Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youngster Liam Gibbs 06:41 - Jun 13 with 8525 viewsUpthetown1970

I have been informed that Aston Villa, Brighton, Norwich and Rangers are interested in Gibbs. I fear we could lose this very talented youngster as I believe his contract expires at the end of the month.
Youngster Liam Gibbs on 07:27 - Jun 13 with 6735 viewsOldboy

You have been informed? If the lad wants a move, he should be allowed to move. Nothing much Cook can do other than talk to him and see where he wants to be. We can't just offer up contracts because someone was informed.
Youngster Liam Gibbs on 07:39 - Jun 13 with 6664 viewsDanTheMan

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 07:27 - Jun 13 by Oldboy

You have been informed? If the lad wants a move, he should be allowed to move. Nothing much Cook can do other than talk to him and see where he wants to be. We can't just offer up contracts because someone was informed.

Gibbs Already on Premier League Radar as Town Offer New Deal 13th Jan 2021 16:24
TWTD understands the Blues have offered midfielder Liam Gibbs a new contract with the youngster having already been noticed by Premier League clubs. 27

Already been offered

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 08:40 - Jun 13 with 6295 viewsChrisd

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 07:39 - Jun 13 by DanTheMan

Gibbs Already on Premier League Radar as Town Offer New Deal 13th Jan 2021 16:24
TWTD understands the Blues have offered midfielder Liam Gibbs a new contract with the youngster having already been noticed by Premier League clubs. 27

Already been offered

Exactly, the club have offered Gibbs a contract. If he can get better elsewhere and at a club he feels he can progress with, then fair enough but that's football.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 08:53 - Jun 13 with 6185 viewsjayessess

We'd be owed a transfer fee/tribunal compensation if that happened, I believe?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 08:58 - Jun 13 with 6139 viewsArnieM

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 07:39 - Jun 13 by DanTheMan

Already been offered

Well he clearly hasn’t taken up that offer ( article was dated Jan)…..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 09:06 - Jun 13 with 6083 viewsDanTheMan

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 08:58 - Jun 13 by ArnieM

Well he clearly hasn’t taken up that offer ( article was dated Jan)…..

I am aware, I was just offering the link as it sounded like they weren't aware an offer had been on the table for some time.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 09:30 - Jun 13 with 5937 viewsBasuco

To quote Joe, some players are just too good to for us to keep, maybe he should speak with Charlie Brown, who made a lot of money but does not appear to have progressed as a player, but that may be harsh and quite possibly wrong.
Youngster Liam Gibbs on 09:51 - Jun 13 with 5829 viewsDinDjarin

Knowing someone involved heavily in the academy this is one we must keep.

Mate says he is the real deal.
Login to get fewer ads

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 09:56 - Jun 13 with 5788 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 09:51 - Jun 13 by DinDjarin

Knowing someone involved heavily in the academy this is one we must keep.

Mate says he is the real deal.

As were Dean Bowditch and Charlie Brown and Alan Lee said Jack Lankester was the best he has worked with.

At the end of the day the club receives compensation and there cannot be restraint of the player's opportunities. However, the club should consider how best to sell the project to these youngsters as well as to new signings. Ultimately, though, money is likely to talk. Very few players, no matter how highly rated, actually make it and if there is money on offer right now who can blame them for taking it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 10:08 - Jun 13 with 5741 viewsjayessess

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 09:30 - Jun 13 by Basuco

To quote Joe, some players are just too good to for us to keep, maybe he should speak with Charlie Brown, who made a lot of money but does not appear to have progressed as a player, but that may be harsh and quite possibly wrong.

Charlie would tell him, "well, I got paid well for the last 5 years and I've ended up at the same level as Ipswich anyway, so..."

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 11:35 - Jun 13 with 5451 viewsJamestownPrince

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 09:56 - Jun 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

As were Dean Bowditch and Charlie Brown and Alan Lee said Jack Lankester was the best he has worked with.

At the end of the day the club receives compensation and there cannot be restraint of the player's opportunities. However, the club should consider how best to sell the project to these youngsters as well as to new signings. Ultimately, though, money is likely to talk. Very few players, no matter how highly rated, actually make it and if there is money on offer right now who can blame them for taking it?

If he went to Rangers, would it be less?
Youngster Liam Gibbs on 12:30 - Jun 13 with 5245 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 09:56 - Jun 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Keiron Dyer has a bit to say about this on the excellent podcast with Blue Monday and Phil. He was really clear that we need to do a better job of selling the project to young players.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 12:32 - Jun 13 with 5232 viewsPhilTWTD

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 09:06 - Jun 13 by DanTheMan

I am aware, I was just offering the link as it sounded like they weren't aware an offer had been on the table for some time.

Discussions are ongoing, I think. None of the clubs mentioned are the one I heard were the most interested, incidentally. Which isn't to say they're not interested as well, I know a lot of clubs are keen.
Youngster Liam Gibbs on 12:51 - Jun 13 with 5136 viewsUpthetown1970

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 12:32 - Jun 13 by PhilTWTD

Discussions are ongoing, I think. None of the clubs mentioned are the one I heard were the most interested, incidentally. Which isn't to say they're not interested as well, I know a lot of clubs are keen.

Hes definitely a player we should be fighting to keep. What club had you been told is the front runner. Hope Mr Ashton is speaking with him and his agents
Youngster Liam Gibbs on 12:58 - Jun 13 with 5092 viewsPhilTWTD

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 12:51 - Jun 13 by Upthetown1970

Hes definitely a player we should be fighting to keep. What club had you been told is the front runner. Hope Mr Ashton is speaking with him and his agents

I'll keep that to myself for the moment. I think the expectation is that it'll get done.
Youngster Liam Gibbs on 12:59 - Jun 13 with 5076 viewsSpruceMoose

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 12:58 - Jun 13 by PhilTWTD

I'll keep that to myself for the moment. I think the expectation is that it'll get done.

With us or the other club?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 13:03 - Jun 13 with 5053 viewsPhilTWTD

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 12:59 - Jun 13 by SpruceMoose

With us.
Youngster Liam Gibbs on 13:06 - Jun 13 with 5016 viewsjeera

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 12:59 - Jun 13 by SpruceMoose

This was begging for an irritating Facters' 'yes'.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 13:12 - Jun 13 with 5009 viewsUpthetown1970

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 13:03 - Jun 13 by PhilTWTD

With us.

I really hope so. Everyone I talk to at the club absolutely believe this lad is the best to come through the academy for a long time. I was also told that Liverpool were really impressed with Gibbs when he played against them in the FA youth cup semifinal. Come on Town get this lads contract sorted!
Youngster Liam Gibbs on 13:31 - Jun 13 with 4936 viewsPhilTWTD

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 13:12 - Jun 13 by Upthetown1970

I really hope so. Everyone I talk to at the club absolutely believe this lad is the best to come through the academy for a long time. I was also told that Liverpool were really impressed with Gibbs when he played against them in the FA youth cup semifinal. Come on Town get this lads contract sorted!

Wouldn't surprise me. I thought he was the outstanding player in the Youth Cup games I saw.
Youngster Liam Gibbs on 14:38 - Jun 13 with 4746 viewsKeno

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 13:06 - Jun 13 by jeera

This was begging for an irritating Facters' 'yes'.

Maybe

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 16:54 - Jun 13 with 4533 viewsBlueBoots

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 13:31 - Jun 13 by PhilTWTD

Wouldn't surprise me. I thought he was the outstanding player in the Youth Cup games I saw.

Was impressed by the lad who played at Right Back in the games I saw too - bit of pace, and always looking to get forward and support the attacks...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 17:48 - Jun 13 with 4388 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 11:35 - Jun 13 by JamestownPrince

If he went to Rangers, would it be less?

Villa, Brighton and Norwich would all be very able to pay much more than we could, I am sure. Whether, as he is not included in the wage structure for this league's version of FFP (due to his age as far as I understand it), we could pay him a very good wage and whether we would be willing to are other questions. He would only go to Rangers if it was the best offer I am sure.

It is good to read that Phil is confident he may well sign with us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 18:46 - Jun 13 with 4232 viewsPhilTWTD

Youngster Liam Gibbs on 16:54 - Jun 13 by BlueBoots

Was impressed by the lad who played at Right Back in the games I saw too - bit of pace, and always looking to get forward and support the attacks...

Yes, did well. Edwin Agbaje, if I remember rightly.
Youngster Liam Gibbs on 19:04 - Jun 13 with 4147 viewsChurchman

We are paying for not bothering to go for Category One. All this ‘we fell just short’ is tripe. If we’d wanted it, we’d have invested more than required and made sure. It’s simple, invest or have your best young players removed for peanuts.

If the new owners are serious, this is the first area to put proper money into. If they’re not prepared or financially able to do this, collapse it and stop wasting money on it.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 19:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024