Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky 19:47 - Jun 28 with 2388 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Why are so many people so confident that he's a good signing and going to be an important player for us on the push to the Championship?

He's 30, and his last two clubs were St Mirren, and a League 2 club.

I thought we were going for high League 1/Championship standard players, with more of a proven record at these levels.

What am I missing? Has anyone seen him play and confirm he's that good? Is he notably better than Holy and/or Cornell?

These are genuine questions. I'm not being negative. I want zero down arrows from this post.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 19:47]

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Hladky on 19:48 - Jun 28 with 1853 viewsMerseyBlue

Golden Gloves in League 2 last season, and seems to be pretty handy with penalty saves. People aren't satisfied with Holy so he looks like a decent acquisition. It'd be col if we could get Siegrist as well though.

That's one of many according to the interview.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Hladky on 19:49 - Jun 28 with 1841 viewsjas0999

Great season last year. 22 clean sheets. Will he be the number one though with another keeper a
certain to sign? Great times.
Hladky on 19:51 - Jun 28 with 1797 viewsAsa

When we signed Holy plenty of Gills fans weren’t convinced by him. He’d conceded 73 goals the season before and was seen as a potentially decent League One keeper.

Hladky was interesting Rangers a year ago. Championship clubs were looking at him. He seems to have been one that has massively improved over the last few years. 442 rated him as one of the Top 50 EFL players stating he may be the best keeper in recent times to play in League Two, even when Pope, Pickford and Henderson have all played there of late.

He’s hugely rated and seen to be playing well below where he should be. So appreciate he’s a League Two player and on paper not one to be thrilled about but everyone who has seen him seems amazed he’s not much, much higher.
Hladky on 19:53 - Jun 28 with 1737 viewsOldboy

Who were you expecting, De Gea?
Hladky on 20:02 - Jun 28 with 1614 viewscressi

Hladky on 19:53 - Jun 28 by Oldboy

Who were you expecting, De Gea?

30 great age for a keeper
Hladky on 20:03 - Jun 28 with 1584 viewsgainsboroughblue

30 is hardly ancient. Especially for a keeper.

Kept a clean sheet in half the games he played last season.

This seems a little bit of a negative post for the sake of it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Hladky on 20:04 - Jun 28 with 1581 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Thanks for the sensible replies, I didn't know anything about him other than what was in the news story.

I'll ignore the sarcastic De Gea post as I explained the angle of my post.

-8 so far. I said I wanted zero, but now I'd quite like to see how many I can upset.

Hladky on 20:05 - Jun 28 with 1540 viewsjeera

Hladky on 20:04 - Jun 28 by ThisIsMyUsername

Thanks for the sensible replies, I didn't know anything about him other than what was in the news story.

I'll ignore the sarcastic De Gea post as I explained the angle of my post.

-8 so far. I said I wanted zero, but now I'd quite like to see how many I can upset.

I think you'd have probably been fine had you not put in the request for zero.

It then becomes compulsory according to TWTD folklore.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Hladky on 20:07 - Jun 28 with 1520 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Hladky on 20:03 - Jun 28 by gainsboroughblue

30 and hardly set the world alight. Good performances for a League 2 side. I'm just asking the questions. I genuinely don't know how my post can be construed as overly negative.

Hladky on 20:09 - Jun 28 with 1462 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Hladky on 20:05 - Jun 28 by jeera

Great banter.

I would now like at least -50 by midnight.

Hladky on 20:12 - Jun 28 with 1407 viewsgainsboroughblue

Hladky on 20:07 - Jun 28 by ThisIsMyUsername

30 and hardly set the world alight. Good performances for a League 2 side. I'm just asking the questions. I genuinely don't know how my post can be construed as overly negative.

Fair enough.

After several years, I think I'm now at the stage where I have confidence in the recruitment strategy. Proof is yet to be in the pudding of course but I generally think that the fans of a selling club being upset at a player departure is a good sign.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Hladky on 20:13 - Jun 28 with 1407 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Have an uppie ... not that I agree with you, it's more through pity than anything.
Hladky on 20:13 - Jun 28 with 1407 viewsDubtractor

Hladky on 20:03 - Jun 28 by gainsboroughblue

Oddly enough its not the clean sheets stat that interests me, seeing as Holy also kept loads of clean sheets, its the fact that he had (I think) the highest number of saves in League two.

In Holy's case he kept clean sheets without actually making that many saves due to us being so ultra cautious in our play - it would appear that wasn't the case for Hladky.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hladky on 20:13 - Jun 28 with 1399 viewsKropotkin123

Hladky on 20:05 - Jun 28 by jeera

Yeah, It's taking a lot of will-power not to downvote the OP because of that line.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Hladky on 20:13 - Jun 28 with 1398 viewsAsa

He looks like one that hasn’t really had a chance to shine for a big part of his career and then has just got better and better.

Backup for many years at Liberec before moving and having two exceptional back to back seasons in the SPL and League Two.

Emi Martinez springs to mind. He’s 28 and until a year or so ago was an Arsenal back up keeper that had loans at the likes of Rotherham and Wednesday and the all of a sudden he’s thrown into the Arsenal side, looks great, signs for Villa and is outstanding and now he’s Argentina number one. Two years ago he was on loan at Reading, mid-table Championship until he got a lucky break.

Here’s hoping Hladky is on a similar upward trajectory now he’s established himself as a number one.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 20:27]
Hladky on 20:14 - Jun 28 with 1386 viewshomer_123

Keepers are an oddity though.

30 is nothing, age wise, for a keeper. Keepers can keep getting better well into their mid 30s. So, age is no issue here.

You could do a little investigation into his time at St Mirren (in particular) and Salford. A quick search will find some interesting information:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17901289.st-mirren-goalkeeper-vaclav-hladky

For example, extremely highly rated at St Mirren and his time was very good there. Both Celtic and Rangers showed interest:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6042111/st-mirren-vaclav-hladky-

And finally, highly rated at Salford:

http://www.salfordnow.co.uk/2021/05/25/the-signing-of-the-decade-salford-city-fa

And, of course, this is one keeper, we'll be getting a second.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 20:15]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hladky on 20:17 - Jun 28 with 1327 viewsIllinoisblue

What proven championship keeper should we have signed instead?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hladky on 20:19 - Jun 28 with 1310 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Hladky on 20:19 - Jun 28 with 1306 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Sounding more and more like a potentially quite decent signing.

Hladky on 20:19 - Jun 28 with 1298 viewshomer_123

You've just followed up your OP with: "30 and hardly set the world alight..."

Somewhat difficult to construe anything other than you coming from a negative standpoint at the moment. The questions you are ask are, in themselves, are fine but the way you are positioning them isn't exactly helping your cause here....unless you be fishing for those downvotes.

Hladky on 20:20 - Jun 28 with 1285 viewsjeera

Hladky on 20:13 - Jun 28 by BudapestByBlimp

Have an uppie ... not that I agree with you, it's more through pity than anything.

No, no mercy.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hladky on 20:20 - Jun 28 with 1282 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Hladky on 20:17 - Jun 28 by Illinoisblue

What proven championship keeper should we have signed instead?

I don't know. I'm not in football recruitment. Therefore I accept that PC and his team probably know more than me. But like I say, I was just asking what are objectively sensible questions to ask. I can only ask them here because I don't have the contact numbers for PC or anyone else involved.

Hladky on 20:21 - Jun 28 with 1273 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Hladky on 20:19 - Jun 28 by homer_123

You've just followed up your OP with: "30 and hardly set the world alight..."

Somewhat difficult to construe anything other than you coming from a negative standpoint at the moment. The questions you are ask are, in themselves, are fine but the way you are positioning them isn't exactly helping your cause here....unless you be fishing for those downvotes.

No negativity at all here.

Hladky on 20:23 - Jun 28 with 1245 viewshomer_123

Hladky on 20:21 - Jun 28 by ThisIsMyUsername

No negativity at all here.

Fair dos.

Hladky on 20:23 - Jun 28 with 1221 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hladky on 20:09 - Jun 28 by ThisIsMyUsername

Great banter.

I would now like at least -50 by midnight.

Only just seen this thread and this post has put me in a quandary as to whether I should up or down the OP

So I’ve given you one of each

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024