Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... 08:29 - Jun 8 with 19093 viewsitfcjoe

....according to the Times today.

Just seems so pointless to carry on as we are, when things are basically unlocked and it no doubt spreading quickly compared to how things change at June 21st.

Just sack off international travel for the year, end the lockdown and get the country vaccinated.

I'm just so bored of it all now, especially when such a vast %age of the population is vaccinated.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:41 - Jun 9 with 1414 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:30 - Jun 9 by StokieBlue

The last graph is about hospital admissions which clearly don't happen if you've tested positive but are asymptomatic.

Deaths lag admissions and admissions lag cases. We won't know the full picture for a few weeks hence the calls for caution and using the data at the appropriate time rather than deciding now based on an arbitrary date.

SB

As you haven't said otherwise I will assume that the graph could be showing what I suggest.
The asymptomatic point was about the general increase in infection totals generated by surge testing in certain areas. There is as observed near zero effect on deaths in the older more vulnerable cohort. Time to live with it imho...if the concern is variants evolving to outwit the vaccine then we may as well retreat to the isolated comfort of our homes now.....for ever!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:49 - Jun 9 with 1387 viewsStokieBlue

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:41 - Jun 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

As you haven't said otherwise I will assume that the graph could be showing what I suggest.
The asymptomatic point was about the general increase in infection totals generated by surge testing in certain areas. There is as observed near zero effect on deaths in the older more vulnerable cohort. Time to live with it imho...if the concern is variants evolving to outwit the vaccine then we may as well retreat to the isolated comfort of our homes now.....for ever!

What?

I clearly said the graphs are showing admissions not cases. The graph even says it's admissions to hospital so it's got nothing at all to do with surge testing or asymptomatic infections.

To be honest, your position has been "live with it" since March 2020. It's younger people who are turning up in hospital at the moment, pretty easy for you to say live with it from your double-dosed protection.

What is the problem is waiting until the 20th or even a few weeks later so that we have more data and then make the decision? The government said it should be data driven if there is a variant so why are people upset about following the roadmap as it was laid out months ago?

Nobody is saying simply extend lockdown, they are saying that the decision should be totally based on the science - how can anyone disagree with that?

SB
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 7:51]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 08:02 - Jun 9 with 1354 viewsHerbivore

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:49 - Jun 9 by StokieBlue

What?

I clearly said the graphs are showing admissions not cases. The graph even says it's admissions to hospital so it's got nothing at all to do with surge testing or asymptomatic infections.

To be honest, your position has been "live with it" since March 2020. It's younger people who are turning up in hospital at the moment, pretty easy for you to say live with it from your double-dosed protection.

What is the problem is waiting until the 20th or even a few weeks later so that we have more data and then make the decision? The government said it should be data driven if there is a variant so why are people upset about following the roadmap as it was laid out months ago?

Nobody is saying simply extend lockdown, they are saying that the decision should be totally based on the science - how can anyone disagree with that?

SB
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 7:51]

It wouldn't really be extending lockdown anyway. Where we are now is not lockdown in any way, shape, or form. In fact we've never had lockdown to the extent it was imposed in many other countries. And now we can go to the pub, shops, cinema, fans are back at sporting events. I never realised TWTD had so many dedicated clubbers desperate to hit the dance floor.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 05:59 - Jun 10 with 1240 viewsblueconscience

Then another two weeks, then another, then another......

Sounds very much last year, 2 weeks to save the NHS, then another, then another......

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 06:31 - Jun 10 with 1222 viewsSwailsey

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 05:59 - Jun 10 by blueconscience

Sounds very much last year, 2 weeks to save the NHS, then another, then another......

What’s your point? We should let it burn?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 06:33 - Jun 10 with 1221 viewsHerbivore

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 05:59 - Jun 10 by blueconscience

Because not being appropriately cautious has worked out so well for us so far.......

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:08 - Jun 10 with 1188 viewsblueconscience

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 06:33 - Jun 10 by Herbivore

Because not being appropriately cautious has worked out so well for us so far.......

All it tells me, is that they don’t have much faith in the vaccines.

Don’t panic, I had mine!!!!
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 7:18]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:09 - Jun 10 with 1185 viewsBABLUE

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 20:08 - Jun 8 by Keaneish

We can keep collecting, cutting and analysing data in perpetuity but at some point, a line needs to be drawn and normality needs to resume. 2-weeks now, another 2-weeks after, when will it end? There is no perfect end point to this which is sad for those catching COVID at this point.

We’ve waited 18-months and done everything asked of us and then some. Our lives have been put on hold and in that time, whether documented or not, I’m sure there have been many very variants and mutations.

I’ve got plans during the next two-weeks and those plans are happening.

You are Paz 26 and I claim £5
Login to get fewer ads

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:11 - Jun 10 with 1176 views26_Paz

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:09 - Jun 10 by BABLUE

You are Paz 26 and I claim £5

There’s only one Paz man mate!

The Paz Man

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:17 - Jun 10 with 1165 viewsBABLUE

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:08 - Jun 10 by blueconscience

All it tells me, is that they don’t have much faith in the vaccines.

Don’t panic, I had mine!!!!
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 7:18]

The opposite is true, but you need to have had both and it is 2 weeks after the 2nd dose that you have maximum immunity.

Look at the data, a 2 or 4 week delay is going to allow millions more people to be vaccinated and hopefully the surge in cases will fall away.

Cases are surging because the variant is more transmissible and we are meeting up more following the last easing of restrictions.

You can go to the pub and meet people outdoors, go to the cinema and even to the footy again.

Get a grip man ffs
End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:19 - Jun 10 with 1151 viewsblueconscience

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:17 - Jun 10 by BABLUE

The opposite is true, but you need to have had both and it is 2 weeks after the 2nd dose that you have maximum immunity.

Look at the data, a 2 or 4 week delay is going to allow millions more people to be vaccinated and hopefully the surge in cases will fall away.

Cases are surging because the variant is more transmissible and we are meeting up more following the last easing of restrictions.

You can go to the pub and meet people outdoors, go to the cinema and even to the footy again.

Get a grip man ffs

I have a grip, thanks.

If they are basing on the majority having a second jab, they shouldn’t have set June as the target date to end .
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 7:20]

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:20 - Jun 10 with 1148 viewsfooters

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 08:02 - Jun 9 by Herbivore

It wouldn't really be extending lockdown anyway. Where we are now is not lockdown in any way, shape, or form. In fact we've never had lockdown to the extent it was imposed in many other countries. And now we can go to the pub, shops, cinema, fans are back at sporting events. I never realised TWTD had so many dedicated clubbers desperate to hit the dance floor.

This is it.

What do people want to do now they can basically do anything they like?

And I'm assuming that many of those correspondents have also been lucky enough to be living in leafy rural Suffolk during lockdownwhile some of us have been living in a sardine tin throughout without a peep of complaint.

But yeah yeah, you tell us all why putting up blackout curtains must stop and how it won't make any difference to the situation.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:23 - Jun 10 with 1136 viewsblueconscience

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:20 - Jun 10 by footers

This is it.

And I'm assuming that many of those correspondents have also been lucky enough to be living in leafy rural Suffolk during lockdownwhile some of us have been living in a sardine tin throughout without a peep of complaint.

But yeah yeah, you tell us all why putting up blackout curtains must stop and how it won't make any difference to the situation.

breathing fresh air all the time would be a nice thing to be allowed to do again.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 7:24]

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:25 - Jun 10 with 1137 viewsBABLUE

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:19 - Jun 10 by blueconscience

I have a grip, thanks.

If they are basing on the majority having a second jab, they shouldn’t have set June as the target date to end .
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 7:20]

They are incompetent chancers, have you not worked that out yet?
End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:26 - Jun 10 with 1135 viewsBABLUE

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:23 - Jun 10 by blueconscience

breathing fresh air all the time would be a nice thing to be allowed to do again.

Err, you can do that now
End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:28 - Jun 10 with 1128 viewsfooters

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:23 - Jun 10 by blueconscience

As far as I'm aware, you've never been able not to do that. But well done for flouncing about very minor restrictions.

#SpiritoftheBlitz #JustBoomerLogic

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:28 - Jun 10 with 1127 views26_Paz

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:20 - Jun 10 by footers

This is it.

From a purely personal perspective I’ve already lost my euro 2020 ticket … I’ve got tickets to a 20/20 and the July 1st ODI that will likely go if the 21st is extended.
I’m not suggesting these are reasons not to extend, that will of course depend on the data, all I’m saying is there are millions of people in similar situations, with stuff booked that will get cancelled. We have to open up at some point, there’ll be an element of risk whenever it’s done. The flip side is, yes, I know we need to know a bit more about the Indian variant.
In summary I can see the arguments for and against and I’m glad it’s for better men than me to decide!

The Paz Man

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:30 - Jun 10 with 1116 viewsfooters

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:28 - Jun 10 by 26_Paz

From a purely personal perspective I’ve already lost my euro 2020 ticket … I’ve got tickets to a 20/20 and the July 1st ODI that will likely go if the 21st is extended.
I’m not suggesting these are reasons not to extend, that will of course depend on the data, all I’m saying is there are millions of people in similar situations, with stuff booked that will get cancelled. We have to open up at some point, there’ll be an element of risk whenever it’s done. The flip side is, yes, I know we need to know a bit more about the Indian variant.
In summary I can see the arguments for and against and I’m glad it’s for better men than me to decide!

Oh no, what a shame.

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:32 - Jun 10 with 1104 views26_Paz

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:30 - Jun 10 by footers

Oh no, what a shame.

Just read the whole post rather than just the first couple of lines please mate
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 7:33]

The Paz Man

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:34 - Jun 10 with 1101 viewsBABLUE

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:28 - Jun 10 by 26_Paz

Christ on a bike, how appalling a human being are you if you are worse than Boris, Gove, Patel and Hancock!!!
End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:35 - Jun 10 with 1091 viewsblueconscience

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:26 - Jun 10 by BABLUE

Err, you can do that now

I need to live where you are, as the shops here would never let me in without a mask!!!

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:38 - Jun 10 with 1084 viewsfooters

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:32 - Jun 10 by 26_Paz

Just read the whole post rather than just the first couple of lines please mate
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 7:33]

I did.

And considering you've been calling for an end to restrictions basically since it started, it really doesn't make that much of a difference from my point of view. You've been consistently irresponsible, callous and selfish throughout the pandemic - and now it's your cricket tickets that are bothering you. Yawn.

Edit: lowhouse upvoting the Paz man... Lol.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 7:39]

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:40 - Jun 10 with 1082 viewsBABLUE

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:35 - Jun 10 by blueconscience

I need to live where you are, as the shops here would never let me in without a mask!!!

Not a lot of fresh air in a shop is there?

It’s hardly a great imposition is it?

With a bit of luck it’s only for a few more weeks, unless there are new variants which are not covered by the vaccine, which is possible.

You only need a mask in a pub to go to your table or to go to the loo
End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:43 - Jun 10 with 1065 views26_Paz

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:34 - Jun 10 by BABLUE

Christ on a bike, how appalling a human being are you if you are worse than Boris, Gove, Patel and Hancock!!!

Up voted as decent bit of banter

The Paz Man

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 08:00 - Jun 10 with 1041 viewsStokieBlue

End of lockdown being pushed back 2 weeks... on 07:35 - Jun 10 by blueconscience

How does wearing a mask not make the air fresh?

Why is it a chore to wear a mask for the few minutes you're in a shop?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024