Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People Talk Boll**k* 09:35 - May 4 with 2393 viewscressi

Regards players ie Norwood not being good enough for the championship let's get it right we are in league one and need players to get out of this league and his more than good enough in this league.
If and when we get to the championship we will rebuild and probably will need another 5/6 players who are better than we will have and the same from championship to Premier thats why Two out the 3 in both Premier and championship have sides who went up the previous season are in the relegation spots let's all wait and see what summer brings 😉
People Talk Boll**k* on 09:40 - May 4 with 2336 viewsStokieBlue

People have concerns about more than just footballing ability, although many have concerns about that as well.

To be honest, I am not sure it needed another thread and certainly not one with such a ridiculous and confrontational subject title. Honestly, what was the point?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

People Talk Boll**k* on 09:46 - May 4 with 2301 viewsBlueBadger

He's a 30 year old 'professiona'l footballer who's never played above the third division, can't keep himself fit yet alone in a target weight and has brought a whole host of off-pitch issues with him.

I wonder why there's doubts about him.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 9:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People Talk Boll**k* on 09:55 - May 4 with 2241 viewscressi

People Talk Boll**k* on 09:46 - May 4 by BlueBadger

He's a 30 year old 'professiona'l footballer who's never played above the third division, can't keep himself fit yet alone in a target weight and has brought a whole host of off-pitch issues with him.

Still our best striker what anyone thinks yes slightly wayward of course can't drink and drive But at this moment he has not being convicted also I remember Town signing Alan Sunderland and he was a good signing in the end. As long as he is fit scores goal I don't care about what he says on twitter or has a pint with his mates he has played in a truly awful side last two seasons. If he went to a team who creates he will score miss some yes but score
People Talk Boll**k* on 10:00 - May 4 with 2200 viewsbobbyramsey

People Talk Boll**k* on 09:55 - May 4 by cressi

Still our best striker what anyone thinks yes slightly wayward of course can't drink and drive But at this moment he has not being convicted also I remember Town signing Alan Sunderland and he was a good signing in the end. As long as he is fit scores goal I don't care about what he says on twitter or has a pint with his mates he has played in a truly awful side last two seasons. If he went to a team who creates he will score miss some yes but score

.....but he isn't even fit, how much "game-time" has he missed this season?
People Talk Boll**k* on 10:02 - May 4 with 2185 viewsjeera

This has been done a hundred times. Why not just comment on those threads that already exist?

You're flogging a dead'un for the sake of it. If people have a problem with what's being said on Twitter why don't you/they complain about in on Twitter instead of banging on about it on here all the time?

You're doing your utmost to create an issue out of something that didn't really overly exist.

There are dozens of other players to be commenting on so why the obsession?

*And yes he has already been convicted before so if you're going to insist on dragging up the same sh1t just for a bit of attention at least get a few things right.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

People Talk Boll**k* on 10:06 - May 4 with 2167 viewsKeaneish

People Talk Boll**k* on 09:46 - May 4 by BlueBadger

“Keeping himself fit” is a misnomer, a criticism labelled at character rather than physiology. No-one criticised Bishop for “not being able to keep himself fit” when he was out for a season with bad hamstrings. Why’s Norwood any different?

If decades of football are starting to take their toll on hamstrings and groins then even yoga, warm downs, strengthening and resting is only going to get you so far.

Is he overweight or is that an assumption based on his stature? He seems to get around the pitch pretty well when given a run of games post injury.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

People Talk Boll**k* on 10:11 - May 4 with 2130 viewsBlueBadger

I fear that he fact 'he's our best striker' probably reflects more on the rest of them's lack of quality, rather than his abundance of it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

People Talk Boll**k* on 10:11 - May 4 with 2127 viewsChurchman

It’s all about opinions. Mine is that he isn’t good enough. He might get into a lower League One side and he might be ok as a squad back up, useful sub. We need better than a striker that’s scored 20 goals in two seasons. ‘Oh but if he’d played x times’ doesn’t come into it. He didn’t and can’t. As for being our best striker it’s not really saying much is it.

Comparing Alan Sunderland to Norwood? Sunderland played in the top division for years and earned an England cap. The only cap Norwood will ever earn is a nightcap. AS had been a top level player and even at the end of it, like Paul Goddard before him, still had something to offer. At 30, Norwood has played mostly in the Conference and a good season in League 2 before he started boosting Greggs profits here.
Login to get fewer ads

People Talk Boll**k* on 10:13 - May 4 with 2118 viewsBlueBadger

People Talk Boll**k* on 10:06 - May 4 by Keaneish

“Keeping himself fit” is a misnomer, a criticism labelled at character rather than physiology. No-one criticised Bishop for “not being able to keep himself fit” when he was out for a season with bad hamstrings. Why’s Norwood any different?

If decades of football are starting to take their toll on hamstrings and groins then even yoga, warm downs, strengthening and resting is only going to get you so far.

Is he overweight or is that an assumption based on his stature? He seems to get around the pitch pretty well when given a run of games post injury.

And yet, he's the only one who ever comes back from injury overweight.
Did you see him when he came on against Pompey, for example? More rolls on him than Warburtons.
Pies and beers are NOT recommended rehab diet...
[Post edited 4 May 2021 10:26]

People Talk Boll**k* on 10:14 - May 4 with 2101 viewsBlueBadger

People Talk Boll**k* on 09:40 - May 4 by StokieBlue

People have concerns about more than just footballing ability, although many have concerns about that as well.

To be honest, I am not sure it needed another thread and certainly not one with such a ridiculous and confrontational subject title. Honestly, what was the point?

SB

I always enjoy these threads. They're invariably started by people who talk about the club's lack of ambition and then, in the next breath, talk about why Fat Jimmy Bullard is the answer.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 12:50]

People Talk Boll**k* on 10:27 - May 4 with 2032 viewsdavblue

People Talk Boll**k* on 10:11 - May 4 by Churchman

It’s all about opinions. Mine is that he isn’t good enough. He might get into a lower League One side and he might be ok as a squad back up, useful sub. We need better than a striker that’s scored 20 goals in two seasons. ‘Oh but if he’d played x times’ doesn’t come into it. He didn’t and can’t. As for being our best striker it’s not really saying much is it.

Comparing Alan Sunderland to Norwood? Sunderland played in the top division for years and earned an England cap. The only cap Norwood will ever earn is a nightcap. AS had been a top level player and even at the end of it, like Paul Goddard before him, still had something to offer. At 30, Norwood has played mostly in the Conference and a good season in League 2 before he started boosting Greggs profits here.

Think you need to take into account the chances that have been created over the last 2 seasons.

It's not been great and feeding off scraps comes to mind. I suspect in a better team in this league he would get 15 - 20 goals a season.
People Talk Boll**k* on 10:30 - May 4 with 2014 viewsKeno

Let me edit that for you

Still our best striker what anyone thinks yes slightly wayward of course can't drink and drive But at this moment he has not being convicted AGAIN also I remember Town signing Alan Sunderland and he was a good signing in the end. As long as he is fit scores goal I don't care about what he says on twitter or has a pint with his mates he has played in a truly awful side last two seasons. If he went to a team who creates he will score miss some yes but score

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/9889632.forest-green-striker-james-n
[Post edited 4 May 2021 10:30]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

People Talk Boll**k* on 10:37 - May 4 with 1971 viewsipswichtillidie

We will sign a couple of strikers this summer and Norwood will have to fight for his place. Certainly good enough at this level but with his fitness concerns we can’t rely on him. We are in good hands in PC. Relax, enjoy the summer and I for one am looking forward to a new look team and kicking off again in August.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 10:38]

Gav

People Talk Boll**k* on 10:57 - May 4 with 1903 viewsJackSted

Good thing we're not in the Championship then

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

People Talk Boll**k* on 11:09 - May 4 with 1864 viewshaynes_toe1

Yeah but James, if you just concentrate on your fitness and taking this club seriously people will end up respecting you. Posting on here is unlikely to achieve that.
People Talk Boll**k* on 11:15 - May 4 with 1838 viewsPositivelyPortman

People Talk Boll**k* on 09:40 - May 4 by StokieBlue

SB

If we didn’t need another thread, why couldn’t you have resisted piling in straight away again?
I see BlueBadger has dived in quickly as well as usual.
Perhaps the guy that posted the OP isn’t on here all day long, unlike you two are.
People are entitled to their own opinions without you two chirping up and decrying everything they think.
We get it guys, you don’t like Norwood. Go and have a little rest in a darkened room now.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

People Talk Boll**k* on 11:18 - May 4 with 1821 viewsSwansea_Blue

People Talk Boll**k* on 10:00 - May 4 by bobbyramsey

.....but he isn't even fit, how much "game-time" has he missed this season?

He's missed 64.5% of the available minutes this season (played 1409 minutes out of an available 3960 mins, excluding added on time).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People Talk Boll**k* on 11:28 - May 4 with 1783 viewsjeera

People Talk Boll**k* on 11:15 - May 4 by PositivelyPortman

If we didn’t need another thread, why couldn’t you have resisted piling in straight away again?
Perhaps the guy that posted the OP isn’t on here all day long, unlike you two are.
People are entitled to their own opinions without you two chirping up and decrying everything they think.
We get it guys, you don’t like Norwood. Go and have a little rest in a darkened room now.

Didn't stop you with your usual posting 'style' either did it?

Ad infinitum.

The OP has already commented on the subject elsewhere so is fully aware of other threads. That ok with you or are you just being a knob yourself?

"We get it guys, you don’t like Norwood. Go and have a little rest in a darkened room now." Bet that sounds smart in your head eh?

How cutting and above it all you are.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

People Talk Boll**k* on 11:34 - May 4 with 1763 viewschrismakin

way I see it simply as a town fan

Did you accept Chopra as a town player, if yes, then you'd be expected to accept Norwood

If you didn't, you can't be moaned at for not liking Norwood

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

People Talk Boll**k* on 11:35 - May 4 with 1761 viewsPinewoodblue

The fact he is our best striker highlights the problem we have in scoring. Doesn’t make him the answer going forward.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

People Talk Boll**k* on 12:00 - May 4 with 1717 viewsStokieBlue

People Talk Boll**k* on 11:15 - May 4 by PositivelyPortman

Another aggressive post from you, if anyone doesn't like their opinions being challenged I fear you might need to look a little closer to home.

Your post is also nonsense. The poster has been involved in numerous threads on Norwood and started the post with an attack on anyone who doesn't agree with him in his subject line. To describe my post as a "pile in" is hyperbole the Tories would be impressed with.

I've posted very few times over the last 3 days or so and nearly all of them were about snooker and none of them were about Norwood so perhaps also best to get your facts right before spouting off again.

Overall not a very successful post.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

People Talk Boll**k* on 12:45 - May 4 with 1615 viewsBlueBadger

People Talk Boll**k* on 11:34 - May 4 by chrismakin

way I see it simply as a town fan

Did you accept Chopra as a town player, if yes, then you'd be expected to accept Norwood

If you didn't, you can't be moaned at for not liking Norwood

I gave Chopra some leeway at first because he clearly came with problems. However, the trouble is, it turned out that not only did he have problems, he also a bit of a c0ck.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024