Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to front season?? 17:55 - Jul 26 with 1028 viewsBlindMullets

Interested to know what people think. Usually we start like a train and struggle after Christmas. Will this season be the reverse? New players taking time to gel and getting stronger as the season progresses. No doubt if we struggle in the first few games there will pressure on Cook.
Back to front season?? on 18:01 - Jul 26 with 987 viewstractorboy1978

We've got so much quality and such a kind start that even if it does take a while for us to really click we will be well up there.
Back to front season?? on 18:02 - Jul 26 with 977 viewstractordownsouth

Our start is quite kind so I imagine we'll be in and around the top 6 but probably not the top 2 at the start of the season, and then kick on from around December.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Back to front season?? on 18:04 - Jul 26 with 961 viewsKropotkin123

I'm aware that there is a possibility we will start slowly. But I'm not expecting it to be that bad. I do expect some people to complain loudly about PC, but I'm not going to be in that camp unless it is PH bad.

Let's be real, any Ipswich fan can look up his record, see who he's bought in, and know that he clearly knows what he is doing. Not backing him from the stands would be ludicrous.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Back to front season?? on 18:40 - Jul 26 with 876 viewsParisBlue

I can see us being flat track bullies, then it's how we do against the better teams.

Nothing less than top 2 would be a failure in my eyes.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Back to front season?? on 18:42 - Jul 26 with 862 viewschrismakin

Didnt we always struggle before Xmas under Burley and then end on a high

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Back to front season?? on 21:00 - Jul 26 with 709 viewsrfretwell

Back to front season?? on 18:42 - Jul 26 by chrismakin

Didnt we always struggle before Xmas under Burley and then end on a high

Yes, starting like a train didnt work so let's try something different.
Back to front season?? on 21:17 - Jul 26 with 682 viewsVic

With the squad Ashton and co are putting together I think we could/should start off reasonably strong. Most of the players will have had most of preseason together. Others will join, but the patterns and plays are fixed and they will just join in with them.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Back to front season?? on 22:28 - Jul 26 with 615 viewsChurchman

We got quite lucky with early fixtures and fortune in the past two seasons. Once other teams got fitter and more organised, our results went downhill. We rarely played more than 45 mins decently.

I am hoping with better players, fitness and buy in from the players we will get stronger as the season progresses. I don’t think it’ll be easy at the beginning, but with a bit of patience, we’ll be ok.
Login to get fewer ads

Back to front season?? on 22:34 - Jul 26 with 584 viewsKeaneish

We’ve started well the last two seasons but never been that convincing. Cook has already warned it’ll take a bit of time to gel. It’ll come good though, I've no doubt about that as I’ve said before he even signed. There will no doubt be a few dissenters on here early doors but they’ll pale into insignificance when we start to get in our stride.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024