Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not very clever at all 21:47 - Aug 17 with 3659 viewsSomethingBlue

That last 40 minutes was diabolical — on a par with the worst stuff at the tail end of last season. We had no idea how to reverse the tide and were thoroughly outplayed. Edwards the one and only bright spot.

I'm sure things will get better, that's obvious logic given the turnaround of the squad. But they now have to improve very quickly. The bare facts read that we have played Morecambe, Newport, Burton and Cheltenham this season, and scraped a single draw in the 92nd minute. No way to dress it up — it's a concern and Cook has to sort it sharply because we cannot waste this season or let the club lose momentum.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Not very clever at all on 21:49 - Aug 17 with 2506 viewshomer_123

Just posted remarkably similar.

We just tanked that second half.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Not very clever at all on 21:49 - Aug 17 with 2481 viewsSteve_M

It's all a bit Paul Hurst at the moment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Not very clever at all on 21:50 - Aug 17 with 2441 viewsITFC_Forever

It’s the Ipswich way.

You could argue the fine margins haven’t gone way in the last couple of games…. Score the penalty on Saturday, score an open goal tonight and we’d probably win both games.

But should we be really be relying on fine margins against Burton and Cheltenham?

It’s an average of two goals per game conceded in the league. That’ll certainly get you out of the division…..

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Not very clever at all on 21:50 - Aug 17 with 2407 viewsSomethingBlue

Not very clever at all on 21:49 - Aug 17 by homer_123

Just posted remarkably similar.

We just tanked that second half.

It was terrible. Given that we have an entirely new side in we can't really point to the losing mentality that infected the club for years either. Unfortunately Cook is now firmly under the microscope — for me anyway — because this cannot go on. Hopefully from Saturday we start to get a grip.

Not very clever at all on 21:50 - Aug 17 with 2396 viewsITFC_Forever

Not very clever at all on 21:49 - Aug 17 by Steve_M

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Not very clever at all on 21:51 - Aug 17 with 2332 viewschicoazul

Remember that time he ripped up a team brought a load of new players in and they played like strangers until he got sacked?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Not very clever at all on 21:52 - Aug 17 with 2303 viewsFunge

Yep, it really is.

Positives?

Clearly a very good squad. Owners invested in the club. Loads of STs sold.

Negatives...

Well, at the moment, it's obvious.

I hate being the reactionary fan I've ripped the p1ss out of for so long - but he's got nowhere to hide at the moment, has he?
Not very clever at all on 21:53 - Aug 17 with 2253 viewsRozz

Completely agree. Think it will come good, but we desperately need to arrest this run of form and big big questions will be asked of PC if we go down against MK Dons at the weekend.

We need a result badly or I think things will get ugly quickly. There's not much credit in the bank after last season's limp finish.
Login to get fewer ads

Not very clever at all on 21:53 - Aug 17 with 2236 viewsSomethingBlue

Not very clever at all on 21:51 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

Remember that time he ripped up a team brought a load of new players in and they played like strangers until he got sacked?

At least these are genuinely good players, I'd say. But then that should make it easier to get them firing. The clock will start ticking if we see too much more of this — we simply haven't got time.

Not very clever at all on 21:53 - Aug 17 with 2207 viewshomer_123

I'm not sure it's quite that good.

Not very clever at all on 21:53 - Aug 17 with 2203 viewsreusersfreekicks

Not very clever at all on 21:50 - Aug 17 by SomethingBlue

It was terrible. Given that we have an entirely new side in we can't really point to the losing mentality that infected the club for years either. Unfortunately Cook is now firmly under the microscope — for me anyway — because this cannot go on. Hopefully from Saturday we start to get a grip.

Soooooo disappointing can't just point at the defence we lost the midfield and created nothing in the second half
Not very clever at all on 21:53 - Aug 17 with 2180 viewspointofblue

Difference is, in hindsight, Hurst clearly brought in poor quality players who were no near the standard of the division. That is absolutely not the case this time around.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not very clever at all on 21:54 - Aug 17 with 2141 viewshomer_123

Not very clever at all on 21:53 - Aug 17 by reusersfreekicks

Soooooo disappointing can't just point at the defence we lost the midfield and created nothing in the second half

Punished for not doing the basics.

Not very clever at all on 21:55 - Aug 17 with 2100 viewsSteve_M

Not very clever at all on 21:52 - Aug 17 by Funge

Yep, it really is.

Positives?

Negatives...

I hate being the reactionary fan I've ripped the p1ss out of for so long - but he's got nowhere to hide at the moment, has he?

Cook hid behind the players last season and an awful lot of fans bought into it, the players weren't blameless by any means but we needed a good start to this season. This isn't it, we just have to win on Saturday now.

Indeed on 21:56 - Aug 17 with 2034 viewsDyland

We’re going nowhere in this league if we can’t defend clogging sh1t football like that. On the flip side, we have quality going forward and we were three single moments away from drawing or winning the last two away games. Draw or scrape the odd win away and turn it on at home and we’ll be up there. Home form is everything this season, and no reason to think we can’t have a successful season. So we need to get PR rocking.

No excuses though. We had on paper the kindest fixtures for Cook to get something going, and it’s not worked out. After the disappointing last season end he’s got no credit in the bank and needs to own his squad rip up innit. Oh well, can’t judge it until October, but it’s the same old sh1t isn’t it… very few teams look totally sh1t against us…

COYFB
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 21:56]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Not very clever at all on 21:56 - Aug 17 with 2025 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not very clever at all on 21:53 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

Difference is, in hindsight, Hurst clearly brought in poor quality players who were no near the standard of the division. That is absolutely not the case this time around.

As long as we aren't saying the same "in hindsight" in 6 months.

Gwion Edwards looked a world beater on his debut.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not very clever at all on 21:56 - Aug 17 with 1982 viewshomer_123

Not very clever at all on 21:55 - Aug 17 by Steve_M

Cook hid behind the players last season and an awful lot of fans bought into it, the players weren't blameless by any means but we needed a good start to this season. This isn't it, we just have to win on Saturday now.

We are carrying on from last season.

We continue to be able to really boss a game in any way. Cooks tenure has been extremely poor...there is no getting away with it.

Not very clever at all on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 1981 viewsSteve_M

And it was ten times better football than McCarthy, even though it wasn't.

Not very clever at all on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 1977 viewsbilllm

Yep, it really is.

Positives?

Negatives...

He hasent, he's poor, missing Richardson I'm afraid,
Not very clever at all on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 1945 viewsFunge

Not very clever at all on 21:55 - Aug 17 by Steve_M

1 point from 2 games against relegation favourites (and very nearly none)

Woeful scenes.

Such a kind start, and we've p1ssed it away.
Not very clever at all on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 1942 viewschicoazul

Not very clever at all on 21:53 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

Sooooo….if they aren’t bad players, why are they playing badly?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Not very clever at all on 21:58 - Aug 17 with 1896 viewsDyland

Yep, it really is.

Positives?

Negatives...

Nope, nowhere to hide... except as I say in this thread, three moments that have turned draws or even wins into losses in last two games. That's football though, and Cook knows that.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Not very clever at all on 21:59 - Aug 17 with 1825 viewsSuffolktractor

End of first half and all through the second, Cheltenham hassled and harried and made life difficult for us. We had no answer. For all our supposed quality, if you are not given space or time we are not good enough.
Second half we looked exactly like last season. No fight, no guile and no idea how to take the sting out of the opposition, who had one tactic and played it really well.
All the teams who play us this season will be up for the challenge against the supposed ‘big boys’, on tonight’s showing our team have as much bottle as last seasons. Cook has a lot to do, let’s hope we see some fight as well as the undoubted quality we have got.
No one will let us play pretty football, let’s get used to it.
Not very clever at all on 22:00 - Aug 17 with 1808 viewspointofblue

Not very clever at all on 21:57 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

Sooooo….if they aren’t bad players, why are they playing badly?

Exactly.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not very clever at all on 22:01 - Aug 17 with 1746 viewsFunge

Not very clever at all on 21:58 - Aug 17 by Dyland

Nope, nowhere to hide... except as I say in this thread, three moments that have turned draws or even wins into losses in last two games. That's football though, and Cook knows that.

No doubt - but Dyllers, honestly, and at risk of sounding like the entitled middle-class pr1ck that we all know I am - we really shouldn't be talking about 'moments' against Morecambe and fcking Cheltenham.

all respect due etc etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024