Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Wickham 20:51 - Jun 8 with 5256 viewsbob12

Wickham has been released by Palace... would you take him?
Connor Wickham on 08:33 - Jun 9 with 830 viewsTractorCam

His future lies in the A League

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Connor Wickham on 08:34 - Jun 9 with 828 viewsPhilTWTD

Connor Wickham on 08:13 - Jun 9 by Bluefish

This board forever bangs out paynas you play deals. Please can you name one footballer in the past 5 maybe even 10 years that has been on a pay as you play deal?

It probably isn't even legal

Kieron was at Boro. If he played he earned his wage, if he didn't he earned very little by footballer standards.
Connor Wickham on 09:54 - Jun 9 with 732 viewsOldboy

Would rather we found the new and younger Connor Wickham.
Connor Wickham on 09:55 - Jun 9 with 725 viewsBluefish

Connor Wickham on 08:34 - Jun 9 by PhilTWTD

Kieron was at Boro. If he played he earned his wage, if he didn't he earned very little by footballer standards.

What year was that though? It used to be a thing and all footballers have it still to a degree with appearance bonuses but the thought that a footballer could or would sign for nothing and pay per match is fantasy.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I think it's mainly been his knee..... on 09:57 - Jun 9 with 724 viewsBloots

Connor Wickham on 08:28 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

Be very interested to see where he ends up, if he could get fit would be a top Championship striker, let alone in League 1

Someone will likely take a risk on him, I'd be all up for us doing so assuming we aren't hamstrung elsewhere if we do.

....and thigh keeping him out, not his hamstrung.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

I think it's mainly been his knee..... on 10:26 - Jun 9 with 677 viewshype313

I think it's mainly been his knee..... on 09:57 - Jun 9 by Bloots

....and thigh keeping him out, not his hamstrung.

"Poundland Hoppy, you're just a poundland Hoppy, poundland Hooooooppy"

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Connor Wickham on 10:40 - Jun 9 with 628 viewsC_Jam_Blue

No I don't think we should consider signing him. Paul Cook likes to work with a small, close-knit squad, no room for another injury prone striker, especially one that would be a top earner at the club.
Connor Wickham on 10:48 - Jun 9 with 612 viewsPhilTWTD

Connor Wickham on 09:55 - Jun 9 by Bluefish

What year was that though? It used to be a thing and all footballers have it still to a degree with appearance bonuses but the thought that a footballer could or would sign for nothing and pay per match is fantasy.

Not sure anyone's suggesting someone signing for nothing. I've heard of other people in similar positions where their fitness is in question where their wage has a greater relation to them playing games than is usually the case.
Login to get fewer ads

Connor Wickham on 10:51 - Jun 9 with 597 viewshype313

Connor Wickham on 10:48 - Jun 9 by PhilTWTD

Not sure anyone's suggesting someone signing for nothing. I've heard of other people in similar positions where their fitness is in question where their wage has a greater relation to them playing games than is usually the case.

Believe Jack Wilshere was due to be on a pay as you play at Bournemouth, but they settled on a heavily reduced weekly wage.

So they do exist in some capacity.

I would have thought any contract Emyr Huws gets will be caveated initially by a pay as you play.

Connor Wickham on 11:02 - Jun 9 with 574 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Connor Wickham on 10:48 - Jun 9 by PhilTWTD

Going back a bit here but weren’t the likes of Collison and Steven Taylor here on a similar basis?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Connor Wickham on 11:03 - Jun 9 with 574 viewsPhilTWTD

Connor Wickham on 10:51 - Jun 9 by hype313

Believe Jack Wilshere was due to be on a pay as you play at Bournemouth, but they settled on a heavily reduced weekly wage.

So they do exist in some capacity.

I would have thought any contract Emyr Huws gets will be caveated initially by a pay as you play.

I reckon you're right re Emyr.
Connor Wickham on 11:06 - Jun 9 with 555 viewshype313

Connor Wickham on 11:03 - Jun 9 by PhilTWTD

I reckon you're right re Emyr.

To be fair he'll probably end up in the States, and you and me could probably handle a season down the flanks.

Connor Wickham on 11:49 - Jun 9 with 489 viewsBluearmy71

As a lot of others have said there are factors to this, willingness, wages , fitness but ultimately in an ideal world yes in a heartbeat!!
Connor Wickham on 11:53 - Jun 9 with 481 viewsDecageBruce

Connor Wickham on 08:13 - Jun 9 by Bluefish

This board forever bangs out paynas you play deals. Please can you name one footballer in the past 5 maybe even 10 years that has been on a pay as you play deal?

It probably isn't even legal

I believe Andy Carroll was on a Pay as you Play deal.

All relative of coarse but was something like £20k basic, extra £75k for every start and £20k as a Sub appearance.

I can understand the logic in these kinds of deals where players don't have great injury records as it reduces the financial risk for the club while incentivising the player to get/stay fit.

Having said that I would rather we focus our funds on players where the 'known' injury risk in lower than a player like CW
Connor Wickham on 11:55 - Jun 9 with 474 viewsclive_baker

His knee is fooked.

I would imagine a Championship club would take a punt on him on a deal that's heavily weighted on appearance fees on top of a relatively modest basic. I can see him at a Reading or a Birmingham, someone unfashionable like that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024