Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace 08:16 - Jul 18 with 2948 viewstractordownsouth

How is this fair? Millions of people are living in fear of being pinged because it would mean losing hundreds of pounds, yet these guys can swan around No10 doing whatever they like. They aren’t even hiding their contempt for the plebs anymore.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:25 - Jul 18 with 768 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:02 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

It's hardly a randomised trial if Downing Street happened to get on the list given the number of businesses in the country.

The optics are utterly awful and it will cause huge problems. There will be scores of people who will point to the cabinet not isolating regardless of any pilot scheme they may be on. There will be countless more annoyed as they did have to isolate without the option.

The pilot could have been done without high profile public figures in it - in fact it definitely should have been done that way. It could have still contained large organisations without the government being all over the media.

As it stands it will look to many like a way for them to avoid isolating whilst many hundreds of thousands continue to have to.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 10:04]

I like this more for the detail of Whitty and Johnson than anything else as it sums up the pandemic overall.

Throughout Whitty has warned, Johnson has ignored
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:42 - Jul 18 with 744 viewsEastTownBlue

A slight change of plan following the entirely predictable response. Johnson will also be remaining at Chequers.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 10:43]
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:42 - Jul 18 with 745 viewsSitfcB

The trying to save face begins...

#AnotherUturn
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 10:48]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:43 - Jul 18 with 740 viewstractordownsouth

You turn if you want to but the lady’s not f..

Oh bolloks!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:49 - Jul 18 with 715 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:31 - Jul 18 by vapour_trail

No it isn’t.

According to the BBC, there are 20 public and private sector organisations taking part in the pilot, one of which is downing street, so if that’s the case, I’m not sure what the fuss is about here.

Only announced today…

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:52 - Jul 18 with 707 viewsDanTheMan

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:42 - Jul 18 by EastTownBlue

A slight change of plan following the entirely predictable response. Johnson will also be remaining at Chequers.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 10:43]

Predictable but good. Silly of them in the first place

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:59 - Jul 18 with 690 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:52 - Jul 18 by DanTheMan

Predictable but good. Silly of them in the first place

So just the reversal on masks required now then…
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 11:33 - Jul 18 with 647 viewsJDB23

CON 49% (+7)

I wonder how far they can take this parody.
Login to get fewer ads

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 11:34 - Jul 18 with 639 viewsStokieBlue

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 11:33 - Jul 18 by JDB23

CON 49% (+7)

I wonder how far they can take this parody.

It's crazy, the country has lost it mind.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 11:35 - Jul 18 with 635 viewsvapour_trail

Well that u-turned quickly.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 11:36 - Jul 18 with 633 viewsazuremerlangus

The bigger question is why they weren’t they following the Hands Face Space mantra in the first place.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 12:25 - Jul 18 with 565 viewsSeablu

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 11:36 - Jul 18 by azuremerlangus

The bigger question is why they weren’t they following the Hands Face Space mantra in the first place.

By tomorrow it will just be Hands anyway.
Not much of a mantra.
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 12:45 - Jul 18 with 538 viewsCrawfordsboot

I am no apologist for the w****r Johnson and his assorted cronies but the bleating on here strikes me as somewhat dumb.

In a period of real challenge for government do you you really want key individuals locked down as a precaution. It makes total sense to treat them differently. They just need to balls to say so and get on with it.

That’s the principle, though as I say above I still think this shower are a load of w*****s
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 12:50 - Jul 18 with 527 viewsbluelagos

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 12:45 - Jul 18 by Crawfordsboot

I am no apologist for the w****r Johnson and his assorted cronies but the bleating on here strikes me as somewhat dumb.

In a period of real challenge for government do you you really want key individuals locked down as a precaution. It makes total sense to treat them differently. They just need to balls to say so and get on with it.

That’s the principle, though as I say above I still think this shower are a load of w*****s

Two things grate for me.

The hypocracy of "Do as I say not as I do" that comes with one rule for them and one for us.

Secondly, the fact they insult our intelligence by claiming these guys were randomly selected to be part of a trial. By your logic, since when has using the most important ministers as part of a trial been a sensible thing to do?

I actually agree with you that if they were honest about the importance of key people and hence were adopting a strict testing regime to allow them to work more effectively they might have a case.

But that's not what they announced before back tracking.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 12:53]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 13:09 - Jul 18 with 487 viewsCrawfordsboot

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 12:50 - Jul 18 by bluelagos

Two things grate for me.

The hypocracy of "Do as I say not as I do" that comes with one rule for them and one for us.

Secondly, the fact they insult our intelligence by claiming these guys were randomly selected to be part of a trial. By your logic, since when has using the most important ministers as part of a trial been a sensible thing to do?

I actually agree with you that if they were honest about the importance of key people and hence were adopting a strict testing regime to allow them to work more effectively they might have a case.

But that's not what they announced before back tracking.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 12:53]

It appears that they are now doing a U turn and isolating.

:) what a shower they are. You couldn’t make this up.

Where are those people who voted for them now.
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 13:24 - Jul 18 with 457 viewsFoD_Blue

The pilot does exist and details are accessible on the Government website. However today is the first that I, and it seems anybody else has heard of it.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/daily-contact-testing-study

I still don’t think that it was good form for our government to suddenly decide to use this as a loophole to get out of self isolation. I think that the participants were supposed to be chosen at random. It would have been a huge kick in the teeth for all those businesses struggling to operate with staff shortages.
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 13:40 - Jul 18 with 439 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There are two main issues here:

The Government's willingness to make stuff up and lie to avoid following any rules.

The electorate's willingness to accept whatever the Government does and refusal to hold them to account.

Will this actually cost them anything in the opinion polls?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 14:06 - Jul 18 with 398 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 13:40 - Jul 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

There are two main issues here:

The Government's willingness to make stuff up and lie to avoid following any rules.

The electorate's willingness to accept whatever the Government does and refusal to hold them to account.

Will this actually cost them anything in the opinion polls?

It's not just this Government only that doesn't follow the rules.

The worlds 'elite' keeps taking a piss out of society. Most recent G7 meeting for example.

Masks and social distance for the cameras.

No masks, no social distances after the cameras were switched off. Each one of them including the 'angel' Biden.

One rule for the 'elite' , the different one for the society.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024