Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that 17:17 - Aug 7 with 2010 viewsN2_Blue

I have no doubt if Woolfenden hadn’t made an awful mistake we would have gone onto to win that game.

We were so on top, terrible momentum killer.

Maybe not bags loads of chances but the way we moved ball from one flank to the other was excellent. Kane will get much better and Fraser really came into the game 2nd half.

Chaplin the disappointment for me. We have to get Bonne starting. Great movement and turn for his goal.

The mistake may do Luke good in the long run, he won’t do that again this season I’m sure.

And the lads showed great character, something missing for a long time.

I’m sure I say it every week but that genuinely was one of the worst referees ever and the most sh*thousery by a team since the Italians!

We will get better, players clearly have ability!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:19 - Aug 7 with 1957 viewschrismakin

Think it showed we need that one CB leader who can take control of situations and guide the players around him. But also when we went level we went into a strange panic mode, we just needed to relax and keep the ball for a bit and then go at them for the win for the final 10 minutes etc.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:21 - Aug 7 with 1931 viewsJ2BLUE

Add Edmundson and Coulson and it will look different. Hopefully this mystery 4th CB can compete for the other place.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:23 - Aug 7 with 1889 viewsmrshallisfit

You have more confidence than I do in Woolfenden.
A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:26 - Aug 7 with 1853 viewsGarv

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:21 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

Add Edmundson and Coulson and it will look different. Hopefully this mystery 4th CB can compete for the other place.

Coulson will have to be top quality to displace Penney, based on today. Thought he was very good and had a bit of Cresswell about him, just needed to get the ball in the box more.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:30 - Aug 7 with 1799 viewschrismakin

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:26 - Aug 7 by Garv

Coulson will have to be top quality to displace Penney, based on today. Thought he was very good and had a bit of Cresswell about him, just needed to get the ball in the box more.

Really? I thought he was exactly what Sheff wed said he was, a good attacking player but terrible at the back.

I think if were going to go with the attacking intent we showed... we need to ensure our fullbacks can do both jobs.

each to their own of course.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:33 - Aug 7 with 1755 viewsStewart27

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:26 - Aug 7 by Garv

I thought he gave the ball away a lot
A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:41 - Aug 7 with 1672 viewsJDB23

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:30 - Aug 7 by chrismakin

Really? I thought he was exactly what Sheff wed said he was, a good attacking player but terrible at the back.

I think if were going to go with the attacking intent we showed... we need to ensure our fullbacks can do both jobs.

I have to admit I didn’t think he looked much of an upgrade on Kenlock but maybe I’m being harsh.
A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:44 - Aug 7 with 1630 viewspointofblue

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:19 - Aug 7 by chrismakin

Think it showed we need that one CB leader who can take control of situations and guide the players around him. But also when we went level we went into a strange panic mode, we just needed to relax and keep the ball for a bit and then go at them for the win for the final 10 minutes etc.

I agree - after we equalised it bizarrely seemed to kill our momentum; we suddenly seemed clueless on how to get balls forward. I'm not sure if we would have won had Woolfenden not made the error or whether the match would have petered out as a 1-1 draw.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 18:02 - Aug 7 with 1542 viewsGarv

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:30 - Aug 7 by chrismakin

I've probably overlooked his limitations to be honest but I enjoyed his display overall. Really positive and always an out ball.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 19:32 - Aug 7 with 1395 viewsN2_Blue

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 17:41 - Aug 7 by JDB23

I have to admit I didn’t think he looked much of an upgrade on Kenlock but maybe I’m being harsh.

I thought Penney was pretty decent overall. Was threading some great balls in left channel first half that more should have been made on.

Was pleased with him as wasn’t sure about his signing but looked promising to me. Significantly better than Kenlock for me

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 19:33 - Aug 7 with 1378 viewspointofblue

Far better than Kenlock; our attack ran through him for much of the time - we’ve never been able to say that about Kenlock.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 20:45 - Aug 7 with 1271 viewsN2_Blue

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 19:33 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

Far better than Kenlock; our attack ran through him for much of the time - we’ve never been able to say that about Kenlock.

Exactly.

Glad someone else saw what I was seeing.

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 20:59 - Aug 7 with 1237 viewsWickets

Chaplin very quiet first half but pure quality for our first goal , lot more to come from him i feel .
A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 21:02 - Aug 7 with 1217 viewsArnoldMoorhen

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 19:32 - Aug 7 by N2_Blue

I thought Penney was pretty decent overall. Was threading some great balls in left channel first half that more should have been made on.

Was pleased with him as wasn’t sure about his signing but looked promising to me. Significantly better than Kenlock for me

I'm guessing you were in SBR, or at that end, because from SAR upper I can tell you that he was misplacing and oer-hitting balls in the final third for the majority of the First Half. Then he had a decent effort at goal and it seemed to relax him and I thought he played a lot better from then on.

I didn't think he was one of our stand-out players.

For me they were Evans, Harper and, annoying though it is to say, Norwood.

Pigott had good moments but won few (none?) of the 50/50 duels from punts upfield against either Centre Back.

Chaplin started brightly but faded a bit, then suddenly popped up with the assist for our first goal.

Burns was the player who impressed me most against us last season, so I had very high hopes, but he was well marshalled by a strong and determined Morecambe defence today.

Their number 22 (had a ginger crewcut, I don't know his name and the official Morecambe website doesn't include him in their squad (was he registered?!?!?) ) was the kind of shthousey defender we need at the back.

I'm sad for Toto, but pleased Donacien now has a chance in what could prove to be his best position, as a pure defender.
A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 21:07 - Aug 7 with 1181 viewsHerbivore

He grew as the game went on but overall I think the Kenlock comparison is a fair one. I know people want to be positive at this stage and that's fine, but today we drew 2-2 at home against a side that will likely finish bottom, we did so after scoring in the last minute and with their keeper only really making one other save of note.

It's very, very, very early days and let's see how the next few weeks go, but I'm staggered to see Penney's name alongside Cresswell's after today. Comparisons with Kenlock are far more reasonable (and not necessarily favourable at this point).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 21:07 - Aug 7 with 1181 viewsJDB23

A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 19:32 - Aug 7 by N2_Blue

Probably was a bit harsh, just felt like Harper and Evans first thought was always to ping it wide to the full backs so he received a lot of the ball but often struggled to create much. I’d still like to see us get Coulsen in and let them battle it out for a start.
A bit annoyed but actually very encouraged by that on 21:39 - Aug 7 with 1058 viewsDinDjarin

Decent going forward but not sure he won a header second half although the bloke he was marking was a large lump.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024