Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This topic got a bit heated last time 20:31 - May 3 with 2110 viewsBelsteadCav

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/caitlyn-jenner-is-right-about-transgender-at

Have peoples opinions changed on the subject?

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

This topic got a bit heated last time on 21:12 - May 3 with 649 viewsBelsteadCav

This topic got a bit heated last time on 21:09 - May 3 by BlueBadger

I tell you what Bellers, with telepathy like this, WE should play up front for ITFC.

I'm currently enough beer down to be Norwood, you can be Jackson last season.

I may have to get my son to do the running, he’s pretty rapid.... just like Jackson last season

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

This topic got a bit heated last time on 21:13 - May 3 with 653 viewsBlueBadger

This topic got a bit heated last time on 21:07 - May 3 by m14_blue

Most of whom take great pride in rubbishing women’s sport in any other context but suddenly become its staunchest defenders.

My favourite 'boo women's sport' thing I ever witnessed was a bloke in the local juicer in one breath telling all assembled that he wouldn't be watching the Women's World Cup because 'the quality's sh1t innit' before going on to tell us how excited he was to have received his ST for ITFC's first season in the Third Division in over 60 years.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 22:17]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This topic got a bit heated last time on 21:15 - May 3 with 653 viewsStokieBlue

I think it's probably best that those competing have a full and clear discussion and decide the best course of action.

There are a couple of cases I can think of that do show how differences in hormones and body can have a huge effect though.

- Castor Semenya was winning comfortably due to a genetic advantage which was no fault of her own.

- A number of records still stand from the East German woman of the 1980's and early 1990's. They had a hugely improved physique due to their drugs but it wouldn't be dissimilar to the genetic advantages a trans person might have when competing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This topic got a bit heated last time on 21:23 - May 3 with 626 viewschicoazul

This topic got a bit heated last time on 21:09 - May 3 by Darth_Koont

Jesus. And he thinks you’re a bit of a tw@t.

He told you that? I’m surprised you talk to Jews.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This topic got a bit heated last time on 21:26 - May 3 with 619 viewsDarth_Koont

This topic got a bit heated last time on 21:23 - May 3 by chicoazul

He told you that? I’m surprised you talk to Jews.

Haha!

Jesus was right.

Pronouns: He/Him

This topic got a bit heated last time on 22:03 - May 3 with 556 viewsfactual_blue

Do you mean are peoples' views transitioning?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This topic got a bit heated last time on 10:41 - May 4 with 435 viewssolemio

This topic got a bit heated last time on 21:09 - May 3 by Darth_Koont

Jesus. And he thinks you’re a bit of a tw@t.

I do not think that. I can speak for myself.

Whether I think he is not a tw@t or a complete tw@t I am not saying.
This topic got a bit heated last time on 12:31 - May 4 with 414 viewsGeoffSentence

This topic got a bit heated last time on 20:47 - May 3 by Darth_Koont

The Spectator in a nutshell. Find someone who says something, call it the definitive take and shut down the discussion.

J2 is right. Leave it to the wider group of transathletes and women to resolve.

I think anyone without any skin in the game (no pun intended) shouldn’t have a say. Just like anyone who is transphobic and/or misogynistic shouldn’t have a say.

Caitlin Jenner’s opinion should be noted, of course.

you surely dont mean that people cannot have an opinion on the matter if they are not directly affected?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

This topic got a bit heated last time on 12:39 - May 4 with 407 viewsDarth_Koont

This topic got a bit heated last time on 12:31 - May 4 by GeoffSentence

you surely dont mean that people cannot have an opinion on the matter if they are not directly affected?

Anyone can have an opinion but if you’re not directly affected and you don’t have any direct knowledge or experience it becomes a bit academic – and insulting to those who do.

It’s like men sharing their opinions about child birth. Think it’s much better to take a back seat, listen and support those who that most concerns. It also means you don’t get punched.

This topic got a bit heated last time on 12:42 - May 4 with 402 viewsjeera

This topic got a bit heated last time on 12:39 - May 4 by Darth_Koont

Anyone can have an opinion but if you’re not directly affected and you don’t have any direct knowledge or experience it becomes a bit academic – and insulting to those who do.

It’s like men sharing their opinions about child birth. Think it’s much better to take a back seat, listen and support those who that most concerns. It also means you don’t get punched.

I've suggested helpfully to several women over the years that there seems to be a fuss about nothing when it comes to childbirth.

Not once have I received a positive response.

I dunno what's wrong with some people sometimes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This topic got a bit heated last time on 12:46 - May 4 with 392 viewsDarth_Koont

This topic got a bit heated last time on 12:42 - May 4 by jeera

I've suggested helpfully to several women over the years that there seems to be a fuss about nothing when it comes to childbirth.

Haha!

Yeah, that’s just selfish and ungrateful. Pain is all in the mind.

This topic got a bit heated last time on 12:50 - May 4 with 377 viewshype313

This topic got a bit heated last time on 12:42 - May 4 by jeera

The thing is, if you say to a woman how bad was childbirth, they would say excruciating, unapparelled pain, but if you said would you have another they would say 'yes'!

Now, if you swiftly kicked a man in the crown jewels, and asked him if he would like another, then the answer would be categorically 'No'

So, to summise, a kick in the balls is more painful than childbirth.

There you have it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024