Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I sense a time to be positive. 20:40 - Jun 16 with 2122 viewsEssexBloo

Sonny Bradley - linked but then told we were never interested
Max Power - linked but Phil now saying wasn’t on our radar
Callum Connolly - linked but seems we aren’t interested
Jayden Stockley - linked but suggested he was way down on our list

These are hardly world beaters are they? Maybe we are actually just after better talent who we can be excited about!?
I sense a time to be positive. on 21:04 - Jun 16 with 1928 viewsPinewoodblue

Sergio Ramos is available.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I sense a time to be positive. on 21:17 - Jun 16 with 1801 viewsBlueGoonie

Our supposed lack of interest in Bradley is likely to be him simply playing a straight bat with the media to appease Luton supporters.

Who say's we're not interested in Connelly?

Transfers take time to complete with numerous moving parts even free agents, so those who are expecting us to have shipped in 6-8 by now would do well to revise their expectations. Patience is required at this early stage in the window, although that seems to be in short supply in some areas.

I'll buy into your theory that we're shopping in a higher market, and hope that it's not the hope that kills me.
I sense a time to be positive. on 21:27 - Jun 16 with 1700 viewsMullet

If we are getting excited about talent then we should all be lamenting the moving on of Dozzell and Nydam, if we are working on hypothetical scenarios then Downes and Woolf too are potentially off.

All we can judge on is what actually happens, and nothing so far suggests we are upgrading the squad significantly in terms of man for man. We are doing something very different and completely rebuilding and rebalancing it.

There's nothing to be positive about in terms of performances and improvements until we see what Cook can do with a summer and a couple of months of football. We've had two managers since Mick let us and the players down massively. Their recruitment and inability to coach and condition players means we are in a really terrible position.

Assuming or pretending we are going to be anywhere near the position we were 3 years ago, simply because we want to and we have new owners is going to be the downfall of this project before it really gets going. It's going to take time and mishaps and we won't really know for nearly a year just how positive to be.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I sense a time to be positive. on 21:39 - Jun 16 with 1553 viewschrismakin

I sense a time to be positive. on 21:27 - Jun 16 by Mullet

If we are getting excited about talent then we should all be lamenting the moving on of Dozzell and Nydam, if we are working on hypothetical scenarios then Downes and Woolf too are potentially off.

All we can judge on is what actually happens, and nothing so far suggests we are upgrading the squad significantly in terms of man for man. We are doing something very different and completely rebuilding and rebalancing it.

There's nothing to be positive about in terms of performances and improvements until we see what Cook can do with a summer and a couple of months of football. We've had two managers since Mick let us and the players down massively. Their recruitment and inability to coach and condition players means we are in a really terrible position.

Assuming or pretending we are going to be anywhere near the position we were 3 years ago, simply because we want to and we have new owners is going to be the downfall of this project before it really gets going. It's going to take time and mishaps and we won't really know for nearly a year just how positive to be.

Just on your last point
"Assuming or pretending we are going to be anywhere near the position we were 3 years ago, simply because we want to and we have new owners is going to be the downfall of this project before it really gets going"

Based on the actual set up of a backroom team across all departments. Would it be safe to say that actually it's already set up better than the club was 3 years ago and can only get stronger

What we also have now compared to then is a recently successful manager at this level recruiting with support of new owners financially, whereby in the past we were shopping in Aldi with a P,E teacher and part time owner negotiating contracts.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I sense a time to be positive. on 21:49 - Jun 16 with 1474 viewsSwansea_Blue

I sense a time to be positive. on 21:39 - Jun 16 by chrismakin

Just on your last point
"Assuming or pretending we are going to be anywhere near the position we were 3 years ago, simply because we want to and we have new owners is going to be the downfall of this project before it really gets going"

Based on the actual set up of a backroom team across all departments. Would it be safe to say that actually it's already set up better than the club was 3 years ago and can only get stronger

What we also have now compared to then is a recently successful manager at this level recruiting with support of new owners financially, whereby in the past we were shopping in Aldi with a P,E teacher and part time owner negotiating contracts.

They've still got to deliver though. As I mentioned earlier, there are an awful lot of people who think we've got this in the bag already, but ambitious takeovers and restarts can also go horribly wrong. The proof is in the eating and all that. Let's just see where we are a few months into the season, as we've already seen that change for change's sake can be damaging under Hurst.

In terms of Mullet's other points I agree we have let a bit of quality out of the door that we can't replace easily and could well let more go. That may work out, it may not.

Don't get me wrong, with the new (actually present) management team I think we're in a stronger place now and the owners' success in America with Phoenix Rising makes a very compelling vision and is persuasive. Yet we still have to translate all that potential and hope into success in L1 under a completely different set of circumstances.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I sense a time to be positive. on 21:56 - Jun 16 with 1398 viewschrismakin

I sense a time to be positive. on 21:49 - Jun 16 by Swansea_Blue

They've still got to deliver though. As I mentioned earlier, there are an awful lot of people who think we've got this in the bag already, but ambitious takeovers and restarts can also go horribly wrong. The proof is in the eating and all that. Let's just see where we are a few months into the season, as we've already seen that change for change's sake can be damaging under Hurst.

In terms of Mullet's other points I agree we have let a bit of quality out of the door that we can't replace easily and could well let more go. That may work out, it may not.

Don't get me wrong, with the new (actually present) management team I think we're in a stronger place now and the owners' success in America with Phoenix Rising makes a very compelling vision and is persuasive. Yet we still have to translate all that potential and hope into success in L1 under a completely different set of circumstances.

Completely agree, don't forget I was one who was very tentative about the takeover when it was on/off/on

For me, there's a certain desperation from some for it to go wrong, hence why on 16th june there's a lot of " nothing is happening" we're doomed etc. rather than just seeing it through and taking it as it comes.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

I sense a time to be positive. on 22:04 - Jun 16 with 1339 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Truth is that if we set our heights too high, we could miss out and be scrabbling around for players who have not already taken up offers. I can see why people are worried about that scenario. However, there is also no point replacing what we are shipping out with the same and the list you have given are not a massive step up on them on paper.

The most important thing is that we get a team together that will play the system and not a disjointed squad of talented individuals.

We need to be a bit patient as to finding out who we will get in.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I sense a time to be positive. on 22:27 - Jun 16 with 1206 viewsIllinoisblue

“Linked” often means twitter simpletons making s5it up, or retweeting nonsense from other simpletons.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

I sense a time to be positive. on 22:30 - Jun 16 with 1179 viewsfooters

I sense a time to be positive. on 22:27 - Jun 16 by Illinoisblue

“Linked” often means twitter simpletons making s5it up, or retweeting nonsense from other simpletons.

Hush, Illy! That's what this place will be for for the next few weeks. Don't wanna upset the divs.

Oh well, regulars move out, Twitteratti IN and TWTD gets the clicks.

If anyone wants me I'll be on my OnlyFans.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I sense a time to be positive. on 23:00 - Jun 16 with 1052 viewschrismakin

I sense a time to be positive. on 22:27 - Jun 16 by Illinoisblue

erm, didn't 3 of those have TWTD Stories written about them as possibles? Max is the only one I never saw on here

I sense a time to be positive. on 23:09 - Jun 16 with 1005 viewsPhilTWTD

We were definitely interested in Bradley and Connolly, just didn't happen.
I sense a time to be positive. on 23:11 - Jun 16 with 988 viewschrismakin

I sense a time to be positive. on 23:09 - Jun 16 by PhilTWTD

We were definitely interested in Bradley and Connolly, just didn't happen.

I think on the Connolly one, if Joe is right to that we couldn't garentee a starting place... we must seriously have some players lined up baring in mind he covers CB, CM, RB

I sense a time to be positive. on 23:12 - Jun 16 with 975 viewsdavblue

I sense a time to be positive. on 21:49 - Jun 16 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t think we will see the real benefits of the new owners until 12 to 18 months even 2 years down the line. Their processes are going to take time to bed in, this isn’t a quick fix, there’s a lot of rot to sort out.

I fear this season is going to be similar to Magilton’s first season with money. Big expectations and a season where we aren’t great and the fan base will turn quickly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024