Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party 18:08 - Jun 7 with 1344 viewsbluelagos

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-compares-england-players-24268237

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 18:10 - Jun 7 with 1316 viewsfooters

Can't wait for him to cancel the minute's silence on Remembrance Sunday then. Tick tock.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 18:12 - Jun 7 with 1300 viewsSpruceMoose

It's absurd. They're taking it to ridiculous levels now. The players won't stop doing it. Morons will keep booing. Some extra stupid person will do more than just boo... And these people will be responsible.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 18:32 - Jun 7 with 1246 viewsjeera

"Asked if Boris Johnson agreed with Mr Clarke-Smith, the Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "I haven't asked him that specific question, but I don't see the connection."

No, nobody with the slightest bit of savvy would.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 19:12 - Jun 7 with 1161 viewsfactual_blue

Clarke-Smith has received media attention for his views on food banks and public provision of free school meals for children from more economically deprived families. He has described food banks as a "political weapon", saying it is "simply not true" that "people can't afford to buy food on a regular basis" and "If you keep saying to people that you're going to give stuff away, then you're going to have an increase I'm afraid." In October 2020, he opposed a Labour Party Opposition Day Motion to extend free school meals over holidays until Easter 2021. Campaigning on the issue of free school meals was led by the footballer Marcus Rashford. Clarke-Smith said: "We need to get back to the idea of taking responsibility. This means less celebrity virtue signalling on Twitter by proxy and more action to tackle the real causes of child poverty."

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 19:21 - Jun 7 with 1133 viewspointofblue

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 18:32 - Jun 7 by jeera

"Asked if Boris Johnson agreed with Mr Clarke-Smith, the Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "I haven't asked him that specific question, but I don't see the connection."

No, nobody with the slightest bit of savvy would.

Though we are talking about Boris Johnson here. I presume an advisor decided to answer that one without even telling him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 19:24 - Jun 7 with 1118 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 19:21 - Jun 7 by pointofblue

Though we are talking about Boris Johnson here. I presume an advisor decided to answer that one without even telling him.

Sorry yes, absolutely.

I didn't think for one moment that had come from Johnson.

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:00 - Jun 7 with 1065 viewsbrogansnose

I'm struggling to comprehend how he can make this analogy. This putz is either incredibly stupid and ignorant or he's wilfully trying to insult Jews whilst having a swipe at BLM.

I hope his dick drops off.
Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:05 - Jun 7 with 1034 viewspointofblue

The response is “how would you propose halting discrimination?” rather than getting bogged down with debates over dance routines on television shows or kneeling before sports events. This is almost what they want - get so fixated on the way the message is being portrayed, and how it should be stopped, that the need itself is completely lost and ignored.

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:07 - Jun 7 with 1027 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:00 - Jun 7 by brogansnose

I'm struggling to comprehend how he can make this analogy. This putz is either incredibly stupid and ignorant or he's wilfully trying to insult Jews whilst having a swipe at BLM.

I hope his dick drops off.

The two don't need to be mutually exclusive....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:08 - Jun 7 with 1025 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:05 - Jun 7 by pointofblue

The response is “how would you propose halting discrimination?” rather than getting bogged down with debates over dance routines on television shows or kneeling before sports events. This is almost what they want - get so fixated on the way the message is being portrayed, and how it should be stopped, that the need itself is completely lost and ignored.

But why do these people find it uncomfortable?

What exactly is it they feel threatened by?

The on the James O'Brien clip came across as fairly typical. He doesn't like it but doesn't know why.

There's a good reason to continue right there in a way.

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:09 - Jun 7 with 1025 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:16 - Jun 7 with 1011 viewspointofblue

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:08 - Jun 7 by jeera

But why do these people find it uncomfortable?

What exactly is it they feel threatened by?

The on the James O'Brien clip came across as fairly typical. He doesn't like it but doesn't know why.

There's a good reason to continue right there in a way.

I agree but for me the way to do it is respond directly to them - how would you stop discrimination? You don't want people to kneel, or choreograph dance routines pointing out the injustice, then how would you stop people being discriminated against because of the colour of their skin, or sexuality, or gender etc.?

The truth is I think many don't want the world to become more equal but attacking the way the message is delivered is an easy way out.

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:19 - Jun 7 with 998 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anti-semitism in the Tory party then.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:19 - Jun 7 with 995 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:19 - Jun 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Anti-semitism in the Tory party then.

In all fairness, they've always been equal opportunities bigots.

If you're not rich, white and male, they'll find reason to hate you.

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:24 - Jun 7 with 983 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:16 - Jun 7 by pointofblue

I agree but for me the way to do it is respond directly to them - how would you stop discrimination? You don't want people to kneel, or choreograph dance routines pointing out the injustice, then how would you stop people being discriminated against because of the colour of their skin, or sexuality, or gender etc.?

The truth is I think many don't want the world to become more equal but attacking the way the message is delivered is an easy way out.

Like with Mick using a Bad Word at a football match, if you are upset by the BLM message then you are the sort of person who deserves to be upset.

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:25 - Jun 7 with 981 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:16 - Jun 7 by pointofblue

The thing is racism is so ingrained that much of the time we don't even recognise it.

That includes some of the culprits.

I think because it's such an ugly word people go straight into this state of deniability because the other option is too horrible to face up to.

It shows when people who mean well say things like, "The taxi driver who took me to the doctors today was black, mind you he was really nice".

You know or whatever; the situation can be tweaked with exactly the same message every time. Mild surprise that the person was 'really nice'. Or the need to say so in the first place and acknowledge it so as not to come across as a bit racist!

I've heard older people in my family and beyond say that stuff loads of times, and you kind of look at them and just wonder why this extra information needs to be qualified each time.

As though people who aren't white but show normal traits are somehow an abnormality.

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:42 - Jun 7 with 948 viewspointofblue

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:25 - Jun 7 by jeera

The thing is racism is so ingrained that much of the time we don't even recognise it.

That includes some of the culprits.

I think because it's such an ugly word people go straight into this state of deniability because the other option is too horrible to face up to.

It shows when people who mean well say things like, "The taxi driver who took me to the doctors today was black, mind you he was really nice".

You know or whatever; the situation can be tweaked with exactly the same message every time. Mild surprise that the person was 'really nice'. Or the need to say so in the first place and acknowledge it so as not to come across as a bit racist!

I've heard older people in my family and beyond say that stuff loads of times, and you kind of look at them and just wonder why this extra information needs to be qualified each time.

As though people who aren't white but show normal traits are somehow an abnormality.

That’s true. I guess the key is to gently point out incidents when they occur in these cases but, as you say, it results in defensiveness rather than acceptance because of the additional overtones.

The key is to tackle institutional racism head on as there will be a positive impact from there. But we currently have a government which revels in divide and rule and, until/unless this changes, the undercurrent will remain and the likes of this MP, Dan Wooton, Nigel Farage and Laurence Fox will continue to make their voices heard for the worse.

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:48 - Jun 7 with 924 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 20:42 - Jun 7 by pointofblue

That’s true. I guess the key is to gently point out incidents when they occur in these cases but, as you say, it results in defensiveness rather than acceptance because of the additional overtones.

The key is to tackle institutional racism head on as there will be a positive impact from there. But we currently have a government which revels in divide and rule and, until/unless this changes, the undercurrent will remain and the likes of this MP, Dan Wooton, Nigel Farage and Laurence Fox will continue to make their voices heard for the worse.

I guess another way would be to say something like "my taxi driver was white and he was alright too".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 21:32 - Jun 7 with 889 viewsClapham_Junction

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 19:12 - Jun 7 by factual_blue

Clarke-Smith has received media attention for his views on food banks and public provision of free school meals for children from more economically deprived families. He has described food banks as a "political weapon", saying it is "simply not true" that "people can't afford to buy food on a regular basis" and "If you keep saying to people that you're going to give stuff away, then you're going to have an increase I'm afraid." In October 2020, he opposed a Labour Party Opposition Day Motion to extend free school meals over holidays until Easter 2021. Campaigning on the issue of free school meals was led by the footballer Marcus Rashford. Clarke-Smith said: "We need to get back to the idea of taking responsibility. This means less celebrity virtue signalling on Twitter by proxy and more action to tackle the real causes of child poverty."

"more action to tackle the real causes of child poverty.

The Conservative Party?
Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 23:02 - Jun 7 with 784 viewsHerbivore

He'll be in the cabinet soon I imagine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 23:13 - Jun 7 with 769 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Hunt has a rival for biggest moron in the Tory party on 19:12 - Jun 7 by factual_blue

That's a long-winded synonym for the word 'c nt'

(Excuse my French for his supporters who are more concerned about a swear word than our leaders not giving a monkey's if children are going hungry).

We live in depressing times, when we should have more than enough resources in this country to make sure kids don't have to go to bed with empty bellies. Politicising poverty to gain votes and own the libs is not a very good look at all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024