.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 14:37 - Apr 21 with 934 viewsnoggin

have a read here

Effective resuscitation CAN NOT take place in a moving ambulance, unless the patient is intubated and the Lucas machine in place and compressing the chest. Neither of these were done until the ambulance stopped several blocks away. I realise that this was a stressful situation but however you look at it, the paramedics did not follow protocol.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 14:39]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024