Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? 16:48 - Apr 22 with 1218 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I understand I am very unpopular here but after just being attacked for my obsession for Ipswich Town I feel terrible. I have to admit I do live my life around my football team, when the team fails or when things aren't going well I feel every moment of it and I came here to try and express that. I don't need to be made to feel like I have no life by fellow supporters. I know it. I don't need reminding. This lock-down has been hell.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 16:53 - Apr 22 with 1174 viewsSteve_M

Look, most of us who post on here too much don't always have much of a life either so try not to let it get to you too much. Certain posters are dicks when they disagree with someone.

I don't think you're wrong to ask the question about Cook, I've been disappointed at how we have seemingly got worse since he's been here, but I think they are best framed that Cook hasn't done anything much yet rather than talk of failure which I think is far too early.

I don;t think the owners are going to have as much patience with him next season as some fans are showing at the moment but hopefully it won't come to that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 16:53 - Apr 22 with 1171 viewswkj

I hope you don't feel personally attacked by me as I have been fully focussed on challenging your point of view rather than you as a person.

There are good folk on here that disagree all the time - just know that when you make a super potent point there is going to be every likelihood you're going to get super potent replies.

P.S.

Take a look at another fan Obsessed with ITFC, Ipswich_Crazy - he loves the town and loves positivity when there is but a pin prick of light to be seen. Point being, we're all obsessed - just with different levels of perception.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 16:56]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 16:56 - Apr 22 with 1135 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 16:53 - Apr 22 by wkj

I hope you don't feel personally attacked by me as I have been fully focussed on challenging your point of view rather than you as a person.

There are good folk on here that disagree all the time - just know that when you make a super potent point there is going to be every likelihood you're going to get super potent replies.

P.S.

Take a look at another fan Obsessed with ITFC, Ipswich_Crazy - he loves the town and loves positivity when there is but a pin prick of light to be seen. Point being, we're all obsessed - just with different levels of perception.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 16:56]

I didn't write what I was trying to say very well. What I was saying was on one hand the admittedly rumours were that Cook had tried to up the fitness side of things almost immediately and we were yet to see anything happen on the pitch to suggest anyone has gotten fitter. I am going to sign out for now.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 16:57 - Apr 22 with 1116 viewsChurchman

You are entitled to your view just like anybody else. And that’s all a message board is. A place to share views. One of the fun things about the message board is disagreement. It’d be very boring if we all agreed with each other all of the time.

You are not alone in being fed up with lockdown and the past year. As for ITFC we all want the club to do well. The club has been a big part of my life all of my life and it’s never been in a worse state - until earlier this month when Evans was bought out. Things will improve and when they do we will deservedly enjoy it. It’ll take time and patience, but it will happen!

[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 16:59]
Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 16:59 - Apr 22 with 1080 viewschrismakin

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 16:56 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

I didn't write what I was trying to say very well. What I was saying was on one hand the admittedly rumours were that Cook had tried to up the fitness side of things almost immediately and we were yet to see anything happen on the pitch to suggest anyone has gotten fitter. I am going to sign out for now.

He found it very soon that the players couldn't 'up' their fitness levels. And it's not something you would see in the space of a few weeks either.

The players have let themselves down with their own health imo. Players like Norwood spent lockdown and injury seeing how many twinkies they could eat and how many beers they could drink before a game. ( not factual but you get my point)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 17:01 - Apr 22 with 1056 viewsWD19

eh?
Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 17:01 - Apr 22 with 1055 viewsfooters

You weren't attacked at all. It was a lighthearted quip that you've latched on to and taken more seriously than you should've done.

Just chill out.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 17:01 - Apr 22 with 1062 viewsSpruceMoose

I hope you take the following with the kindness with which it is intended.

Nobody is saying you can't be obsessed with a football team. We all post here due to various levels of obsession about ITFC after all.

But this is a discussion forum. Airing your views invites consideration and comment. When you post 20 times in half an hour, and don't really engage with the posters countering your views, you're not really using the forum in the way it works best. We have all done it, but this forum isn't really at it's best when people want to just shout out their opinions into the void and not have a response returned.

Lockdown has been tough, we have all suffered, and I dare say it's filtered through into all of our posts on here at some point over the last year or so. But that doesn't change the fact that the forum is here for discussion. If you don't want any discussion, whether that comes in the form of agreement or disagreement with your posts, then you'll have a tough time when you continue to post your opinions on here.

All you've been advised to do here is to actually consider the replies you are getting to your posts, and not post the same thing repeatedly all over the forum. Obviously nobody can force you to do this, but if keep up the way you're going, it wouldn't surprise me if you find fewer and fewer people are prepared to engage with you, and that would genuinely be a shame.

COYB, lots to be positive about for next season!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 17:04]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 17:11 - Apr 22 with 1001 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 17:18 - Apr 22 with 957 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 17:11 - Apr 22 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

He's not really complaining that he can't say what he likes. He complaining that the responses he's getting aren't to his liking.

Anyhow, it wasn't that long ago that you yourself were getting rather abusive on here to your fellow posters, we've all done it (unless you're perfect like Stokie) so people in glass houses and all that
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 17:23]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 17:18 - Apr 22 with 946 viewsBlueBadger

Why is it an insult to be obsessed with Ipswich Town? on 16:59 - Apr 22 by chrismakin

He found it very soon that the players couldn't 'up' their fitness levels. And it's not something you would see in the space of a few weeks either.

The players have let themselves down with their own health imo. Players like Norwood spent lockdown and injury seeing how many twinkies they could eat and how many beers they could drink before a game. ( not factual but you get my point)

To he fair, I think Factual would probably do a better job than some of our players right now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024