Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 07:11 - May 6 with 3797 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 14:58 - May 6 with 610 viewsjeera

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 14:44 - May 6 by J2BLUE

I've read this entire thread and have no idea what the fook you're all arguing about.

Whether or not it would be acceptable for a fresh, hot, donut stand at a football ground.

We know my take on that one.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

[Redacted] on 14:58 - May 6 with 610 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 14:45 - May 6 by jeera

"Which would leave arts schools available only for the few."

That would have saved a lot of unnecessary grief.

I am not knowledgeable when it comes to art, although I have 'studied' a bit with the OU and thoroughly enjoyed that part of the course I took.

I only own a few pieces myself, a couple of bits I bought online and some watercolours I have found at local exhibitions. But I'm ok with that; supporting local artists and all that. Plus I like them.

Only one landscape, a watercolour of a small part of the Stour around Dedham way, which is a pretty and colourful affair, painted by a local lady which I paid a modest £25 for. Unframed of course.

*Edit: I'd better throw in there I am aware the subject is the Arts and not only 'art'. Because someone, somewhere, will try to be all over it.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 14:46]

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:04 - May 6 with 589 viewseireblue

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 14:44 - May 6 by J2BLUE

I've read this entire thread and have no idea what the fook you're all arguing about.

Basically whether Dogs Playing Poker paintings are higher or lower art than Windmills in a field paintings.

A game show could sort it out, but the actually solution is you paint the Windmill so that it is visible through a window in the room the dogs are playing in, or you see the dogs playing poker through a window into a room in the Windmill. One maybe better than the other, but can’t see anybody get exercised about which is best.
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:06 - May 6 with 575 viewsJ2BLUE

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 14:58 - May 6 by jeera

Whether or not it would be acceptable for a fresh, hot, donut stand at a football ground.

We know my take on that one.

You are a wrong 'un

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:07 - May 6 with 574 viewsleitrimblue

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 14:25 - May 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

You think so!
I find mine to to have a much greater sense of mutuality and freedom of line and flow, whereas this one is far more jagged and littered with the detritus of human ego!

Similarities with Katsu,s Mark Zuckerberg rendered in poop? 💩
[Redacted] on 15:08 - May 6 with 559 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:04 - May 6 by eireblue

Basically whether Dogs Playing Poker paintings are higher or lower art than Windmills in a field paintings.

A game show could sort it out, but the actually solution is you paint the Windmill so that it is visible through a window in the room the dogs are playing in, or you see the dogs playing poker through a window into a room in the Windmill. One maybe better than the other, but can’t see anybody get exercised about which is best.

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:09 - May 6 with 557 viewsjeera

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:06 - May 6 by J2BLUE

You are a wrong 'un

Everyone likes fresh donuts.

We'd be able to buy a player per year off the back of the proceeds alone.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:10 - May 6 with 545 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:09 - May 6 by Pinewoodblue

There is a need to look afresh at degrees some, less demanding, subjects could easily be covered over a two year period.

'Less demanding'

"Its only art, its not difficult"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:11 - May 6 with 547 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:04 - May 6 by eireblue

Exactly. Art is totally subjective. All art had merrit, even cr@p art, you know sharks in formaldehyde and shizz.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

[Redacted] on 15:12 - May 6 with 536 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:09 - May 6 by jeera

Everyone likes fresh donuts.

We'd be able to buy a player per year off the back of the proceeds alone.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 15:17 - May 6 with 524 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:10 - May 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

'Less demanding'

"Its only art, its not difficult"

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:19 - May 6 with 509 viewsCheltenham_Blue

[Redacted] on 15:17 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

You need to go and have a lie down. I've worked as a University Lecturer in the School of Art and thoughout this thread, you've managed to remind me of every fine artist I've ever met.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 15:20]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

[Redacted] on 15:22 - May 6 with 500 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 15:19 - May 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

You need to go and have a lie down. I've worked as a University Lecturer in the School of Art and thoughout this thread, you've managed to remind me of every fine artist I've ever met.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 15:20]

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 18:03 - May 6 with 445 viewsEwan_Oozami

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:19 - May 6 by stjohnsblue

I’m not sure I can comment on the gist of how this thread is going as my head’s a bit fuzzy from too many babyshams.

I’m pretty worried about the long term effect of this proposal. Funding and priority for the Arts has already been decimated at secondary school level and the impact of this will be felt even wider.

Not being a ‘strategic priority’ feels like a kick in the nads as personally music, comedy, podcasts, live streams and a bit of gaming got me through the last 15 months when there didn’t seem much light.

My job is within the creative industry (within music and alternative education) and the 50% arts cut proposal is very troubling. The Arts covers music, radio, dance, film, design and so much more. The jobs the sector supports can be anything from a 1st rung opportunity running for a film production to audio and lighting engineers, set designers before you even get to ‘the artists’ themselves.

I’m not sure how much the government really values the £10.8 billion (and growing) industry it’s about to stifle. The Arts aren’t just a flouncy subject and about a theatre production of a 2hr ‘difficult to watch naked monologue about the pains of being governed by one’s own genitals’.

If anyone here has danced in a nightclub, been to a gig, listened to Spotify, watched Netflix or turned on the radio, put some artwork on your wall, that’s all ‘The Arts’ and the creative industries.

Regardless of anyone’s political persuasions a world without the arts (or a hamstrung sector) is a soulless place.

Apologies for the ramble, this forum is the closest I get to social media.

Oh, you saw that too then?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 18:08 - May 6 with 441 viewsEwan_Oozami

[Redacted] on 09:18 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Unless you have synesthesia that is...

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 18:10 - May 6 with 439 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just out of interest, are you a Situationist?

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 18:14 - May 6 with 436 viewsArnoldMoorhen

[Redacted] on 08:52 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I reckon you should have just drawn a picture in the first place, to illustrate your point. Then when everyone replied asking what you mean, you could have said "How do you interpret it?"
[Redacted] on 18:23 - May 6 with 415 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 18:10 - May 6 by Ewan_Oozami

Just out of interest, are you a Situationist?

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 18:40 - May 6 with 384 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 18:08 - May 6 by Ewan_Oozami

Unless you have synesthesia that is...

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 18:49 - May 6 with 359 viewsEwan_Oozami

[Redacted] on 18:40 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Eldest Oozami would agree with you there - especially as she also has misophonia as well as synesthesia....

[Redacted] on 18:55 - May 6 with 344 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 18:49 - May 6 by Ewan_Oozami

Eldest Oozami would agree with you there - especially as she also has misophonia as well as synesthesia....

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 19:03 - May 6 with 334 viewsRyorry

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 14:17 - May 6 by leitrimblue

Ignore um Victor's, your thread is a thing of beauty. It's the thread equivalent of someone drawing cocks all over Tracey Emins bed

It's reading more like a Theatre of the Absurd script to me.

Anyway, anyone being surprised by this latest Tory move has not been keeping their finger on the pulse of their cuts in arts funding throughout UK society in the years leading up to this, most disgracefully so in schools & community projects. Particularly not a surprise when their ranks are stuffed with Dickensian Gradgrinds like Rees-Smug. They know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. They're so limited in their understanding that they have no concept of a rounded education, or rounded human beings, or the huge advantages of those things in a country's development.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 19:11 - May 6 with 316 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 19:22 - May 6 with 307 viewsEwan_Oozami

[Redacted] on 18:55 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Had it from a young age..luckily I know someone who has synesthesia so I could reassure her that she wasn't completely mad, as for the misophonia, I have that to some extent when I hear overly loud sound affects on adverts, like taps dripping sounding like tropical rainstorms, or kettles being poured sounding like the Angel Falls - and as for gratuitous typing sounds when words are being constructed type-face style on screen, it just makes me want to smash the TV in!!!

[Redacted] on 19:29 - May 6 with 294 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 19:22 - May 6 by Ewan_Oozami

Had it from a young age..luckily I know someone who has synesthesia so I could reassure her that she wasn't completely mad, as for the misophonia, I have that to some extent when I hear overly loud sound affects on adverts, like taps dripping sounding like tropical rainstorms, or kettles being poured sounding like the Angel Falls - and as for gratuitous typing sounds when words are being constructed type-face style on screen, it just makes me want to smash the TV in!!!

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024