Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Election predictions 09:26 - May 6 with 2436 viewstractordownsouth

Biggest day of elections outside of the General Elections since 1973.

Wales: Labour will have net loss of 2 seats, Leanne Wood will lose her seat, UKIP will be wiped out but get more votes than Reform UK due to better name recognition. Government will be a Labour/Plaid coalition.

Scotland: SNP will narrowly miss out on a majority again, and need the Greens to prop them up. Gap between the Tories and Labour will get smaller but Douglas Ross will be LOTO.

Locals: Tories will make the most gains, Labour modest net gains, Lib Dems lose seats.

Hartlepool: I'm going to stick with a narrow Labour win (although that may be blind faith.) NIPs to lose their deposit.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Election predictions on 12:58 - May 6 with 975 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Election predictions on 09:48 - May 6 by BlueBadger

Does anybody actually KNOW what it is that the PCC's DO?

Cream off over £100k, which would be better used funding additional Police Officers?
Election predictions on 12:59 - May 6 with 967 viewsDarth_Koont

Election predictions on 11:51 - May 6 by BlueBadger

When you say 'attack on the left' did you mean 'actually acting upon the antisemites'?

You need to actually back that up.

I know only too well that you love a smeary accusation but you really shouldn’t be so flippant with such things. You just come across as another of those who thinks it’s all a big game.

Pronouns: He/Him

Election predictions on 13:03 - May 6 with 964 viewsDarth_Koont

Election predictions on 11:19 - May 6 by BlueNomad

In a previous professional life I met our current Home Secretary who was, at the time, a new candidate pending the next general election. She was happy to participate in the three way conversation until we got round to social deprivation, at which point her eyes glazed over and she switched off completely. I would never have guessed that she would become a senior minister but will never forget how marked her disinterest became.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 11:20]

Well, of course. What’s in it for her and the interests of those it helps her to represent?

Election predictions on 13:55 - May 6 with 934 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Election predictions on 12:43 - May 6 by pointofblue

Should stories like this really be released on Election Day?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57008220

I can see the additional positivity influencing some people. Couldn’t it have waited until tomorrow?

If it was going to shrink at the fastest rate for 70 years, would you have objected!
Election predictions on 14:45 - May 6 with 919 viewsIpswichKnight

Tories to win Hartlepool, Boris wouldn’t have visited 3 times unless told it was pretty much a given and the bookies are convinced as well.

SNP to be short in Scotland but will be propt up by the Greens. Tories 2nd but Labour to close the gap. Labour will be the strongest party as there leader is 1000x better than Douglas Ross and with Ruth Davidson going to the Lords the Tories will start to sink.

West Midlands and TeeSide mayoral elections and Slippery Saddiq ( copywright Gordon Brown ) will win in London.
Election predictions on 14:51 - May 6 with 910 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The biggest day of voting outside General Elections since 1973 was June 23rd 2016.

Nothing beats it.

Today is immaterial, nothing will change for the better.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Election predictions on 15:08 - May 6 with 891 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good night for the Greens.
Labour left wondering, after all those years of positioning, where the middle classes went!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Election predictions on 15:26 - May 6 with 877 viewsClapham_Junction

Election predictions on 12:43 - May 6 by pointofblue

Should stories like this really be released on Election Day?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57008220

I can see the additional positivity influencing some people. Couldn’t it have waited until tomorrow?

Would be interesting to know if purdah rules apply to the Bank of England.
Login to get fewer ads

Election predictions on 15:32 - May 6 with 872 viewsGlasgowBlue

Election predictions on 12:59 - May 6 by Darth_Koont

You need to actually back that up.

I know only too well that you love a smeary accusation but you really shouldn’t be so flippant with such things. You just come across as another of those who thinks it’s all a big game.

I did just that last week when Labour suspended seven council candidates over antisemitism in Peterborough. I recall that you and a couple of others got rather upset at the time.

But it’s a clear indication that Starmer is cleaning house as Badger said.

I wouldn’t have leant them my vote today if that wasn’t the case.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 15:33]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Election predictions on 15:46 - May 6 with 864 viewsDarth_Koont

Election predictions on 15:32 - May 6 by GlasgowBlue

I did just that last week when Labour suspended seven council candidates over antisemitism in Peterborough. I recall that you and a couple of others got rather upset at the time.

As far as I can gather from the suggested evidence, it’s one councillor who made antisemitic and unacceptable remarks. And the others are roped in because they’ve made anti-Zionist comments or supported boycotts.

That’s the whole problem with the witchhunt. Utterly indiscriminate and shows that it’s never really been about antisemitism.

If it had been about antisemitism then there’d have been total agreement across the board.

I read this the other day which I thought was a great example of how these accusations fall apart when you actually apply anything like a serious approach to the evidence:

https://simonmaginn.medium.com/top-ten-labour-antisemitism-smears-f729646378e6

Election predictions on 15:48 - May 6 with 859 viewsDarth_Koont

Election predictions on 15:32 - May 6 by GlasgowBlue

Ha! You lending them your vote proves that it’s all about getting rid of the left.

That’s the only thing you’ve been consistent about in the past 4 or 5 years.

Election predictions on 16:04 - May 6 with 841 views26_Paz

London - Labour. Very comfortable but not the landslide many are expecting.
Hartlepool - Tory. By a good couple of thousand.
Scotland - SNP no majority. Tories to beat Labour.
Locals - Tories small increase, Labour small decrease.
Wales - don’t know / care

The Paz Man

Election predictions on 16:31 - May 6 with 822 viewspointofblue

Election predictions on 13:55 - May 6 by Timefliesbyintheblue

If it was going to shrink at the fastest rate for 70 years, would you have objected!

Yes, can’t see why political stories are released on Election Day, good or bad. Then again I’m sure the French fishermen did the Tories a world of good too...

I also realise I was behind SB is posting that link - I must be on a go slow today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Election predictions on 16:43 - May 6 with 812 viewsJ2BLUE

Election predictions on 16:04 - May 6 by 26_Paz

London - Labour. Very comfortable but not the landslide many are expecting.
Hartlepool - Tory. By a good couple of thousand.
Scotland - SNP no majority. Tories to beat Labour.
Locals - Tories small increase, Labour small decrease.
Wales - don’t know / care

I predict Khan will increase his winning distance. Too many assorted divs taking votes off each other and most of London would back Khan anyway.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Election predictions on 16:43 - May 6 with 813 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Election predictions on 16:31 - May 6 by pointofblue

Yes, can’t see why political stories are released on Election Day, good or bad. Then again I’m sure the French fishermen did the Tories a world of good too...

I also realise I was behind SB is posting that link - I must be on a go slow today.

You have a point of course and to be fair, when I read the economy story I did have the same thought. I was of the opinion that news outlets were not supposed to issue political stories on the day of voting; I guess it depends what you call political.....
Election predictions on 16:56 - May 6 with 794 views26_Paz

Election predictions on 16:43 - May 6 by J2BLUE

I predict Khan will increase his winning distance. Too many assorted divs taking votes off each other and most of London would back Khan anyway.

He’ll win easily that’s for sure. Maybe a bit of complacency will stop it being the romp many are expecting. We shall see.

The Paz Man

Election predictions on 17:05 - May 6 with 783 viewspointofblue

Election predictions on 16:43 - May 6 by Timefliesbyintheblue

You have a point of course and to be fair, when I read the economy story I did have the same thought. I was of the opinion that news outlets were not supposed to issue political stories on the day of voting; I guess it depends what you call political.....

Yes, I was slightly surprised it was on the BBC site considering their guidelines on news reporting on Election Day.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Election predictions on 17:06 - May 6 with 779 viewsStokieBlue

Election predictions on 16:43 - May 6 by J2BLUE

I think there will be some people voting against him due to the LTN's but he should still win comfortably.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Election predictions on 19:53 - May 6 with 739 viewstractordownsouth

Election predictions on 17:06 - May 6 by StokieBlue

I think there will be some people voting against him due to the LTN's but he should still win comfortably.

SB

He won’t win in the first round but Bailey is a car crash of a candidate so it will be 20 points in the 2nd round. I really really want Binface to beat Fox and UKIP

Election predictions on 12:47 - May 7 with 661 viewstractordownsouth

Welsh Labour stunningly could be on course to gain a seat!

Tory target seat Vale of Glamorgan (Tory held in Westminster since 2010) is looking like a Labour hold. Clwyd South and Bridgend which turned blue in 2019 at Westminster are staying red. Wrexham and Vale of Clwyd which looked like certain Tory gains are on a knife edge. Leanne Wood's seat in the Rhondda is flipping back red.

Still concern in Delyn but a stunning result if it comes to pass. It does show that the vaccine bounce has had a sizeable impact though - on the doorstep most of the undecideds we've spoken to have approved of Drakeford's handling of the pandemic and rightly so.

Even if we only lose net 1 or 2 it'd be brilliant considering there was a chance the UKIP vote from 2016 would go straight to the Tories.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024