Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee 11:21 - Jun 7 with 4079 viewsSteve_M

Do click through to see this in all it's majesty:

*Sadly, unlikely.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 15:11 - Jun 7 with 1608 viewsMerseyBlue

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 15:01 - Jun 7 by noggin

The good people of Liverpool had a great tactic.

Yes that was a good day I have to say, one of a number of occasions I've been proud to be an honorary scouser.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 15:13 - Jun 7 with 1601 viewsjontysnut

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:28 - Jun 7 by JackSted

Here’s another classic if you want a laugh

He was clearly influenced by some of the early works of Private Baldrick

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:21 - Jun 7 with 1505 viewsLeaky

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:55 - Jun 7 by MerseyBlue

I wonder if there is something we could come up with to combat this nonsense. It's all well and good us all voicing our disdane at these idiots, and I think we should continue to do so but maybe we need to do more to really make them realise how pathetic they are. A monumental ask, but getting fans to take the knee en masse alongside the England team at their next match and post it to social media would be a real statement with a hashtag like #WeTakeTheKnee or something similar.

Extremely wishful thinking which wouldn't solve anything but would be a great show of solidarity against these morons.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 14:56]

I just wonder how fans can take the knee in all seater stadia.
One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:25 - Jun 7 with 1494 viewsjeera

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:21 - Jun 7 by Leaky

You didn't read his post properly did you?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:35 - Jun 7 with 1479 viewsbluelagos

Tom from Hamstead spells it out why he booed...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:36 - Jun 7 with 1476 viewsPinewoodblue

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:21 - Jun 7 by Leaky

Taking a knee is easy but not the getting back up bit.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:46 - Jun 7 with 1456 viewsjeera

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:35 - Jun 7 by bluelagos

It shouldn't be possible that anyone who can dress themselves can be this dim?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:54 - Jun 7 with 1435 viewsbluelagos

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:46 - Jun 7 by jeera

You make a big assumption there Jeera.

Personally I wonder if Tom's carer partners him to the match or is he allowed to go on his own (fully dressed of course)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:57 - Jun 7 with 1428 viewsnoggin

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:46 - Jun 7 by jeera

He boos the England players because some people rioted in America after a black man was murdered by the police.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:18 - Jun 7 with 1365 viewsglasso

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 11:36 - Jun 7 by noggin

Daubney is proper dick. Sky News have him as a guest sometimes and he always comes across as a nasty prlck.

I used to work with the bloke and can confirm that he is every bit the thunderc**t he comes across as.
One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:29 - Jun 7 with 1328 viewsbazza

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:55 - Jun 7 by MerseyBlue

I wonder if there is something we could come up with to combat this nonsense. It's all well and good us all voicing our disdane at these idiots, and I think we should continue to do so but maybe we need to do more to really make them realise how pathetic they are. A monumental ask, but getting fans to take the knee en masse alongside the England team at their next match and post it to social media would be a real statement with a hashtag like #WeTakeTheKnee or something similar.

Extremely wishful thinking which wouldn't solve anything but would be a great show of solidarity against these morons.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 14:56]

Bad enough trying to sit down in a seat in a football
Stadium let alone take the knee..😂
One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:30 - Jun 7 with 1326 viewsbazza

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:29 - Jun 7 by bazza

Bad enough trying to sit down in a seat in a football
Stadium let alone take the knee..😂

Would have to rename it, Scrape The knee.
One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:43 - Jun 7 with 1298 viewstractordownsouth

The people who’ve spent the last few years telling us how anti-snowflake and patriotic they are, are now having a tantrum and boycotting their country’s football team because the players took the knee.

Couldn’t make it up.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:45 - Jun 7 with 1296 viewstractordownsouth

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:28 - Jun 7 by JackSted

Here’s another classic if you want a laugh

“Tell me you’re a virgin without telling me you’re a virgin”

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:46 - Jun 7 with 1288 viewsSpruceMoose

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:43 - Jun 7 by tractordownsouth

The people who’ve spent the last few years telling us how anti-snowflake and patriotic they are, are now having a tantrum and boycotting their country’s football team because the players took the knee.

Couldn’t make it up.

The Right is all about projection. An accusation from the Right is as good as a confession.

Culture wars? Check.
Cancel culture? Check.
Snowflakery? Check.
Identity politics? Check.
Corruption? Check.
Politics of envy? Check.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:57 - Jun 7 with 1276 viewstractordownsouth

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:46 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

The Right is all about projection. An accusation from the Right is as good as a confession.

Culture wars? Check.
Cancel culture? Check.
Snowflakery? Check.
Corruption? Check.
Politics of envy? Check.

Lozza’s was allowed out of his Mum’s basement today, so naturally he spent the day shouting at traffic lights

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:59 - Jun 7 with 1275 viewstractordownsouth

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:46 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

Culture wars? Check.
Cancel culture? Check.
Snowflakery? Check.
Corruption? Check.
Politics of envy? Check.

Another irony is of course that the people who say “taking the knee is political and we shouldn’t have that in football” would (rightly) be furious if someone decided to boo the minute silence on remembrance day.

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 23:31 - Jun 7 with 1244 viewsSpruceMoose

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:59 - Jun 7 by tractordownsouth

Another irony is of course that the people who say “taking the knee is political and we shouldn’t have that in football” would (rightly) be furious if someone decided to boo the minute silence on remembrance day.

Mate, they wet their pants because James McClean doesn't wear a poppy. That's how political they make sport.

I'm sick of hearing from this so called silent majority. Can't they just enjoy the fact that they currently have the power to screw over everyone they want to screw over and shut the fck up?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 23:45 - Jun 7 with 1228 viewsSwansea_Blue

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 23:31 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

Mate, they wet their pants because James McClean doesn't wear a poppy. That's how political they make sport.

I'm sick of hearing from this so called silent majority. Can't they just enjoy the fact that they currently have the power to screw over everyone they want to screw over and shut the fck up?

It's gone nuts here. Too many people seem to have lost the ability to think and just parrot repeat what they've heard from 'edgy' commentators or seen from their own tribe online. They're just being manipulated. They're sheep in a world run by wolves if you'll excuse the melodramatic metaphor.

How are things over there now that Trump has gone? It's been a breath of fresh air here not having to put up with his putrid presence infesting the airwaves 24/7. No doubt the social media crowd are still going at it, but in terms of general print, TV and radio media it's been wonderful since he was ousted. Biden is barely making waves and just getting on with the job seemingly.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 23:49]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 23:45 - Jun 7 with 1227 viewsTangledupin_Blue

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 19:35 - Jun 7 by bluelagos

Out of all of that this bit really tickled me...

James O'Brien: "How big is your flag?"

Caller: "I can't remember"

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 23:53 - Jun 7 with 1216 viewsSwansea_Blue

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 23:45 - Jun 7 by Tangledupin_Blue

Out of all of that this bit really tickled me...

James O'Brien: "How big is your flag?"

Caller: "I can't remember"

The sad thing is that he comes across as fairly well spoken. In all other ways he's probably a normal lad who's a good friend to his mates and a good son/brother/parter (whatever). But he's been persuaded to go down a route that he can't even begin to explain. What a mess.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 00:45 - Jun 8 with 1177 viewsSpruceMoose

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 23:45 - Jun 7 by Swansea_Blue

It's gone nuts here. Too many people seem to have lost the ability to think and just parrot repeat what they've heard from 'edgy' commentators or seen from their own tribe online. They're just being manipulated. They're sheep in a world run by wolves if you'll excuse the melodramatic metaphor.

How are things over there now that Trump has gone? It's been a breath of fresh air here not having to put up with his putrid presence infesting the airwaves 24/7. No doubt the social media crowd are still going at it, but in terms of general print, TV and radio media it's been wonderful since he was ousted. Biden is barely making waves and just getting on with the job seemingly.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 23:49]

Certainly in NY we are basking in a golden age of somewhat ambitious and efficient federal government. There are a few plums who are trying to say that Biden has achieved nothing so far, but they are either on the wind up or plain wrong.

Biden's agenda isn't everything I'd hope for, but it is more progressive than I was expecting. Its also bloody lovely not waking up every day worried what madness has happened overnight, and I feel so happy for my minority friends and neighbours that they are no longer living in a country with leaders who despise them.

The quieter Trump is forced to be, the more like the Wizard of Oz he becomes. He's small, yesterday's news, and the people who do care about him are slowly disappearing, leaving us with the dangerous hardcore nutcases. The absolute worst thing for him is that he's now boring. Nobody really cares what he has to say because he has no power.

That being said, there are still massive numbers of nutcases out there. Trump is as much a symptom as he was a cause. Even your bog standard Republican wants to strip every voting, reproductive, health, climate and education right we currently enjoy. Like in Britain, there is a group of people who gladly swallow every meanspirited word uttered against other people, and who love nothing more than punching down.

You see them everywhere online, and much like on here, they skirt the rules, they're sly, they troll, they dig and needle. They pull the wool over many eyes and con people into thinking that what they have to say is a reasonable point of view to argue against.

I really hope that those who can't be convinced by words can be quietly convinced through actions. Make them prosperous, make them happy, make them healthy and it becomes hard to take those rights away from them.

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 00:47 - Jun 8 with 1175 viewsSpruceMoose

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 22:45 - Jun 7 by tractordownsouth

“Tell me you’re a virgin without telling me you’re a virgin”

Greg Wallace has let himself go again! And turned into a sniveling, obviously life long loser of a racist dingleberry.

Anyone downvoting any abuse this fella is getting is probably just as bad as he is.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 0:48]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024