Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. 15:49 - Apr 28 with 2267 viewskizaitfc

Other than those with children under 12 and 19.

Nothing wrong with what they have offered it is fair I guess, but they could have done more.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 17:55 - Apr 28 with 2124 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Just imagine if Evans had offered this!
My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 17:57 - Apr 28 with 2113 viewsHerbivore

They could have given you all your money back and a complimentary blower and you'd still have moaned that they could have done more.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 18:04 - Apr 28 with 2085 viewsNeedhamChris

I don't understand the downvotes. It clearly is the bare minimum, which to many is completely fine and to others isn't enough. But to suggest the OP is incorrect would be wrong.

Other clubs have done more, we're just more easily pleased here

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 18:51 - Apr 28 with 2002 viewsJ2BLUE

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 18:04 - Apr 28 by NeedhamChris

I don't understand the downvotes. It clearly is the bare minimum, which to many is completely fine and to others isn't enough. But to suggest the OP is incorrect would be wrong.

Other clubs have done more, we're just more easily pleased here

Bit of a unique situation with new owners. At the time there were a LOT of posters saying they were renewing because they are supporters and the club needed help. I think if people were expecting 100% of their money back they shouldn't have renewed in the first place. What was the point?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 19:08 - Apr 28 with 1939 viewsBluedanW

My issue is that they haven't rewarded the fans who renewed. We are no better off than the people who cancelled. They had the option to pick and choose the games they wished to watch at the same price as season ticket holders who had to pay every game.

Also there was mention of free tickets and cup games as well as being able to watch the games on ifollow.

We should be given cup games for free for a couple of seasons. That's only 4 games max with our record.

Should of reduced the £10 per game price for ifollow.
My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 22:16 - Apr 28 with 1786 viewsSouperJim

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 19:08 - Apr 28 by BluedanW

My issue is that they haven't rewarded the fans who renewed. We are no better off than the people who cancelled. They had the option to pick and choose the games they wished to watch at the same price as season ticket holders who had to pay every game.

Also there was mention of free tickets and cup games as well as being able to watch the games on ifollow.

We should be given cup games for free for a couple of seasons. That's only 4 games max with our record.

Actually we're worse off than those who chose not to renew, as we've been charged £10 per home game for ifollow, regardless of whether or not we wanted it. Or used it. Despite it costing the club nothing. And them telling us it was free.

The more you dig down, the worse it actually is.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 00:02 - Apr 29 with 1685 viewshaynes_toe1

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 22:16 - Apr 28 by SouperJim

Actually we're worse off than those who chose not to renew, as we've been charged £10 per home game for ifollow, regardless of whether or not we wanted it. Or used it. Despite it costing the club nothing. And them telling us it was free.

It's not great. Again the wording about the 'free' iFollow at the time was poorly structured and of course, this was the new owners first big opportunity to show the 'community' and 'supporter' centric focus they've spoken about.

In reality, their only care is financial and that will always take priority. But we wanted new owners and we've got them, so do we have a right to complain?
My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 00:15 - Apr 29 with 1659 viewschrismakin

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 19:08 - Apr 28 by BluedanW

I swear M.E should never have promised free cup games as you have to split the gate with the away team anyway and need FA approval when it comes to ticket pricing for those games.

I don't blame the new owners. Their offer for u19s barely seems to be mentioned online but that's great bit of work from them.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 00:35 - Apr 29 with 1634 viewsbournemouthblue

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 22:16 - Apr 28 by SouperJim

I suppose technically if you bought a season ticket and didn't go to matches, you're still charged on the assumption you are so it isn't really any different

There would be a decent arguement for a reduced iFollow fee across games in the same way you get with match tickets ultimately?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 07:44 - Apr 29 with 1524 viewsSouperJim

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 00:35 - Apr 29 by bournemouthblue

I suppose technically if you bought a season ticket and didn't go to matches, you're still charged on the assumption you are so it isn't really any different

There would be a decent arguement for a reduced iFollow fee across games in the same way you get with match tickets ultimately?

I think this is the key point, regardless of whether you think we should be entitled to a refund. We've been charged £10 per home game, same as everybody else. No discount for having a season ticket when the club needed us the most.

If you binned your season ticket last year, you still get the renewal price this year. Again, no reward for those who stuck by the club.

I'm not saying the new owners are accountable for what went on before, but the fact remains we were told the ifollow access was *free*, the same as it was free to the club. To now say, ok, you couldn't come to live games so we'll refund you for the product we couldn't deliver... but we're going to charge you for the replacement service which you were previously told was free, doesn't sit well with me.

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 07:49 - Apr 29 with 1514 viewschrismakin

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 07:44 - Apr 29 by SouperJim

I think this is the key point, regardless of whether you think we should be entitled to a refund. We've been charged £10 per home game, same as everybody else. No discount for having a season ticket when the club needed us the most.

If you binned your season ticket last year, you still get the renewal price this year. Again, no reward for those who stuck by the club.

I'm not saying the new owners are accountable for what went on before, but the fact remains we were told the ifollow access was *free*, the same as it was free to the club. To now say, ok, you couldn't come to live games so we'll refund you for the product we couldn't deliver... but we're going to charge you for the replacement service which you were previously told was free, doesn't sit well with me.

But they did provide you with the service for free. Hence you got the codes.
What your season ticket enabled was to be part of the ballott system.. it also Reserved your seat for another season. Etc etc.

Also season ticket holders were able to use I follow for games on sky non season ticket holders couldn't. And also 4000 ST holders went to PR. And not being charged for those 2 games I believe
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 7:58]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 08:06 - Apr 29 with 1473 viewsSouperJim

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 07:49 - Apr 29 by chrismakin

But they did provide you with the service for free. Hence you got the codes.
What your season ticket enabled was to be part of the ballott system.. it also Reserved your seat for another season. Etc etc.

Also season ticket holders were able to use I follow for games on sky non season ticket holders couldn't. And also 4000 ST holders went to PR. And not being charged for those 2 games I believe
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 7:58]

Yeah we could probably go round in circles on that for a while, but we're unlikely to agree.

Ultimately I feel they should do a little more for season ticket holders from this season. A free shirt. Some drinks vouchers. Something to recognise the loyalty we've shown.

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 08:09 - Apr 29 with 1456 viewschrismakin

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 08:06 - Apr 29 by SouperJim

Yeah we could probably go round in circles on that for a while, but we're unlikely to agree.

Ultimately I feel they should do a little more for season ticket holders from this season. A free shirt. Some drinks vouchers. Something to recognise the loyalty we've shown.

It's a tough one that as I and others have spent £10 a game watching town on I follow etc and we dont get anything for doing so other than pain of watching it.

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 09:21 - Apr 29 with 1384 viewsJ2BLUE

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 07:44 - Apr 29 by SouperJim

Sorry if I’ve got this wrong but you mention the club needing ST holders most yet you seem unhappy you’re not getting a full refund? So why exactly did they need you most if you want all of your money back? I think it was made clear that anyone renewing last year was helping the club out so I’m surprised so many are now expecting all their money back. The way you’re coming across, again sorry if I’m wrong, is that you wanted renewing to be completely risk free.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 09:23 - Apr 29 with 1381 viewsNeedhamChris

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 08:06 - Apr 29 by SouperJim

I agree with this. It's not about wanting/expecting a full refund and I'm not too annoyed by it. However we were told how important us helping with the cashflow etc was, but have had zero thanks for it effectively.

Compare it to Wycombe;

I want to thank each and every one of our 2,448 supporters who parted with their money in a time of uncertainty. Your unwavering commitment to the club has underpinned everything we are trying to achieve. Your patience and understanding during your long absence from Adams Park has been a great help.

Last year, I made a pledge and I stand by that pledge. Because we were not able to fulfill our commitment to have you attend matches as we had planned, if you would like a full refund, you can have it, no questions asked. We recognize that this has been a difficult year and many have had unexpected financial pressures.

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 09:26 - Apr 29 with 1362 viewsBiGDonnie

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 17:57 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

They could have given you all your money back and a complimentary blower and you'd still have moaned that they could have done more.

Complimentary blowies are the best.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 09:26 - Apr 29 with 1358 viewsBiGDonnie

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 09:26 - Apr 29 by BiGDonnie

Complimentary blowies are the best.

Ahhhhh, blower you say, my bad

As you were.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 09:29 - Apr 29 with 1346 viewsNeedhamChris

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 09:21 - Apr 29 by J2BLUE

Sorry if I’ve got this wrong but you mention the club needing ST holders most yet you seem unhappy you’re not getting a full refund? So why exactly did they need you most if you want all of your money back? I think it was made clear that anyone renewing last year was helping the club out so I’m surprised so many are now expecting all their money back. The way you’re coming across, again sorry if I’m wrong, is that you wanted renewing to be completely risk free.

I know where you're coming from but I think you're being harsh. There is a massive difference between wanting a full refund or just a token gesture that recognises the additional loyalty of season ticket holders. Just comparing it to the below.

Burton - we would hope you would be willing to roll over your existing season ticket to the 2021/22 season. There will be no extra charge.

Wycombe - full refund of whole season ticket price

Shrewsbury - free drink voucher for every game next year

I think the Shrewsbury approach would be pretty low cost for the club but still a nice enough gesture.

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 09:41 - Apr 29 with 1311 viewsPinewoodblue

If we were heading for the championship next season would people still be moaning?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 09:48 - Apr 29 with 1299 viewschrismakin

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 09:23 - Apr 29 by NeedhamChris

I agree with this. It's not about wanting/expecting a full refund and I'm not too annoyed by it. However we were told how important us helping with the cashflow etc was, but have had zero thanks for it effectively.

Compare it to Wycombe;

I want to thank each and every one of our 2,448 supporters who parted with their money in a time of uncertainty. Your unwavering commitment to the club has underpinned everything we are trying to achieve. Your patience and understanding during your long absence from Adams Park has been a great help.

Last year, I made a pledge and I stand by that pledge. Because we were not able to fulfill our commitment to have you attend matches as we had planned, if you would like a full refund, you can have it, no questions asked. We recognize that this has been a difficult year and many have had unexpected financial pressures.

Didnt we have 8 or 9000 ST purchases not just 2500 odd.

The new owners have also frozen prices. Taken a £900,000 hit by offering u19 and u12 tickets free. And also part refunded where there is a gap.

For some to say they havent done anything is amazing tbh.

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 10:40 - Apr 29 with 1246 viewsportmanroadblue

Not sure why U19s are free? U16s or students, yes, but all U19s?

Think they should have also offered vouchers to the club shop. I already support the youth through the Blues foundation, so have opted for my refund to go on to my ST next year, where I would have probably gone for vouchers and paying full ST price.

It will be interesting to see what the club says about the "free IFollow" comments from the ME era.
My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 10:40 - Apr 29 with 1246 viewshaynes_toe1

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 09:48 - Apr 29 by chrismakin

Didnt we have 8 or 9000 ST purchases not just 2500 odd.

The new owners have also frozen prices. Taken a £900,000 hit by offering u19 and u12 tickets free. And also part refunded where there is a gap.

For some to say they havent done anything is amazing tbh.

It's not that they've not done anything. It's that they've done the absolute minimum they could really get away with. Fully entitled to do so but probably would have been better not to spout all the Community love and Fan importance in recent interviews in the same week. Their only care is making money as quickly as possible and getting out.
My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 10:51 - Apr 29 with 1232 viewsPinewoodblue

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 10:40 - Apr 29 by portmanroadblue

Think they should have also offered vouchers to the club shop. I already support the youth through the Blues foundation, so have opted for my refund to go on to my ST next year, where I would have probably gone for vouchers and paying full ST price.

It will be interesting to see what the club says about the "free IFollow" comments from the ME era.

They are the future. Also suspect club records show that many live in households with other season ticket holders.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 11:15 - Apr 29 with 1201 viewsBloomBlue

My issue with refund is it is the bare minimum. on 10:40 - Apr 29 by portmanroadblue

Not had chance yet to ask an under 18 but when I subscribe to iFollow using the £10 voucher I still have to enter a credit/debit card number, is that the same for U18s?

If yes given a lot of U18s won't have a credit/debit card I'm assuming the club would be in a difficult situation if they refused to give refunds because of the iFollow access to U18's given they cannot use it anyway unless they pinch their parents card (or ask I know) and they went for the free ticket for next season instead
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024