Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby in for Crooks 08:18 - Jun 12 with 2879 viewshype313

Sounds like, from what the Millers Manager said that he wants to stay in the Championship, would be a shame to miss out on him as he would have been a great signing.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Derby in for Crooks on 08:48 - Jun 12 with 2662 viewsbilllm

Derby are a stupid club, they will chuck whatever money it takes, wages wise we can't compete with their stupidity, shame he's the one player we need and I wanted,
Derby in for Crooks on 09:02 - Jun 12 with 2525 viewsITFCBlues

Not sure I believe that. They've got an owner that's desperate to sell. Last thing he'd be doing is investing good money onto players

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Derby in for Crooks on 09:03 - Jun 12 with 2534 viewsITFC_Jenx

It will be about selling the vision and ITFC project. Derby have the Championship but so much uncertainty over everything else.
Derby in for Crooks on 09:04 - Jun 12 with 2526 viewsKieran_Knows

They haven’t got a pot to p*as in, have they?

Which is probably why they’ll end up getting him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Derby in for Crooks on 09:33 - Jun 12 with 2322 viewstractordownsouth

Yeah I can't see us getting Crooks...

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Derby in for Crooks on 10:03 - Jun 12 with 2170 viewspointofblue

Sorry, completely missed this thread! I thought they were financially screwed, though?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Derby in for Crooks on 10:35 - Jun 12 with 2021 viewsipswichtillidie

Derby in for Crooks on 10:03 - Jun 12 by pointofblue

Sorry, completely missed this thread! I thought they were financially screwed, though?

Rotherham would also be unlikely to want to sell to a rival. This one will be tough to get over the line. Wouldn’t surprise me if we did it but as the Luton lad showed some of these players won’t want to drop down a level regardless of monies on offer.

Gav

Derby in for Crooks on 10:39 - Jun 12 with 1999 viewsMrTown

Think it will be more than just Derby looking at him.

It’s a good thing that we are looking at this calibre of player.

They are great coups if they come off, but as I said with the Bradley deal, we will get stung more than once by players ultimately remaining in the Championship when we thought they were coming in here.

Part and parcel of being a League 1 club right now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Derby in for Crooks on 10:40 - Jun 12 with 1996 views_itfczac

Why would he go to Derby? Only thing they have over us is the championship, but off the pitch they're in such a mess, whilst Rotherham wouldn't want to sell one of their star assets to a league rival, I'd have thought Crooks would want to hold out for more financially stable clubs than Derby
Derby in for Crooks on 11:00 - Jun 12 with 1934 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Derby in for Crooks on 10:40 - Jun 12 by _itfczac

Why would he go to Derby? Only thing they have over us is the championship, but off the pitch they're in such a mess, whilst Rotherham wouldn't want to sell one of their star assets to a league rival, I'd have thought Crooks would want to hold out for more financially stable clubs than Derby

Money. They will offer more.
Rooney. He's a forward minded player. Why wouldn't he want to work with the best English forward of his generation over Francis Jeffers?

And Championship football obvs. If it's Derby v us they will get him.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Derby in for Crooks on 11:42 - Jun 12 with 1793 viewsGiroJim

We may as well forget him then. Best we hurry up and get some players in. We only have 2 so far. Not much for all Cooks mates to train. Anyone coming back wont be interested after they were told to go, why should they ?!
Derby in for Crooks on 12:18 - Jun 12 with 1719 viewsgtsb1966

Derby in for Crooks on 11:42 - Jun 12 by GiroJim

We may as well forget him then. Best we hurry up and get some players in. We only have 2 so far. Not much for all Cooks mates to train. Anyone coming back wont be interested after they were told to go, why should they ?!

I'm only guessing but i can see a few ins and outs next week. Can see it being a busy week.
Derby in for Crooks on 12:53 - Jun 12 with 1622 viewsjaykay

yep. we got more new posters than the town have got new players in the last month

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Derby in for Crooks on 12:58 - Jun 12 with 1605 viewstractorboy1978

Derby in for Crooks on 11:00 - Jun 12 by OriginalMarkyP

Money. They will offer more.
Rooney. He's a forward minded player. Why wouldn't he want to work with the best English forward of his generation over Francis Jeffers?

And Championship football obvs. If it's Derby v us they will get him.

Although money is irrelevant if you aren't being paid it. They are very close to being an absolute basket case.
Derby in for Crooks on 13:05 - Jun 12 with 1563 viewsmarcus1642

Derby in for Crooks on 12:18 - Jun 12 by gtsb1966

I'm only guessing but i can see a few ins and outs next week. Can see it being a busy week.

Agreed. Busy old week coming up. We really do need to sort the defence out. Two CBs needed and the clock is ticking.

No pressure then Mr.Ashton.
Derby in for Crooks on 13:24 - Jun 12 with 1510 viewsITFC_Jenx

Derby in for Crooks on 13:05 - Jun 12 by marcus1642

Agreed. Busy old week coming up. We really do need to sort the defence out. Two CBs needed and the clock is ticking.

No pressure then Mr.Ashton.

I thought there would be more in last week. If last week was doing the hard yards to get them in this week then that's fine by me. Still think we need.
GK
CB x2
LB
CDM
CAM
LW
RW
ST
Probably 2 strikers and 2 goalkeepers.
Still a lot to get in.
Derby in for Crooks on 13:30 - Jun 12 with 1472 viewssaffers12

Derby in for Crooks on 13:24 - Jun 12 by ITFC_Jenx

I thought there would be more in last week. If last week was doing the hard yards to get them in this week then that's fine by me. Still think we need.
GK
CB x2
LB
CDM
CAM
LW
RW
ST
Probably 2 strikers and 2 goalkeepers.
Still a lot to get in.

That is exactly the list I had
Derby in for Crooks on 14:08 - Jun 12 with 1350 viewsITFC_Jenx

Derby in for Crooks on 13:30 - Jun 12 by saffers12

That is exactly the list I had

Great minds an all that. Would probably want another attacking midfielder who could play across all the front 3.
Derby in for Crooks on 15:04 - Jun 12 with 1219 viewsChurchman

The ‘Cook’s mates’ line: nearly all managers bring in their own people; people they can work with. McCarthy did, so did Burley and Joe Royle. Why would you not? How many can you think of don’t do that?

As for people coming back to the club not being interested, or players wanting to go to other clubs, give me a reason why you would want any player here that didn’t want to be here? If players want a career in football, they will fall in or hope Colchester take an interest or be looking for a job outside the game, because if you down tools at an established mid table League One club, you ain’t got too much further to fall before non-league beckons.

Or is your point all about hating Cook, using everything to put the boot in and hoping he fails? Just interested, given the tone of the posts you’ve made to date.
Derby in for Crooks on 15:06 - Jun 12 with 1218 viewsrunaround

Story online says Derby can sign players only if no transfer fee is involved so unless Rotherham are giving him away they are out of the running

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-embargo-d
Derby in for Crooks on 15:15 - Jun 12 with 1146 viewsPhilTWTD

Derby in for Crooks on 15:06 - Jun 12 by runaround

Story online says Derby can sign players only if no transfer fee is involved so unless Rotherham are giving him away they are out of the running

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-embargo-d

Hadn't realised that. Will add to the story. Seems unlikely they're going to be in for him as it stands.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024