Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? 21:57 - Jun 19 with 9315 viewsSitfcB

If so how strict were they on the entry time slot?

I’ve got a slot of 18:00-18:30 on Tuesday, bit early to go on innit.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:00 - Jun 19 with 9282 viewsMartus

I went to the Croatia game and got in at 11:30 for the 2pm kick off and so many people didnt follow it. So it's not strict and you could get away with going in later. Not alot happens pre game!

"Bobby conquered Europe!!! And we won the FA cuuuuup!"

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:04 - Jun 19 with 9259 viewsGiant_Midget

The wording from the FA was something along the lines of we strongly advise you to turn up during your allocated slot and then went on to say anyone late will not be turned away.

At the Croatia game I arrived an hour after my slot and will do the same on Tuesday.
Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:08 - Jun 19 with 9231 viewsStokieBlue

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:04 - Jun 19 by Giant_Midget

The wording from the FA was something along the lines of we strongly advise you to turn up during your allocated slot and then went on to say anyone late will not be turned away.

At the Croatia game I arrived an hour after my slot and will do the same on Tuesday.

Doesn't that essentially mean that you are turning up at the same time others have been allocated and thus the distancing and staggering of entry aren't being maintained as per the C19 rules?

Sounds like a sensible thing to do in a pandemic. I mean, heaven forbid you have to sit around for a hour before you get to watch the match, as long as it's convenient to you.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:10 - Jun 19 with 9216 views26_Paz

You’re lucky, I had a ticket for this game and was one of the unlucky ones in the ballot. Enjoy it mate.

The Paz Man

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:11 - Jun 19 with 9214 viewsSitfcB

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:04 - Jun 19 by Giant_Midget

Sounds good!

We probably won’t be aiming to get in much later mind you, probably around 7pm.

COYB

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:12 - Jun 19 with 9204 viewsSitfcB

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:10 - Jun 19 by 26_Paz

You’re lucky, I had a ticket for this game and was one of the unlucky ones in the ballot. Enjoy it mate.

Cheers, yes very lucky, they were the only tickets I got in the original allocation aswell.

At least it’s not a dead rubber now!

COYB

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:14 - Jun 19 with 9192 viewstextbackup

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:08 - Jun 19 by StokieBlue

Doesn't that essentially mean that you are turning up at the same time others have been allocated and thus the distancing and staggering of entry aren't being maintained as per the C19 rules?

Sounds like a sensible thing to do in a pandemic. I mean, heaven forbid you have to sit around for a hour before you get to watch the match, as long as it's convenient to you.

SB

these are football fans, that want the stadiums open for next season, and will moan if they arent.....

but wont follow a simple instruction to get in the ground at given timeslot.

smart arent they

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:15 - Jun 19 with 9187 viewsStokieBlue

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:11 - Jun 19 by SitfcB

Sounds good!

We probably won’t be aiming to get in much later mind you, probably around 7pm.

Nice to see you upvoting people who deliberately break the rules and then confirming you'll do it yourself.

What is the point of having C19 rules if you don't do as they ask? Why are you special and you don't have to follow the rules? That extra beer in the pub really more important?

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:15 - Jun 19 with 9181 viewsStokieBlue

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:14 - Jun 19 by textbackup

these are football fans, that want the stadiums open for next season, and will moan if they arent.....

but wont follow a simple instruction to get in the ground at given timeslot.

smart arent they

It beggars belief.

The total lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

SB

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:21 - Jun 19 with 9141 viewstextbackup

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:15 - Jun 19 by StokieBlue

It beggars belief.

The total lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

SB

and its the reason that the government end up putting these bloody lockdowns and rules in place because you give stupid people the power, and they make stupid decisions

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:28 - Jun 19 with 9121 viewsSarge

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:21 - Jun 19 by textbackup

and its the reason that the government end up putting these bloody lockdowns and rules in place because you give stupid people the power, and they make stupid decisions

I would be shocked if we saw any rise in cases attributed to a handful of people turning up at a turnstile later than they should have, given a requirement for entry is a negative covid test and the number of people actually there at all relative to what a giant stadium has been designed to handle.

Rules are still in place now because the Government can’t get its sh*t together and has allowed the excellent work the vaccine rollout achieved to be held back by lax border control. Still we can blame the people though, it’s immensely popular on here.
Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:31 - Jun 19 with 9089 viewstextbackup

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:28 - Jun 19 by Sarge

I would be shocked if we saw any rise in cases attributed to a handful of people turning up at a turnstile later than they should have, given a requirement for entry is a negative covid test and the number of people actually there at all relative to what a giant stadium has been designed to handle.

Rules are still in place now because the Government can’t get its sh*t together and has allowed the excellent work the vaccine rollout achieved to be held back by lax border control. Still we can blame the people though, it’s immensely popular on here.

im absolutely sure a rise in cases wont be attributed to a handful of people turning up at a turnstile later than they should have...... however, if cases do rise, stadiums wont open in august.

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:35 - Jun 19 with 9057 viewsStokieBlue

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:28 - Jun 19 by Sarge

So we pick and chose the rules we want to follow now?

That'll end up brilliantly.

The protocols and rules have been put in place in order to make it as safe as possible. It might have no effect if everyone turns up at the same time 20 minutes before kick-off and bundles in but it's really not for you or anyone else to make that decision.

They should turn away people who don't turn up at their allotted time, that is what museums are doing for instance.

If someone is lucky enough to have a ticket for the match it's really not a hardship to follow the rules put in place to attend that match.

SB

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:42 - Jun 19 with 9020 viewsSarge

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:35 - Jun 19 by StokieBlue

So we pick and chose the rules we want to follow now?

That'll end up brilliantly.

The protocols and rules have been put in place in order to make it as safe as possible. It might have no effect if everyone turns up at the same time 20 minutes before kick-off and bundles in but it's really not for you or anyone else to make that decision.

They should turn away people who don't turn up at their allotted time, that is what museums are doing for instance.

If someone is lucky enough to have a ticket for the match it's really not a hardship to follow the rules put in place to attend that match.

SB

Did I say that? Don’t think so. Just that it’s probably not worth wringing the hands in worry if a handful of people rock up later than allotted given there have already been checks on them to get that far.
Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:50 - Jun 19 with 8991 viewsStokieBlue

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:42 - Jun 19 by Sarge

Did I say that? Don’t think so. Just that it’s probably not worth wringing the hands in worry if a handful of people rock up later than allotted given there have already been checks on them to get that far.

You don't know it's a handful of people.

It's 100% of the people in this thread and as others have pointed out, it'll be them who will be moaning the loudest if full crowds aren't back next season because people can't follow rules.

I just don't think it's a huge hardship to follow the rules, people trying to game the system to get that extra beer or whatever is quite annoying.

SB

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 23:02 - Jun 19 with 8932 viewsSergio

I went last night. They didn’t check my COVID results or entry time. Don’t worry about getting there too early there was a fantastic atmosphere on the concourse right up until kick off. £6:50 for a warm beer though.
Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 23:09 - Jun 19 with 8905 viewsElderGrizzly

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:50 - Jun 19 by StokieBlue

You don't know it's a handful of people.

It's 100% of the people in this thread and as others have pointed out, it'll be them who will be moaning the loudest if full crowds aren't back next season because people can't follow rules.

I just don't think it's a huge hardship to follow the rules, people trying to game the system to get that extra beer or whatever is quite annoying.

SB

Large gatherings do increase cases of course.

As the G7 just proved in Cornwall with cases up 2450% even in a location where everyone had at least 2 tests

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 23:35 - Jun 19 with 8804 viewsBlueStreak

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 23:02 - Jun 19 by Sergio

I went last night. They didn’t check my COVID results or entry time. Don’t worry about getting there too early there was a fantastic atmosphere on the concourse right up until kick off. £6:50 for a warm beer though.

Same here, our tube line was down so had to get an Uber over which meant we were delayed by half hour and missed our allocation time. However wasn’t a problem at all thankfully. They hardly even looked at my COVID test email which was disappointing given the circumstances. I’m the ground it was a free for all though.
Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 00:05 - Jun 20 with 8735 viewsdavblue

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 22:08 - Jun 19 by StokieBlue

SB

All of this is about following the guidelines, these people who are constantly breaking rules etc will be the first to moan about another lockdown.

I get that going in early isn’t great but it is the right thing to do in the current world
Unfortunately. The world isn’t the same as it was and some adjustments are needed.
Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 09:21 - Jun 20 with 8441 viewsFunge

Turned up at 1915 on Friday, inside stadium within 5 mins. Don't worry about the timescales on the ticket.

It's super easy, super well organised.

Make sure you've had the COVID test and your phone's got loads of juice. Bar service inside very quick (not surprising considering its 1/4 capacity).
Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 09:45 - Jun 20 with 8374 viewsnoggin

Surely the sensible thing to do would be to ring the ticket office, explain that you will struggle to get there by your allotted time, and ask for their advice. Coming on here and asking if others have managed to blag it, seems pretty irresponsible.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Has anyone on here attended the last two games at Wembley? on 10:11 - Jun 20 with 8310 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Not strict at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024