Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… 07:33 - Jul 26 with 4015 viewsKieran_Knows

[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 7:33]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 07:34 - Jul 26 with 3957 viewssaffers12

Quality!!!!
Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 07:43 - Jul 26 with 3824 viewsBlueySwede

Really great if true.
We do need a few more bodies in (preferably this week), maybe up to four. I expect a few departures as well.
Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 07:52 - Jul 26 with 3710 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Is footy insider the more reliable one that football league world?
Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 07:58 - Jul 26 with 3638 viewsSitfcB

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 07:52 - Jul 26 by abracaDOBRA_

Yes, a lot more reliable.

I’d say FLW isn’t even reliable, it’s sh!te.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 08:05 - Jul 26 with 3541 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 07:52 - Jul 26 by abracaDOBRA_

Just looks like a rehash of yesterday's story.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 08:52 - Jul 26 with 3082 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, much more reliable. Think it's that Pete O'Rourke who runs the website (ex Sky), and he certainly does have info.

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:19 - Jul 26 with 2854 viewspointofblue

We won't be paying £1m for a bench warmer - will we be looking to play two young centre backs again or does this mean Woolfenden will start from the bench?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:20 - Jul 26 with 2843 viewsKieran_Knows

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:19 - Jul 26 by pointofblue

We won't be paying £1m for a bench warmer - will we be looking to play two young centre backs again or does this mean Woolfenden will start from the bench?

Why won't we? They've already rejected £750k this summer for him, so it'll clearly be in that ball park figure.

Login to get fewer ads

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:24 - Jul 26 with 2764 viewsDanTheMan

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:20 - Jul 26 by Kieran_Knows

Why won't we? They've already rejected £750k this summer for him, so it'll clearly be in that ball park figure.

I think he means that if we are paying 1mil for him, he's probably going to be starting which either means either Wolfenden or Nsiala drop to the bench.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 9:27]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:24 - Jul 26 with 2758 viewsBloomBlue

I don't think he's worth a million in today's market/COVID climate but we need some depth at CH and sometimes you have to pay over the odds to get players and that was always going to happen with other clubs knowing we have new owners with a bit of money, but overall given his age/experience I think he would/will be a good addition
Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:26 - Jul 26 with 2746 viewsbluestandard

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:20 - Jul 26 by Kieran_Knows

Might need to re-read that post buddy……

Seems clear that this signing would likely mean Toto and Wolfie fighting it out for the last CB spot.
Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:27 - Jul 26 with 2729 viewsPhilTWTD

Bit of a backwards way of phrasing it, we've made an offer for him. Should be that Rangers accept our fee. Don't think that's a million miles off from being where things are.
Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:28 - Jul 26 with 2670 viewsJackSted

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:27 - Jul 26 by PhilTWTD

Bit of a backwards way of phrasing it, we've made an offer for him. Should be that Rangers accept our fee. Don't think that's a million miles off from being where things are.

i dont believe you

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:28 - Jul 26 with 2671 viewsKieran_Knows

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:26 - Jul 26 by bluestandard

Might need to re-read that post buddy……

Seems clear that this signing would likely mean Toto and Wolfie fighting it out for the last CB spot.

Yep, sorry - just re-read and understood what you meant, apologies.

But yes, you're right. I didn't expect Toto and Woolfenden to start the season as our first choice anyway, tbh. I imagine Toto might leave.

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:33 - Jul 26 with 2574 viewsTomTheWriter

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:28 - Jul 26 by Kieran_Knows

Yep, sorry - just re-read and understood what you meant, apologies.

But yes, you're right. I didn't expect Toto and Woolfenden to start the season as our first choice anyway, tbh. I imagine Toto might leave.

Can’t see Toto leaving at all. Cook had him at Accrington, was actually his second highest rated player last season behind James Wilson which I found surprising. And he gave him the armband Saturday, rather than Norwood who had it for the final league games.

Honestly, Toto looked pretty solid against Mateta and Zaha. One iffy moment when he missed his tackle, but he looked good on the ball. Won his headers, cleared very well under his goal line twice. Would be a really good 2nd or 3rd choice centre back

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:34 - Jul 26 with 2536 viewsKieran_Knows

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:33 - Jul 26 by TomTheWriter

Can’t see Toto leaving at all. Cook had him at Accrington, was actually his second highest rated player last season behind James Wilson which I found surprising. And he gave him the armband Saturday, rather than Norwood who had it for the final league games.

Honestly, Toto looked pretty solid against Mateta and Zaha. One iffy moment when he missed his tackle, but he looked good on the ball. Won his headers, cleared very well under his goal line twice. Would be a really good 2nd or 3rd choice centre back

The same Cook who preferred a pretty cr*p Arsenal loanee and an out of sorts Woolfenden at the end of last season?

I'll be amazed if he plays anymore of a back up role if he stays.

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:45 - Jul 26 with 2365 viewschrismakin

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:34 - Jul 26 by Kieran_Knows

The same Cook who preferred a pretty cr*p Arsenal loanee and an out of sorts Woolfenden at the end of last season?

back up means 2nd or 3rd choice doesn't it?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:52 - Jul 26 with 2285 viewstractorboy1978

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:45 - Jul 26 by chrismakin

back up means 2nd or 3rd choice doesn't it?

He will be 4th choice CB once Edmundson and an experienced CB sign. If the right offer comes in I suspect we wouldn't stand in his way.
[Redacted] on 09:58 - Jul 26 with 2209 viewsvictorywilhappen

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:52 - Jul 26 by tractorboy1978

He will be 4th choice CB once Edmundson and an experienced CB sign. If the right offer comes in I suspect we wouldn't stand in his way.

[Redacted]
Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 10:46 - Jul 26 with 2000 viewsTomTheWriter

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:34 - Jul 26 by Kieran_Knows

Wouldn't have been surprised if there was a clause in McGuinness's loan deal forcing our hand with game time. Probably the same with Bennetts.

Woolfenden needed game-time because he is Cook's ideal centre back. Tall, strong, comfortable on the ball. Just needs to work on his concentration.

Nsiala and Wolf played really well at the weekend. Think Palace got in between the pair on only two or three occasions, at that's because Zaha is too good.

You couldn't ask for a better 3rd or 4th choice CB right now than Nsiala. Too soon for Ndaba and Baggott

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

[Redacted] on 10:52 - Jul 26 with 1914 viewsvictorywilhappen

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 10:46 - Jul 26 by TomTheWriter

Wouldn't have been surprised if there was a clause in McGuinness's loan deal forcing our hand with game time. Probably the same with Bennetts.

Woolfenden needed game-time because he is Cook's ideal centre back. Tall, strong, comfortable on the ball. Just needs to work on his concentration.

Nsiala and Wolf played really well at the weekend. Think Palace got in between the pair on only two or three occasions, at that's because Zaha is too good.

You couldn't ask for a better 3rd or 4th choice CB right now than Nsiala. Too soon for Ndaba and Baggott

[Redacted]
Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 10:53 - Jul 26 with 1900 viewsPhilTWTD

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 10:46 - Jul 26 by TomTheWriter

Was told that wasn't the case with McGuinness, he'd gone beyond any appearance clauses there were. Not sure whether PC was just having a continued look at him to see whether he might be worth bringing in this summer.
Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 11:00 - Jul 26 with 1797 viewsBiGDonnie

Edmundson deal agreed and expected to go through soon… on 09:19 - Jul 26 by pointofblue

I really don't understand the need for Woolf to play alongside an 'older' centre back. It's really all about the team as a whole, the cohesion, chemistry, strategy etc. Not how old someone playing next to you is.

A 19 year old Cannavaro would have looked sh*te last season here.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024