Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just realised next September 20:47 - Jun 3 with 2319 viewsvilanovablue

I will have been using this site for 25 years. Not sure if I’m sad or happy about that.
Just realised next September on 20:53 - Jun 3 with 1926 viewsvapour_trail

There should be recognition for this.

Your avatar turns gold. Or you become board admin for 24 hours. A virtual statue. There must be something.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Just realised next September on 21:15 - Jun 3 with 1893 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s best not to think about it or look to see how many thousands of posts you’ve made over the years. Just carry on, look forward and pretend you haven’t invested literally months and months posting on here. Onwards!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just realised next September on 21:46 - Jun 3 with 1841 viewsWestover

I will have been using this site for 25 years. Not sure if I’m sad or happy about that.

I've been with the same woman for 25 years in September and it's the same for me 😂😂
Just realised next September on 08:04 - Jun 4 with 1745 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, I'm around that now too. Can't remember exactly when but my first year at uni was 95-96 so during that.

A smaller online fanbase in those days, less immediacy but still plenty of strong opinions, distractions from work and - occasionally - board invasions. TWTD.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just realised next September on 09:43 - Jun 4 with 1717 viewsWD19

I am impressed with your accuracy.

I know I think I vaguely started using it about 1997.....but I struggle to pin it down to within 12 months accuracy.
Just realised next September on 09:50 - Jun 4 with 1686 viewsKeno

Just realised next September on 09:43 - Jun 4 by WD19

I know I think I vaguely started using it about 1997.....but I struggle to pin it down to within 12 months accuracy.

I still think over all those year the temporary board we had in between two upgrades was the best

(only joking Gav - honest!!)

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just realised next September on 10:01 - Jun 4 with 1678 viewsLord_Lucan

Wow, that is impressive - or depressing, I also can't decide which.

I'm not sure when I started, I just remember a big white horse as the background, I'm thinking around 1998.

Over the years I have seen some cretins come and go - but if I'm honest, I don't think I have seen as many absolute Clownshoes as I have now.

I think my favourite poster was Stupidbigmouthhead, closely followed by VeLObLInD (sp)

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just realised next September on 10:10 - Jun 4 with 1646 viewsBluefish

Just realised next September on 10:01 - Jun 4 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not sure when I started, I just remember a big white horse as the background, I'm thinking around 1998.

Over the years I have seen some cretins come and go - but if I'm honest, I don't think I have seen as many absolute Clownshoes as I have now.

I think my favourite poster was Stupidbigmouthhead, closely followed by VeLObLInD (sp)

I think around 97-98 for me too. Not convinced I had been on the Internet before then. Got to love a freeserve disc

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Just realised next September on 10:12 - Jun 4 with 1646 viewsbluelagos

I started on TWTD when my first employer set up an "Internet cafe" in the staff canteen. 2 computers with internet connections and I would jump on for 15 mins after my dinner. I left that employer in 97 and was on for a year minimum - so reckon I am also due a TWTD carriage clock.

Back in the day anyone could label their posts with any name, so plenty of arguments about "who said what" caused by people pretending to be other people.

Was WilnecoteBlue until I popped to Nigeria for a job and someone suggested Blue Lagos. I think it was an aftershave or something?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Just realised next September on 10:22 - Jun 4 with 1628 viewsvilanovablue

Just realised next September on 09:43 - Jun 4 by WD19

Started a job in London in 97 where a fellow town fan introduced me to TWTD hence knowing the date fairly precisely.
Just realised next September on 10:24 - Jun 4 with 1621 viewsvilanovablue

Just realised next September on 10:12 - Jun 4 by bluelagos

I started on TWTD when my first employer set up an "Internet cafe" in the staff canteen. 2 computers with internet connections and I would jump on for 15 mins after my dinner. I left that employer in 97 and was on for a year minimum - so reckon I am also due a TWTD carriage clock.

Back in the day anyone could label their posts with any name, so plenty of arguments about "who said what" caused by people pretending to be other people.

Was WilnecoteBlue until I popped to Nigeria for a job and someone suggested Blue Lagos. I think it was an aftershave or something?

I started as ReigateBlue and then moved to Spain in 2001 hence the name change, been back in England since 2003...
Just realised next September on 10:38 - Jun 4 with 1608 viewsdryas

I'm offended I didn't make your list! How are you Lucan?
Just realised next September on 10:45 - Jun 4 with 1597 viewsLord_Lucan

Just realised next September on 10:38 - Jun 4 by dryas

I'm offended I didn't make your list! How are you Lucan?

Hey Dryas

It's absolutely fantastic to see you pop up.

Only yesterday (I think) I was commenting on a post and mentioned that back in the day I used to row Bully and Dryas but ultimately you were both sound guys.

Those were the days eh? We are getting old now mate, this is all a bit crazy really, a generation has passed.

I hope you and yours are ok.

All the very best Dryas The Younger

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just realised next September on 10:56 - Jun 4 with 1561 viewsBiGDonnie

Nice!

I think I started posting when I was 17/18 so about 17/18 years of posting!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Just realised next September on 10:58 - Jun 4 with 1556 viewsBiGDonnie

Stupidbigmouthhead was absolute gold.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Just realised next September on 11:03 - Jun 4 with 1548 viewsdryas

Just realised next September on 10:45 - Jun 4 by Lord_Lucan

Hey Dryas

It's absolutely fantastic to see you pop up.

Only yesterday (I think) I was commenting on a post and mentioned that back in the day I used to row Bully and Dryas but ultimately you were both sound guys.

Those were the days eh? We are getting old now mate, this is all a bit crazy really, a generation has passed.

I hope you and yours are ok.

All the very best Dryas The Younger

We're all good thanks! All the best to you too. Thought I might dip my toe back in the TWTD water now we are into the new Town era. Beats grading student assessments anyway!
Just realised next September on 11:06 - Jun 4 with 1544 viewstonybied

WilnecoteBlue...as in Wilnecote, Tamworth?

I currently reside in the Tamworth area. Not sure if it more unfortunate for me or for the other residents of Tamworth though!
Just realised next September on 11:09 - Jun 4 with 1539 viewsKeno

Just realised next September on 11:03 - Jun 4 by dryas

We're all good thanks! All the best to you too. Thought I might dip my toe back in the TWTD water now we are into the new Town era. Beats grading student assessments anyway!

you have been missed Dryas

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just realised next September on 11:11 - Jun 4 with 1529 viewsdryas

Just realised next September on 11:09 - Jun 4 by Keno

you have been missed Dryas

Thanks Keno - good to see so many old lags still here!
Just realised next September on 11:19 - Jun 4 with 1518 viewsParisBlue

I remember this board sending me to the wrong prematch pub in Portsmouth. Must have been April 97.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Just realised next September on 11:25 - Jun 4 with 1508 viewsCotty

Just realised next September on 11:11 - Jun 4 by dryas

Thanks Keno - good to see so many old lags still here!

Ahoy hoy!
Just realised next September on 11:27 - Jun 4 with 1504 viewsdryas

Just realised next September on 11:25 - Jun 4 by Cotty

Ahoy hoy!

Well hello! Is that the same avatar? How are you Cotty?
Just realised next September on 11:29 - Jun 4 with 1499 viewsCotty

Just realised next September on 11:27 - Jun 4 by dryas

Well hello! Is that the same avatar? How are you Cotty?

I think I've had 2 avatars since about 2006.

Yes not bad thanks, you?
Just realised next September on 11:32 - Jun 4 with 1487 viewsRyorry

Wilnecote - how lovely to see you, I wondered where you'd gone!

I was originally R from Yorkshire, then 'Ryor' till a requirement for at least 6 characters in the username was introduced.

Am of a similar vintage to many - 97-8 I think. This was only the second internet site I'd seen, the first being the official ITFC one.

Dread to think how much of my mis-spent middle & old age has been on here 😂

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just realised next September on 11:41 - Jun 4 with 1460 viewsdryas

Just realised next September on 11:29 - Jun 4 by Cotty

I think I've had 2 avatars since about 2006.

Yes not bad thanks, you?

Not too bad. Getting some miles in on the old pushbike and still slogging away in HE. You?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024