Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. 08:41 - Apr 29 with 2786 viewsCoco

He is Ipswich through and through, COULD shine in a better team and is one i really wanted to see succeed. Mogga is the correct man to help him progress and I genuinely hope he goes on to bigger and better things as he clearly has the raw talent.

Great that he signed a long contract last year too which enables us to get a decent fee. Top lad.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 12:30 - Apr 29 with 532 viewsTheSelkirk

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 11:54 - Apr 29 by solemio

I think getting someone to shoot him is a bit extreme.

Don't worry, there's no-one at Town who can get a shot off - and certainly not aimed in the right direction
If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 13:28 - Apr 29 with 505 viewsclive_baker

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 10:43 - Apr 29 by SWGF

Agree with most of what you've said. I think he'd have been better this season had the three "attacking" midfielders ahead of him in Cook's system had anything about them whatsoever but none of them have; not one. As a result, Dozzell's passing is limited to what's available. He can't create something out of nothing.

Although, with respect to "I think in Cooks system there's a place for Dozzell, we just need to free him up a bit more", I'm not convinced (in the long term) whether he does fit in. Not sure he's the all-action "sitting" midfield two; that, to my mind, is Downes +1. And not sure he's the "no.10" that needs to be nimble, create, score.

Again, taking initial rumours with sacks of salt, he may be better-suited in a better league with better players in a system that better suits him.

Certainly agree he's been playing in a poor side which hasn't helped. I guess you could make that argument for all of them, they can all point fingers and say their teammates have let them down and there's some truth in it.

I think one of the first pieces of the jigsaw for Cook will be a defensive midfield 'general' who can reliably anchor and protect the back 4. Physical, athletic, combative. The one to do the dirty work. He had Doyle at Pompey and Morsy at Wigan who he relied on for that. Maybe he's earmarked Downes for it, but if he can get that right, then I think Dozzell could be an effective partner in a 3, giving him the licence to take the handbrake off and create. One thing I don't want to see next season is Dozzell trying to play this hybrid playmaker / anchor role. We've consistently lost midfield battles this season. Cook's right we barely win breakdowns, rarely win 2nd balls.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 13:43 - Apr 29 with 486 viewsjayessess

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 13:28 - Apr 29 by clive_baker

Certainly agree he's been playing in a poor side which hasn't helped. I guess you could make that argument for all of them, they can all point fingers and say their teammates have let them down and there's some truth in it.

I think one of the first pieces of the jigsaw for Cook will be a defensive midfield 'general' who can reliably anchor and protect the back 4. Physical, athletic, combative. The one to do the dirty work. He had Doyle at Pompey and Morsy at Wigan who he relied on for that. Maybe he's earmarked Downes for it, but if he can get that right, then I think Dozzell could be an effective partner in a 3, giving him the licence to take the handbrake off and create. One thing I don't want to see next season is Dozzell trying to play this hybrid playmaker / anchor role. We've consistently lost midfield battles this season. Cook's right we barely win breakdowns, rarely win 2nd balls.

I think anyone who stays is going to have to work on their athleticism over the Summer, because we're short on it all over the pitch.

One thing I noticed during that AFC Wimbledon first half was how much pressure they put on us whenever we had the ball. As soon as it got near the halfway line (and sometimes before that) there were 2, sometimes 3 players harrying the player in possession. We don't manage that for very long periods of time.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 13:44 - Apr 29 with 479 viewsitfcjoe

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:35 - Apr 29 by chicoazul

I have bad news for you; he’s a Spurs fan.

Chelsea actually...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 13:45 - Apr 29 with 472 viewsSpruceMoose

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 10:36 - Apr 29 by haynes_toe1

Hard to argue that one. Then again i'd probably trust my dog over Hurst.

You wouldn't trust your dog over Paz?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 21:32 - Apr 29 with 393 views26_Paz

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 13:45 - Apr 29 by SpruceMoose

You wouldn't trust your dog over Paz?

Needless aggravation. You need to find a hobby.

The Paz Man

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 22:08 - Apr 29 with 377 viewsreusersfreekicks

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:32 - Apr 29 by TieDyedIn95

A Championship club could easily take a punt on Dozzell because they can afford to lose the money if it doesn't work out. He has potential but we're not exactly in a position to keep giving players years and years either given our state. I think it could be good for everyone if he did move for the right opportunity.

Given our new CEO all I would say to fans is don't get attached to anybody. Ashton is a selling Chairman, he buys and sells and makes profit even at the expense of the football. If a silly offer comes in we're going to sell anyone.

He's not a Chairman
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024