Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 07:59 - May 7 with 4381 viewsBluefish

We have a hard working independent candidate, she is known to everyone and available and very proactive in sorting issues and listening to concerns. Somehow she lost last night to a non local tory that no one has ever met and is non existent

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:02 - May 7 with 2127 viewsLesta_Tractor

Too many people either don't bother voting or simply vote for the same party as their parents/family.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:04 - May 7 with 2107 viewsnoggin

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:02 - May 7 by Lesta_Tractor

Too many people either don't bother voting or simply vote for the same party as their parents/family.

The public gets what the public wants.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:07 - May 7 with 2084 viewsElephantintheRoom

The answer is probably in the turnout.

Mist people have never, ever voted in local elections

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:08 - May 7 with 2078 viewsBluefish

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:04 - May 7 by noggin

The public gets what the public wants.

But I don't get what this society wants

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:09 - May 7 with 2059 viewsBluefish

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:07 - May 7 by ElephantintheRoom

The answer is probably in the turnout.

Mist people have never, ever voted in local elections

34.6%

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:11 - May 7 with 2051 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:08 - May 7 by Bluefish

But I don't get what this society wants

To f#ck over the middle class!!
The fact they will end up shining the boots of the established upper classes is overlooked but hey-ho.

Edit...Labour has shot itself in the foot with its Brexit positioning not because it tried to offer a proper alternative for a few years.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 8:14]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:17 - May 7 with 2002 viewsElephantintheRoom

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:09 - May 7 by Bluefish

34.6%

The other answer might be to stop local councils being politicised. That way people who actually care about their community can campaign on local issues with someidependence and integrity and voters wont be ticking a box for a somewhat irrlevant political party - might be beneficial to the way councils are funded too.

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:17 - May 7 with 1998 viewsBarneycurley

I'd suggest the thick as ones are the disengaged 60% odd that didn't vote

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Login to get fewer ads

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:28 - May 7 with 1964 viewsElephantintheRoom

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:17 - May 7 by Barneycurley

Not really - there is little point in voting if your views are never, ever represented. Turn out was a third - winner will have got a third of a third of the vote in a 'landslide'

Even in the general election Johnson and his cabal of incompetent liars only got 44% of the vote - which is portrayed as a landslide and a mandate from the British people - which is hardly motivational for the vast majority of voters who didnt vote conservative - nor the 50% who have long got past caring and didnt vote. The government's landslide mandate is effectively given by 20% of the electorate and largely protected by carefully constructed constituency borders - and first past the post.

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:30 - May 7 with 1944 viewsLord_Lucan

It's a shame when that sort of thing happens but she should stick at it.

Out of interest what was the split?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:42 - May 7 with 1859 viewsHARRY10

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:11 - May 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

The fact they will end up shining the boots of the established upper classes is overlooked but hey-ho.

Edit...Labour has shot itself in the foot with its Brexit positioning not because it tried to offer a proper alternative for a few years.

I have to disagree on that one.

You either stand by what you think is right, and put the case for that, or you pander to what thickos want which is a very slippery slope to head down

Nothing much is going to happen at the moment. there is still a workable majority in the Commons. Dimwits still tug at their forelocks deluding themselves that all the woes emanate from Brussels, and that Johnson is a lovable character.

The problem progressive parties, politicians and supporters have is they imagine that others form ideas on the basis of reasoned thought. They don't.

Look up the role the sheep played in Animal Farm, and ask yourself whether vacuous slogans still play a part (three word ones)

Brexit means brexit, lock her up, get it done, stay at home, take back control, bullets before butter, build the wall, oven ready deal, four legs good.......
People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:44 - May 7 with 1841 viewsGuthrum

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:28 - May 7 by ElephantintheRoom

Not really - there is little point in voting if your views are never, ever represented. Turn out was a third - winner will have got a third of a third of the vote in a 'landslide'

Even in the general election Johnson and his cabal of incompetent liars only got 44% of the vote - which is portrayed as a landslide and a mandate from the British people - which is hardly motivational for the vast majority of voters who didnt vote conservative - nor the 50% who have long got past caring and didnt vote. The government's landslide mandate is effectively given by 20% of the electorate and largely protected by carefully constructed constituency borders - and first past the post.

Thing is, the 56% who didn't vote for the Conservatives aren't a unified bloc (notwithstanding Labour's cherished tribal belief that all non-Tories are duty-bound to support them).

Non-voters are simply that. People who couldn't be bothered to take an interest in the governance of their own country or community. All this about "long past caring" is rubbish. If nobody is offering what you want, set something up, or support independent candidates, or join the local party and turn it towards you aims (Momentum managed to steer Labour in their preferred direction doing that, as did the Brexiteer wing of the Conservatives).

Not disagreeing with your point that things are tilted against change, with the electoral system, party finances and gerrymandering*. But so they have been many times and reform was still achieved.

* Tho that is more a result of failing (or refusing) to adapt to demographic changes than deliberate construction.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:46 - May 7 with 1827 viewsGuthrum

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:17 - May 7 by ElephantintheRoom

The other answer might be to stop local councils being politicised. That way people who actually care about their community can campaign on local issues with someidependence and integrity and voters wont be ticking a box for a somewhat irrlevant political party - might be beneficial to the way councils are funded too.

Now that is a good idea.

National party politics are often irrelevant to local issues and contribute to mindless tribalism.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:51 - May 7 with 1806 viewsBluefish

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:30 - May 7 by Lord_Lucan

It's a shame when that sort of thing happens but she should stick at it.

Out of interest what was the split?

She was 1460ish and the tory 1700ish

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:51 - May 7 with 1807 viewsKeno

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:22 - May 7 with 1667 viewsPagan_Blue

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:44 - May 7 by Guthrum

Thing is, the 56% who didn't vote for the Conservatives aren't a unified bloc (notwithstanding Labour's cherished tribal belief that all non-Tories are duty-bound to support them).

Non-voters are simply that. People who couldn't be bothered to take an interest in the governance of their own country or community. All this about "long past caring" is rubbish. If nobody is offering what you want, set something up, or support independent candidates, or join the local party and turn it towards you aims (Momentum managed to steer Labour in their preferred direction doing that, as did the Brexiteer wing of the Conservatives).

Not disagreeing with your point that things are tilted against change, with the electoral system, party finances and gerrymandering*. But so they have been many times and reform was still achieved.

* Tho that is more a result of failing (or refusing) to adapt to demographic changes than deliberate construction.

I must confess to being a non-voter in the last two General Elections. My reason for this is because my MP, the useless and totally anonymous Dr Dan Poulter, who never responds to emails and does nothing for his constituents,
has a massive majority here in rural East Suffolk. There is therefore absolutely no point under the current electoral system in taking the trouble to vote, it is literally a complete waste of my time.
People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:24 - May 7 with 1659 viewsBlueBadger

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:17 - May 7 by Barneycurley

I dunno, seems like quite the action of a thicko to turn out specifically to vote for a pack of incompetent, bigoted sociopaths who are actively working against your interests..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:28 - May 7 with 1634 viewsSwansea_Blue

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:51 - May 7 by Keno

Always genius

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:29 - May 7 with 1611 viewsHARRY10

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:22 - May 7 by Pagan_Blue

I must confess to being a non-voter in the last two General Elections. My reason for this is because my MP, the useless and totally anonymous Dr Dan Poulter, who never responds to emails and does nothing for his constituents,
has a massive majority here in rural East Suffolk. There is therefore absolutely no point under the current electoral system in taking the trouble to vote, it is literally a complete waste of my time.

There should be the facility (a box) to vote....................none of the above

Rather than dissenting votes being dismissed as spoilt ballots

But until voters take a greater interest in who governs them, then this is what we will get.
People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:31 - May 7 with 1595 viewsBlueBadger

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 08:11 - May 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

If the Dear Leader had actually bothered to turn out and engage with all those young voters he allegedly attracted in 2016, we'd probably still actually be in the EU, the Tories would be tearing themselves apart over Blue Passports and No Foreigners again and, worst case scenario, we'd probably have a coalition government rather than the current kakistocracy of incompetent, openly corrupt bigoted sociopaths.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:32 - May 7 with 1581 viewsitfcjoe

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:22 - May 7 by Pagan_Blue

It feels like that for me, he is utterly useless

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:35 - May 7 with 1565 viewslongtimefan

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:24 - May 7 by BlueBadger

I dunno, seems like quite the action of a thicko to turn out specifically to vote for a pack of incompetent, bigoted sociopaths who are actively working against your interests..

Whereas those who are discontented with their lot sit at home on their arses or can’t be bothered to apply for a postal vote are the intelligent ones? No wonder the country is in such a state.
People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:38 - May 7 with 1551 viewsBlueBadger

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:35 - May 7 by longtimefan

Whereas those who are discontented with their lot sit at home on their arses or can’t be bothered to apply for a postal vote are the intelligent ones? No wonder the country is in such a state.

I'll rephrase, it takes a special kind of thicko to turn out in traditionally poorly attended votes...

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:38 - May 7 with 1552 viewsSwansea_Blue

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:35 - May 7 by longtimefan

Mind you, there's absolutely no guarantee that would change anything. If they're completely uninterested they would be just as likely to fall for the lies and follow the lead of the press. They wouldn't be aware of relevant, hard working independent such as the one mentioned in the OP.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:48 - May 7 with 1522 viewslongtimefan

People are thick as pig sh*t part 8482401 on 09:38 - May 7 by BlueBadger

I'll rephrase, it takes a special kind of thicko to turn out in traditionally poorly attended votes...

Not sure how you expect change to happen if you can’t be bothered to tick a box on a piece of paper and post it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024