Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind 11:41 - May 13 with 2585 viewsgordon

If we sorted out the fitness situation and had most of our team available for most of our games, we'd easily have got two more wins to get us into the play-offs. Add in not being managed by Lambert who was awful, that's probably another two wins from somewhere. Add in another two good attacking players and an upgrade at centre-half, that's another couple of wins and we're challenging for automatic promotion.

The 'demolition man' stuff is Cook on an ego trip, nothing more nothing less. It's Paul Hurst on steroids, for me.
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 11:53 - May 13 with 1618 viewsWakh

We need a championship capable team upon promotion. The current squad is nowhere near that. We would not be allowed to invest enough to revamp it upon promotion and a future relegation would be a major setback. A big year now and ready to compete in the championship. The players being sought will make the squad championship capable and the most exciting we have seen for years. Wait and see.
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 11:59 - May 13 with 1564 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Nothing like giving the bloke a chance.

And as for 'demolition man' - the only player he's let go so far that's slightly controversial for me is Nydam.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:03 - May 13 with 1519 viewsgordon

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 11:53 - May 13 by Wakh

We need a championship capable team upon promotion. The current squad is nowhere near that. We would not be allowed to invest enough to revamp it upon promotion and a future relegation would be a major setback. A big year now and ready to compete in the championship. The players being sought will make the squad championship capable and the most exciting we have seen for years. Wait and see.

Sure, but unless I'm missing something but putting ourselves in a situation where we are recruiting 15 - 20 players this summer under League One SCMP rules isn't going to be a very easy way of building that Championship ready squad.

Would guess we're banking on being able to pick up 3 or 4 high quality young Premier League players on loan who won't count under SCMP rules, but would be unlikely to be around the season after.
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:05 - May 13 with 1485 viewsCoco

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:03 - May 13 by gordon

Sure, but unless I'm missing something but putting ourselves in a situation where we are recruiting 15 - 20 players this summer under League One SCMP rules isn't going to be a very easy way of building that Championship ready squad.

Would guess we're banking on being able to pick up 3 or 4 high quality young Premier League players on loan who won't count under SCMP rules, but would be unlikely to be around the season after.

crikey - has anyone called up Cook and Ashton to explain this?

Genuinely think the fans have lost the plot.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:06 - May 13 with 1483 viewsMerseyBlue

The thing is, most people believe that this squad needs dismantling. That means we are in for a bumpy ride, some players we like will go, some we are happy to see the back of will go.

You have to trust the manager to rip it up and start again. If it doesn't work out then we can start the inquest but for now I think we should allow him time to actually bring players in before we judge.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:06 - May 13 with 1482 viewsGuthrum

SCMP is on wages and is turnover-based. We're not too badly off on that front, peobably better than some lower Champ outfits.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:09 - May 13 with 1450 viewslazyblue

It’s no Cook ego trip, it’s Cook knowing he has better players lined up!
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:09 - May 13 with 1437 viewsgordon

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:06 - May 13 by Guthrum

SCMP is on wages and is turnover-based. We're not too badly off on that front, peobably better than some lower Champ outfits.

Yes definitely, there'll be some leeway, but the point is more that players that come through the academy will be on lower wages than what we'd have to offer to bring in equivalent players from elsewhere.

Replacing someone like Dobra, who will still be on low wages and is very able at League One level, lots of promise etc doesn't make any sense - if we tried to lure away an equivalently talented player from somewhere else, we'd have to offer much higher wages.
Login to get fewer ads

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:10 - May 13 with 1411 viewsgordon

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:06 - May 13 by MerseyBlue

The thing is, most people believe that this squad needs dismantling. That means we are in for a bumpy ride, some players we like will go, some we are happy to see the back of will go.

You have to trust the manager to rip it up and start again. If it doesn't work out then we can start the inquest but for now I think we should allow him time to actually bring players in before we judge.

Just thought that the club would be a little bit more cautious given what happened under Hurst.
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:11 - May 13 with 1405 viewsButterbing

Too early to tell for me. I'm reserving judgement until we have started to see some more actual movement. So far 8 guys are leaving at the least and no signings have been made (and this is not going to change for weeks). The rest is hearsay and just because we have heard that Cook has told everybody they can look for new clubs it does not mean they will all go. He may be rooting out the ones who don't want to be here whilst giving the ones who want to stay a kick up the derriere. Bit early for a flounce.
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:13 - May 13 with 1344 viewsWD19

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:09 - May 13 by lazyblue

It’s no Cook ego trip, it’s Cook knowing he has better players lined up!

With the new owners Cook knows he is in a 'go big or go home' situation and has clearly decided that he is not going to die wondering.

Does it make me feel uncomfortable - Yes. Am I happy about Nydam going - No. Will several of the players we ship out go on to be successful - Almost certainly.

But you can see what Cook is doing and form an impartial pov it is the right thing to do. Its just scary as hell.
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:13 - May 13 with 1344 viewsSouperJim

Wait for a body before starting the autopsy springs to mind.

Lots of talk and posturing so far, we'll see who wants to stay and who wants to go.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:13 - May 13 with 1342 viewsMerseyBlue

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:10 - May 13 by gordon

Just thought that the club would be a little bit more cautious given what happened under Hurst.

I see what you mean but it's different circumstances- new owners, lower league, longer stagnation. They have to do something radical to get things moving in my opinion. It might not work out but I think we'll all feel more positive by the time pre-season is over.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:16 - May 13 with 1322 viewsgordon

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:11 - May 13 by Butterbing

Too early to tell for me. I'm reserving judgement until we have started to see some more actual movement. So far 8 guys are leaving at the least and no signings have been made (and this is not going to change for weeks). The rest is hearsay and just because we have heard that Cook has told everybody they can look for new clubs it does not mean they will all go. He may be rooting out the ones who don't want to be here whilst giving the ones who want to stay a kick up the derriere. Bit early for a flounce.

Yes, just think having the manager tell your whole squad they can leave because he has a bruised ego about messing up on getting into the play-offs is the kind of thing we should be moving away from as a club.
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:17 - May 13 with 1308 viewsWakh

SCMP has some big advantages over FFP for a club in ITFC's current position. We need Enter the Championship in a competitive place. To do that we need to spend to accumulate now.
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:18 - May 13 with 1301 viewsgordon

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:13 - May 13 by MerseyBlue

I see what you mean but it's different circumstances- new owners, lower league, longer stagnation. They have to do something radical to get things moving in my opinion. It might not work out but I think we'll all feel more positive by the time pre-season is over.

If KVY and Norwood had been fit for the whole of last season and we'd had one really decent attacking midfielder / winger, we'd easily have been challenging for automatic promotion. It's just totally unnecessary, in my opinion, and more about Cook than what's best for ITFC.
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:22 - May 13 with 1231 viewsFixed_It

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 11:59 - May 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

And as for 'demolition man' - the only player he's let go so far that's slightly controversial for me is Nydam.

Agreed re Nydam. But even then, we have to assume that Cook is close enough to have concerns about something, especially after his comments about his positive attitude.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:23 - May 13 with 1226 viewsFixed_It

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 11:59 - May 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:23 - May 13 with 1224 viewsgordon

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:13 - May 13 by WD19

With the new owners Cook knows he is in a 'go big or go home' situation and has clearly decided that he is not going to die wondering.

Does it make me feel uncomfortable - Yes. Am I happy about Nydam going - No. Will several of the players we ship out go on to be successful - Almost certainly.

But you can see what Cook is doing and form an impartial pov it is the right thing to do. Its just scary as hell.

Yes, I can completely understand why Cook is making these decisions from his personal perspective - I'm just gobsmacked that after the mess Hurst caused, the club is willing to give a manager such leeway to gut the club again.
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:24 - May 13 with 1206 viewsMerseyBlue

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:18 - May 13 by gordon

If KVY and Norwood had been fit for the whole of last season and we'd had one really decent attacking midfielder / winger, we'd easily have been challenging for automatic promotion. It's just totally unnecessary, in my opinion, and more about Cook than what's best for ITFC.

I don't know, I never thought our team was anything special. None of the homegrown boys have done enough for me. Older players had lost their physical edge. Defense was on paper quite solid, but when you watched them they created most of their own problems with dodgy passing. Loan signings were ineffectual. Lack of urgency throughout the team. We need a new start, these players have become too comfortable.

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:27 - May 13 with 1174 viewsButterbing

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:23 - May 13 by gordon

Yes, I can completely understand why Cook is making these decisions from his personal perspective - I'm just gobsmacked that after the mess Hurst caused, the club is willing to give a manager such leeway to gut the club again.

I get we have all been burned before. It's still too early to compare Cook to Hurst. The previous manager and squad had two goes at this league and failed both times. The squad had been failing for years. We have gone from disaster to disaster for years so why assume that this Summer will be any different? I get your pessimism but perhaps we should wait and see what happens before the flouncing?
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:29 - May 13 with 1159 viewsWakh

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:10 - May 13 by gordon

The Club be more cautious? The club cannot make decisions or have regrets, only those steering it can do that and last seasons decision makers who possibly have a reason to be cautious have gone. The learning curve of 'the club' going forward will be the experience that that the current leaders have learned from previous clubs. The club has a can do approach now rather than a perhaps approach.

The club is just a (very important) collective of fans.
Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:39 - May 13 with 1133 viewsjayessess

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:22 - May 13 by Fixed_It

Agreed re Nydam. But even then, we have to assume that Cook is close enough to have concerns about something, especially after his comments about his positive attitude.

Gotta laugh. Every single one of the young players you're happy to see leave has had more good games for Ipswich Town than Nydam.

The only young players we like at Ipswich seem to the ones who've never featured for the first team!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:44 - May 13 with 1091 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:39 - May 13 by jayessess

Gotta laugh. Every single one of the young players you're happy to see leave has had more good games for Ipswich Town than Nydam.

The only young players we like at Ipswich seem to the ones who've never featured for the first team!

But they’ve also had plenty of opportunities to cement a place...which Nydam hasn’t. Nydam isn’t tainted by the sh!tshow of the last 3 seasons either. I would like to have seen him given a chance personally.

Poll: Our final position

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:45 - May 13 with 1078 viewsitfcpaul

Happy to say that the club have lost their mind on 12:23 - May 13 by gordon

the Manager will get the backing that ME didnt give Hurts

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024