Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... 12:47 - Aug 16 with 2439 viewschfsittingbell

Widely accepted Aluko is our most uninspiring signing of the window. A man that has a decent pedigree and really should be a top performer in this league. Does this not show what a squad has been built in such a short time?

Give them until xmas time to really gel and get it together. After that i cant see anybody getting near us. We have more than enough at the back now and going forward we should really be able to take teams apart. The depth to the squad looks good and is of a manageable size.

Good owners, good board, good structure, good manager and good squad...... no excuses now!!!
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 13:36 - Aug 16 with 2256 viewsAsa

Head to YouTube and watch any Sone Aluko video from his time at Rangers, Reading, Fulham, Hull and the guy looks absolutely class.

Seen him play superbly against us on countless occasions. He's only 30 or so. Every chance he could be superb at this level and, as you say, he'd be bottom of most peoples lists out of the 16 signings we'd made in terms of how excited people are by him.

That just goes to show the talent this squad now has. Given Ashton and Cook have had a blank canvass to sign exactly who they want for Cook's proven system, not just Cook having to make it work with what he has, it's very exciting times ahead.

Let's be honest. Lambert had that lot in the playoffs in March. You'd like to think a much better manager with a much, much better squad (not of hangers on or blokes picking up a wage) of motivated players, can only do much better than what we saw last season, performance wise and points wise.
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 13:43 - Aug 16 with 2180 viewsBlueySwede

Wouldn´t say uninspiring, it was maybe just that it was a signing in an area where we seemed pretty well equipped anyway, when CB and CM were more needed.
I agree though, we have built a promising squad that SHOULD be there or thereabouts. Just hope that it all comes together, the foundations are there.
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 13:46 - Aug 16 with 2158 viewsDavoIPB

Watch Aluko in the warm ups. He looks a class player, stronger, more skillful with a better shot than most of our current players. He didn't have a good start but really he was having to defend at right back because of the way the team was set up and the players around him didn't support him. He will be a class player when it works for him.
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 13:49 - Aug 16 with 2111 viewsWallingford_Boy

I doubt he'll get much of a look in, he's been awful for a couple of years now, but I guess he'll be on the bench now and again when we have a few injuries.

RIP Sir Bobby

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 13:54 - Aug 16 with 2066 viewsreusersfreekicks

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 13:36 - Aug 16 by Asa

Head to YouTube and watch any Sone Aluko video from his time at Rangers, Reading, Fulham, Hull and the guy looks absolutely class.

Seen him play superbly against us on countless occasions. He's only 30 or so. Every chance he could be superb at this level and, as you say, he'd be bottom of most peoples lists out of the 16 signings we'd made in terms of how excited people are by him.

That just goes to show the talent this squad now has. Given Ashton and Cook have had a blank canvass to sign exactly who they want for Cook's proven system, not just Cook having to make it work with what he has, it's very exciting times ahead.

Let's be honest. Lambert had that lot in the playoffs in March. You'd like to think a much better manager with a much, much better squad (not of hangers on or blokes picking up a wage) of motivated players, can only do much better than what we saw last season, performance wise and points wise.

Aluko looks like the worst signing because he played very poorly in his only match - the rest you add is all spin
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 13:59 - Aug 16 with 2014 viewsMoriarty

Irony.

Asking to give the manager and squad time to gel and juxtaposing that with a condemnation of Aluko "widely accepted" as the most uninspiring signing of the window.

fka omuircheartaigh

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 14:09 - Aug 16 with 1952 viewsDavoIPB

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 13:59 - Aug 16 by Moriarty

Irony.

Asking to give the manager and squad time to gel and juxtaposing that with a condemnation of Aluko "widely accepted" as the most uninspiring signing of the window.

Yep one bad game doesn't mean he is a bad player. Might have a good game next game he plays. Could see his frustration at his own performance. Players seem to have got worse under cook so far so will be interesting to see how they manage the new players.
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 14:10 - Aug 16 with 1951 viewsSE1blue

I just don’t get some people on here slating a player before his career with us has even begun.

One game down and they made their mind up. Give the guy a chance.

It’s known that some players do read comments on here and posts like this do nothing to build a player up who has just arrived. All this after a really negative era and potential rays of hope shining through.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Login to get fewer ads

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 14:28 - Aug 16 with 1846 viewscarlisleaway

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 14:10 - Aug 16 by SE1blue

I just don’t get some people on here slating a player before his career with us has even begun.

It’s known that some players do read comments on here and posts like this do nothing to build a player up who has just arrived. All this after a really negative era and potential rays of hope shining through.

Aluko is another Finidi George
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 14:32 - Aug 16 with 1817 viewsAsa

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 14:28 - Aug 16 by carlisleaway

A player talented enough to be capable of scoring 9 goals in the Premier League this season. Awesome.

Imagine how many he will get at League One level!
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 14:38 - Aug 16 with 1754 viewsAsa

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 13:49 - Aug 16 by Wallingford_Boy

I doubt he'll get much of a look in, he's been awful for a couple of years now, but I guess he'll be on the bench now and again when we have a few injuries.

Awful for a few years now?

He played 33 times last season for a Reading out of 46 league games, a side that just missed the playoffs.

If only someone had told their manager he was awful, he'd have been dropped and they might have made the top six.

They'll be kicking themselves!
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 14:56 - Aug 16 with 1667 viewshadleighboyblue

I can rememberTaricco taking time before he became the wonderful player he was , give the guy a chance
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 15:05 - Aug 16 with 1625 viewsAsa

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 14:56 - Aug 16 by hadleighboyblue

I can rememberTaricco taking time before he became the wonderful player he was , give the guy a chance

Taricco was Mark Fish bad on his debut.

Some go on to be Taricco.

Some go on to be Mark Fish!
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 16:11 - Aug 16 with 1483 viewsFixed_It

Not sure he's being slated here (apart from Wally - but ignore him!). He has good pedigree and has performed well at a higher level. In normal circumstances his signing would be heralded - think what the OP is saying is that the fact that it isn't shows the quality of our signings in general.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 16:13]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 17:25 - Aug 16 with 1321 viewsTheBawdseyButcher

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 13:49 - Aug 16 by Wallingford_Boy

Jus curious to know. How many times have you seen him play in the last two years to make this statement?
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 17:41 - Aug 16 with 1250 viewsjas0999

There have been no poor signings in my opinion. The issue with Aluko is whether we needed him with so many forwards in the squad. He no doubt has quality. Better than what we already had? Time will tell.
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 17:46 - Aug 16 with 1224 viewsWallingford_Boy

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 14:38 - Aug 16 by Asa

Awful for a few years now?

He played 33 times last season for a Reading out of 46 league games, a side that just missed the playoffs.

If only someone had told their manager he was awful, he'd have been dropped and they might have made the top six.

They'll be kicking themselves!

How many of those were 5 mins as sub?

Spoken to many Reading fans on their thoughts on him?

Shhhhhhhh....

RIP Sir Bobby

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 17:49 - Aug 16 with 1216 viewsswede

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 14:28 - Aug 16 by carlisleaway

I'll take that any day of the week!
I don't get the slating of Finidi George. He scored one of the best goals I have ever seen at PR (vs Sunderland) and gave the best performance ever (vs Derby). One season of that from Aluko and I will be well happy!
When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 17:49 - Aug 16 with 1215 viewschicoazul

I’ve said before that I think if we didn’t have Aluko we would need him, or someone like him. A flexible experienced forward to give cover and push for a spot across the front line.
No he doesn’t have a brilliant goals record recently but he does have the experience skill knowledge and attitude we also need.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 17:51 - Aug 16 with 1194 viewschicoazul

Please tell us more about why you think this

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 17:56 - Aug 16 with 1152 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 17:46 - Aug 16 by Wallingford_Boy

How many of those were 5 mins as sub?

Spoken to many Reading fans on their thoughts on him?

Shhhhhhhh....

Which way are you playing this? That he is rubbish because he didn't score enough goals or that he didn't get pitch time because he is rubbish? Interesting you didn't comment on how much you watched him.

Here is the data, though. A total of 1271 minutes (or the pitch time equivalent of 14 and a bit full matches. He clearly wasn't first choice but was clearly a squad regular in a top half Championship side. Clearly not playing as the main striker but more as a wide man.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sone-aluko/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/42198/p

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 18:52 - Aug 16 with 998 viewsistanblue

When Aluko is our least inspiring signing...... on 13:54 - Aug 16 by reusersfreekicks

Aluko looks like the worst signing because he played very poorly in his only match - the rest you add is all spin

No it's because he has 6 goals in the last 4 seasons combined...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024