Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky 19:47 - Jun 28 with 2394 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Why are so many people so confident that he's a good signing and going to be an important player for us on the push to the Championship?

He's 30, and his last two clubs were St Mirren, and a League 2 club.

I thought we were going for high League 1/Championship standard players, with more of a proven record at these levels.

What am I missing? Has anyone seen him play and confirm he's that good? Is he notably better than Holy and/or Cornell?

These are genuine questions. I'm not being negative. I want zero down arrows from this post.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 19:47]

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Hladky on 20:30 - Jun 28 with 473 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Any player we sign is a great signing, and that is beyond doubt.

Until they turn out to be rubbish!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hladky on 20:31 - Jun 28 with 473 viewschrismakin

Hello there. You seem like a poster who would be fun to share discussions with.

So. Firstly I know nothing of this keeper. Never seen him play

However looking back at some news stories about him, Salford getting him last season was a major coup and this even ourselves as he was destined for a championship club next season.

According to some of previous fans hes always been a steady keeper without really getting the plaudits he deserved abroad however moving to Scotland he became a star immediately resulting in english clubs interest.

It is a funny one as based on his recent history you would expect him to be in the spotlight but hes been a keeper who has for some reason has been overlooked by the media and others so there must be some form of negatives in his performance.

We will find out what his short falls are not doubt. However 30 itself is a good age for a keeper and for league 1 alone itll be a great signing and one of those which could become a real coup.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Hladky on 20:39 - Jun 28 with 436 viewsWeWereZombies

Hladky on 19:49 - Jun 28 by jas0999

Great season last year. 22 clean sheets. Will he be the number one though with another keeper a
certain to sign? Great times.

Maybe we will hang on to Holy after all, I mean let's see how the squad rebuilding is going:

No. 1 keeper - Czech
Backup keeper - Czech...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Hladky on 20:43 - Jun 28 with 411 viewsMrTown

Have seen him, albeit a handful of times only. Very very impressed with him.

If you do your due diligence on him you will rapidly see very few speak a bad word about him, staggered he is even in L2, no surprise he is making the step up and only real surprise is he has gone to a lower Champ club. Statistics show his clean sheet record is very impressive, highlights show flashes of his ability - no one can be certain of anything, but I’m very inclined to think he will be a very good goalkeeper for us.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Hladky on 20:44 - Jun 28 with 406 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Hladky on 20:39 - Jun 28 by WeWereZombies

Maybe we will hang on to Holy after all, I mean let's see how the squad rebuilding is going:

No. 1 keeper - Czech
Backup keeper - Czech...

Personally wouldn’t have a problem with Holy as back up.

As for the new chap, I have no idea, as I haven’t seen him play. I take comfort from the fact that, almost without exception, the Salford fans are gutted to lose him, but it remains to be seen whether he can make the step up. Cornell was part of a league 2 promotion winning team and he didn’t cut it here.

Poll: Our final position

Hladky on 20:45 - Jun 28 with 405 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Hladky on 20:31 - Jun 28 by chrismakin

Hello there. You seem like a poster who would be fun to share discussions with.

So. Firstly I know nothing of this keeper. Never seen him play

However looking back at some news stories about him, Salford getting him last season was a major coup and this even ourselves as he was destined for a championship club next season.

According to some of previous fans hes always been a steady keeper without really getting the plaudits he deserved abroad however moving to Scotland he became a star immediately resulting in english clubs interest.

It is a funny one as based on his recent history you would expect him to be in the spotlight but hes been a keeper who has for some reason has been overlooked by the media and others so there must be some form of negatives in his performance.

We will find out what his short falls are not doubt. However 30 itself is a good age for a keeper and for league 1 alone itll be a great signing and one of those which could become a real coup.

Hi Chris. Top full-back.

Agreed - it sounds like he could well be a good signing, and also like he may have some points that he wants to prove to a few people. Like you say, we will see what his strengths and weaknesses are, and whether he's as good in the Championship next season as he'll possibly be in League 1 this season.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Hladky on 20:48 - Jun 28 with 392 viewsHciwspi

Good blub. Some people are just never bloody satisfied.
Hladky on 20:48 - Jun 28 with 392 viewsWeWereZombies

Hladky on 20:44 - Jun 28 by southnorfolkblue

Personally wouldn’t have a problem with Holy as back up.

As for the new chap, I have no idea, as I haven’t seen him play. I take comfort from the fact that, almost without exception, the Salford fans are gutted to lose him, but it remains to be seen whether he can make the step up. Cornell was part of a league 2 promotion winning team and he didn’t cut it here.

Fair and measured comment...but to keep the riff running:

No. 1 keeper - Czech
Backup keeper - Czech
Russian playwright - Chekhov

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Hladky on 20:51 - Jun 28 with 378 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Hladky on 20:48 - Jun 28 by WeWereZombies

No. 1 keeper - Czech
Backup keeper - Czech

You’ve got me there.

Czech mate

Poll: Our final position

Hladky on 21:00 - Jun 28 with 350 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hladky on 20:48 - Jun 28 by WeWereZombies

No. 1 keeper - Czech
Backup keeper - Czech

Isn't it more likely we will sign Petr Cech?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hladky on 21:08 - Jun 28 with 328 viewscrossyitfc

Hladky on 20:04 - Jun 28 by ThisIsMyUsername

Thanks for the sensible replies, I didn't know anything about him other than what was in the news story.

I'll ignore the sarcastic De Gea post as I explained the angle of my post.

-8 so far. I said I wanted zero, but now I'd quite like to see how many I can upset.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
Hladky on 21:31 - Jun 28 with 292 viewsBlueBadger

Let's face it, he's going to have to go some to be worse than Cornell and Holy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024