Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... 08:29 - Jun 8 with 18965 viewsitfcjoe

....according to the Times today.

Just seems so pointless to carry on as we are, when things are basically unlocked and it no doubt spreading quickly compared to how things change at June 21st.

Just sack off international travel for the year, end the lockdown and get the country vaccinated.

I'm just so bored of it all now, especially when such a vast %age of the population is vaccinated.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 13:01 - Jun 10 with 489 viewshype313

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 11:40 - Jun 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

This is probably the most sensible reply on this thread. I’m venturing out to have dinner with Mrs SSB on Saturday evening. We have been asked to wear masks until we are seated and if we visit the loo. No big deal at all. It will be the first time we have been to eat out since September. Both of us are double dosed and feel quite comfortable about the evening out.
I’m certainly for holding back the final easing of restrictions for a few more weeks at least. Imagine the meltdown in August if we can’t visit PR for the football because of a big spike again.
As you have rightly said, the current situation doesn’t really seem like that much of a hardship and we can go about our business pretty much ok.

I do find that rule of having to wear a mask as you walk in to your table, to then take it off for a few hours before putting it on when you leave a little odd.

I'm sure there's science behind it, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 13:15 - Jun 10 with 449 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 13:01 - Jun 10 by hype313

I do find that rule of having to wear a mask as you walk in to your table, to then take it off for a few hours before putting it on when you leave a little odd.

I see your point. Perhaps sitting in one place with Perspex screens between the tables, as they have where we are going, keeps the risk of infection to a minimum, as opposed to getting up and walking in fairly close proximity to other diners when visiting the loo or to leave would make spreading the virus much easier.
Whatever, I’m looking forward to going out to dinner immensely.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 13:20 - Jun 10 with 428 viewshype313

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 13:15 - Jun 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

I see your point. Perhaps sitting in one place with Perspex screens between the tables, as they have where we are going, keeps the risk of infection to a minimum, as opposed to getting up and walking in fairly close proximity to other diners when visiting the loo or to leave would make spreading the virus much easier.

Good stuff, yeah you're right regarding Perspex screens, but everywhere I have been they haven't had them.

Anyway, enjoy your evening out!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 13:25 - Jun 10 with 411 viewsfooters

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 13:15 - Jun 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

Eating out is one of life's great pleasures... As is having dinner at a restaurant.

Just a shame you have to take the lady, dear chap.

Hope you both enjoy :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 16:23 - Jun 10 with 323 viewsSarge

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 13:01 - Jun 10 by hype313

I don’t think there’s any science behind it at all - probably just bringing it in line with everything else otherwise people would be saying “why do I have to wear one in a ventilated supermarket where I spent very little time in close proximity to anybody but not in a pub where I’m sitting, static, in close proximity to other people who are probably talking quite loudly”

Of course that then falls down because you don’t have to wear one when seated so...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024