Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? 14:39 - Apr 23 with 1139 viewshatch

It's fairly impressive, got to have snuck into the top 5?

Don't know where anyone would even start to locate that stat?
Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 15:22 - Apr 23 with 1090 viewsPinewoodblue

An old copy Rothman’s Football yearbook would be a good starting place it you wanted to find out.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 15:42 - Apr 23 with 1064 viewsKropotkin123

www.prideofanglia.com would be the starting point. Widely agreed that 7 matches without scoring the year we got relegated from the premiership is the longest. Not sure on how close this is. Not sure on the overall surpluses minutes either.

This team certainly deserves the title though.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 15:45]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 15:55 - Apr 23 with 1030 viewsIpswichKnight

I think it’s something like 8 matches in the year we got relegated in 94/95? Pretty sure we broke our duck with Ian Marshall scoring against Arsenal and Town fans celebrating like we’d won the league. I believe getting thrashed 9-0 was part of that run.
Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 16:06 - Apr 23 with 1013 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 15:55 - Apr 23 by IpswichKnight

I think it’s something like 8 matches in the year we got relegated in 94/95? Pretty sure we broke our duck with Ian Marshall scoring against Arsenal and Town fans celebrating like we’d won the league. I believe getting thrashed 9-0 was part of that run.

If only Burley had come in during the summer.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 16:12 - Apr 23 with 1006 viewsPhilTWTD

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 15:42 - Apr 23 by Kropotkin123

www.prideofanglia.com would be the starting point. Widely agreed that 7 matches without scoring the year we got relegated from the premiership is the longest. Not sure on how close this is. Not sure on the overall surpluses minutes either.

This team certainly deserves the title though.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 15:45]

That does seem to be the longest. There was a five-game run under Mick in 2016, 502 minutes I've just worked out so we've already surpassed that this time around.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1372&season_id=153&team
Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 16:29 - Apr 23 with 964 viewsKropotkin123

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 16:12 - Apr 23 by PhilTWTD

That does seem to be the longest. There was a five-game run under Mick in 2016, 502 minutes I've just worked out so we've already surpassed that this time around.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1372&season_id=153&team

Just checked out the matches before and after.

Chapman scored in the 77th minute vrs Southampton in the preceding game. And Marshall scored in the 71st minute in the Arsenal game.

90-77=13
7*90=630
71=71

13+630+71=714

So I make the record 714mins without a goal.

I'm not prepared to do that for every season! I'm sure someone would be able to leverage the database

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 16:35 - Apr 23 with 948 viewsPhilTWTD

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 16:29 - Apr 23 by Kropotkin123

Chapman scored in the 77th minute vrs Southampton in the preceding game. And Marshall scored in the 71st minute in the Arsenal game.

90-77=13
7*90=630
71=71

13+630+71=714

I'm not prepared to do that for every season! I'm sure someone would be able to leverage the database

Excellent. I shall crib that for my report tomorrow!
Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 16:35 - Apr 23 with 946 viewschrismakin

Lambert managed 0 goals in 4 out of 5 games earlier on the season

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 18:16 - Apr 23 with 886 viewshatch

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 16:29 - Apr 23 by Kropotkin123

90-77=13
7*90=630
71=71

13+630+71=714

Getting close then - would be nice to have something to show for this season - The Great Drought of 2021.

And Phil, the reason I asked was that I was expecting to see the record in your match preview but felt it was lacking. Look forward to seeing us one game away this time tomorrow.
Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 22:03 - Apr 23 with 765 viewsTrumptonBlue

We went 5 games without scoring in 74/75, but still almost won the league.
Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 23:00 - Apr 23 with 723 viewsmonty_radio

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 22:03 - Apr 23 by TrumptonBlue

We went 5 games without scoring in 74/75, but still almost won the league.

And indeed would have won it if the 3 points for a win had been in operation at that time.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 23:05 - Apr 23 with 708 viewsitfcjoe

Where does this current record sit in the list of ITFC goal droughts? on 16:35 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

Lambert managed 0 goals in 4 out of 5 games earlier on the season

What’s your point?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024