Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Air Force One 09:24 - Jun 9 with 3286 viewsclive_baker

What time am I looking out for Biden flying overhead then?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Air Force One on 11:41 - Jun 9 with 3179 viewsfloridaboy

Just wait for the noise of the fighter jets flying overhead!
Air Force One on 11:48 - Jun 9 with 3152 viewsElderGrizzly

He is coming in late afternoon/early evening into Mildenhall to greet US troops, then flying down to Cornwall.

Not the usual Stansted operation this time
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 11:49]
Air Force One on 11:50 - Jun 9 with 3136 viewsclive_baker

Air Force One on 11:48 - Jun 9 by ElderGrizzly

He is coming in late afternoon/early evening into Mildenhall to greet US troops, then flying down to Cornwall.

Not the usual Stansted operation this time
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 11:49]

Not even sure what route one would take to Mildenhall, and I'm not very close to that area tbh, just heard he was due in Suffolk today so wondered.

Thought he was off to see Johnson in London after and then the Queen at Windsor Castle tomorrow?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 11:55]

Air Force One on 12:37 - Jun 9 with 3045 viewsitfcjoe

Between 6.30pm and 8.30pm

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Air Force One on 13:00 - Jun 9 with 2995 viewsElderGrizzly

Air Force One on 11:50 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

Not even sure what route one would take to Mildenhall, and I'm not very close to that area tbh, just heard he was due in Suffolk today so wondered.

Thought he was off to see Johnson in London after and then the Queen at Windsor Castle tomorrow?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 11:55]

Mildenhall today, overnight in Cornwall, then back up to London tomorrow.

Normal flightpath into Mildenhall takes them right over Ely Cathedral (where I am), but AF1 doesn't follow 'normal' flightpaths for obvious reasons.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 13:01]
Air Force One on 13:04 - Jun 9 with 2965 viewsRyorry

Wonder if there's any chance of him coming in on a curve over North Yorkshire so I can spray a "thank you" message out in 10m wide letters with ref's spray!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Air Force One on 13:13 - Jun 9 with 2940 viewsclive_baker

Air Force One on 13:04 - Jun 9 by Ryorry

Wonder if there's any chance of him coming in on a curve over North Yorkshire so I can spray a "thank you" message out in 10m wide letters with ref's spray!

Maybe a crop circle of a massive cock & balls with Donald Trump's face on?

Air Force One on 13:18 - Jun 9 with 2924 viewsRyorry

Air Force One on 13:13 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

Maybe a crop circle of a massive cock & balls with Donald Trump's face on?

Not enough time for a crop circle, but great idea for an image!

Login to get fewer ads

Air Force One on 13:31 - Jun 9 with 2897 viewsgiant_stow

I'll never forget a few years back when Obama came to London. I was staying at my Mum's flat, which has a big balcony overlooking the north London skyline. I swaer I thought we were under attack - a proper fleet of the helicopters and those scary looking half helicopter / half plane things flying low in formation - must have been 10 or more... was genuinely terrified for a moment!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Air Force One on 13:52 - Jun 9 with 2838 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Air Force One on 13:00 - Jun 9 by ElderGrizzly

Mildenhall today, overnight in Cornwall, then back up to London tomorrow.

Normal flightpath into Mildenhall takes them right over Ely Cathedral (where I am), but AF1 doesn't follow 'normal' flightpaths for obvious reasons.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 13:01]

Would think the skies will be full of those rather natty aircraft with the propellers, that spin them over to turn into a Helicopter later on.

I got a good vantage point here being not far from the approach.
Air Force One on 21:41 - Jun 9 with 2590 viewsHARRY10

Always take a step ladder with you

it's remarkable how much closer to any plane flying over you can get

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/air-force-one-raf-mildenhall-plane-spotters-8041180
Air Force One on 22:04 - Jun 9 with 2555 viewsElderGrizzly

Air Force One on 13:52 - Jun 9 by BlueBlueBluex2

Would think the skies will be full of those rather natty aircraft with the propellers, that spin them over to turn into a Helicopter later on.

I got a good vantage point here being not far from the approach.

He just flew right over the house on the way to Cornwall

Can track him here

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=adfdf8
Air Force One on 22:06 - Jun 9 with 2545 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes, I suppose he's coming isn't he. It's been nice not to have a media circus about the visit,so I hadn't really registered the visit. Such a pleasant change compared to the tvvat who held office before.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Air Force One on 22:11 - Jun 9 with 2521 viewsTrequartista

Air Force One on 22:04 - Jun 9 by ElderGrizzly

He just flew right over the house on the way to Cornwall

Can track him here

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=adfdf8

He's flying across a relatively small island to discuss, amongst other things, climate change.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Air Force One on 22:15 - Jun 9 with 2512 viewsHARRY10

Air Force One on 22:11 - Jun 9 by Trequartista

He's flying across a relatively small island to discuss, amongst other things, climate change.

How odd

Relief workers in famine areas get fed as well
Air Force One on 22:29 - Jun 9 with 2471 viewsThe_Major

Just looked at that tracker site. He's taking the scenic route to say the least. You'd think he'd go Milton Keynes-Oxford-Exeter from Mildenhall, but they've gone Corby-Nottingham-Rochdale before turning directly south. He's somewhere near Wrexham at the moment.

I suppose it could be security reasons, or just avoid all the traffic near Heathrow, or perhaps they just thought they were going home, and got to Rochdale before they realised.
Air Force One on 22:38 - Jun 9 with 2456 viewsHARRY10

Air Force One on 22:29 - Jun 9 by The_Major

Just looked at that tracker site. He's taking the scenic route to say the least. You'd think he'd go Milton Keynes-Oxford-Exeter from Mildenhall, but they've gone Corby-Nottingham-Rochdale before turning directly south. He's somewhere near Wrexham at the moment.

I suppose it could be security reasons, or just avoid all the traffic near Heathrow, or perhaps they just thought they were going home, and got to Rochdale before they realised.

Not much security if anyone can see it, as your comment

I expect it is most likely just fitting in with commercial flight paths
Air Force One on 22:47 - Jun 9 with 2439 viewsThe_Major

Air Force One on 22:38 - Jun 9 by HARRY10

Not much security if anyone can see it, as your comment

I expect it is most likely just fitting in with commercial flight paths

Think I might have worked it out. There's another USAF plane currently within touching distance of RAF Culdrose in Cornwall. That appears to have flown the more expected route from Mildenhall.

I'll wager that's the plane with The Beast and all the other road vehicles in. Hence AF1 has taken the long way round (currently over Exmoor) to give them to time to unload them so they're waiting for the Prez when he gets there.

Either that or he wanted to fly over Emmerdale.
Air Force One on 23:13 - Jun 9 with 2410 viewsRyorry

Air Force One on 22:47 - Jun 9 by The_Major

Think I might have worked it out. There's another USAF plane currently within touching distance of RAF Culdrose in Cornwall. That appears to have flown the more expected route from Mildenhall.

I'll wager that's the plane with The Beast and all the other road vehicles in. Hence AF1 has taken the long way round (currently over Exmoor) to give them to time to unload them so they're waiting for the Prez when he gets there.

He's swerved Yorkshire altogether - obviously not quite as enlightened a human being as I'd thought him.

Air Force One on 09:12 - Jun 10 with 2253 viewsElderGrizzly

Air Force One on 22:47 - Jun 9 by The_Major

It’s exactly that.

SAM46 as it’s known goes ahead and as the 747 flies faster it took a longer route to allow the 757 to get on the ground.

They always want the President in the air rather than waiting on the ground.

The ‘Doomsday plane’ was also in the air with them, heading into Mildenhall
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024