Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't hide my disappointment 23:48 - Aug 17 with 1100 viewsKropotkin123

I definitely think PC is a good manager and he is right, we do need more time. We haven't even played our first choice centre-backs together yet.

With that said, we have one point from two newly promoted teams. One of which had just as big a change as us in terms of player personnel.

As per my prediction league, I think Burton will be challenging for the play-offs this season, so that result wasn't exactly a surprise. But one point from the opening three is gutting. Predominantly because getting a half way middle of the road start (four points from nine) would have settled a lot of nerves (players and fans).

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a flounce, I just wish we were doing better and I'm disappointed that we're not.

Fingers crossed for a win against MK Dons.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Can't hide my disappointment on 23:59 - Aug 17 with 1055 viewsN2_Blue

I don’t think there is a single fan who isn’t disappointed.

I haven’t given up on Cook with my support but I am hugely concerned.

Sure we have to gel, sure we are not going to win every game and we shouldn’t expect too much too soon but what I see from cooks management is hugely disappointing ie no evidence of being able to change a game, no willingness to adapt from one preferred formation, poor substitutions, and just nothing that shows he is outthinking his opposite number despite having much better players.

4 points as absolute minimum from next two games is needed. Fail to win one and the Americans could get very twitchy and it could be disastrous as we have a squad completely built for someone else.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Can't hide my disappointment on 00:05 - Aug 18 with 1040 viewspointofblue

Can't hide my disappointment on 23:59 - Aug 17 by N2_Blue

Sure we have to gel, sure we are not going to win every game and we shouldn’t expect too much too soon but what I see from cooks management is hugely disappointing ie no evidence of being able to change a game, no willingness to adapt from one preferred formation, poor substitutions, and just nothing that shows he is outthinking his opposite number despite having much better players.

4 points as absolute minimum from next two games is needed. Fail to win one and the Americans could get very twitchy and it could be disastrous as we have a squad completely built for someone else.

An added issue is the Wycombe match might be called off due to international commitments - fail to beat MK Dons or Wimbledon and we'll have two weeks to dwell on it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Can't hide my disappointment on 00:10 - Aug 18 with 1023 viewsN2_Blue

Can't hide my disappointment on 00:05 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

An added issue is the Wycombe match might be called off due to international commitments - fail to beat MK Dons or Wimbledon and we'll have two weeks to dwell on it.

If that’s the case, I think cook would be toast. The owners may see that two weeks as perfect opportunity to get their own man. Cook has to win one of those games or that could be it.

I think that woul be as disastrous as our stay to the season as we are back to square one, a squad who is not the managers own.

All fairly depressing currently.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Can't hide my disappointment on 00:11 - Aug 18 with 1007 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Can't hide my disappointment on 00:05 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

Or it gives Cook and his mates two weeks to prepare the squad on the training pitch... which looks very much necessary.
Can't hide my disappointment on 00:44 - Aug 18 with 915 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can't hide my disappointment on 23:59 - Aug 17 by N2_Blue

I think any manager would be happy to work with the squad that has been put together.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Can't hide my disappointment on 06:42 - Aug 18 with 741 viewsChurchman

Can't hide my disappointment on 00:10 - Aug 18 by N2_Blue

If that’s the case, I think cook would be toast. The owners may see that two weeks as perfect opportunity to get their own man. Cook has to win one of those games or that could be it.

I think that woul be as disastrous as our stay to the season as we are back to square one, a squad who is not the managers own.

Players are players. They sign contracts to play for the club, not Cook. If he can’t do it, get somebody in that can. I’m still in favour of giving it until October to give him a a chance to sort this mess out.
Can't hide my disappointment on 06:58 - Aug 18 with 687 viewsRomeo4

Can't hide my disappointment on 06:42 - Aug 18 by Churchman

Players are players. They sign contracts to play for the club, not Cook. If he can’t do it, get somebody in that can. I’m still in favour of giving it until October to give him a a chance to sort this mess out.

I get that players sign for the club and am not naive enough to not know that good wages is probably the primary attraction, but a good number of our new players have cited Cook as a major factor in choosing to come here.

It’s potentially disastrous if we end up in a position where we have to change the manager. We simply must hold our nerve, get behind the team and hope results improve.

Desperately in need of a win in the next 2 home games.
Can't hide my disappointment on 07:19 - Aug 18 with 631 viewsElephantintheRoom

Its very difficult to play your first choice central defenders when you either havent bought them yet - or you've bought an injured player (yet again).

I'm also intrigued that you rate Cook a good manager when all evidence so far suggests he is arrogant, incompetent and utterly incapable of extracting much from the players at his disposal.

If you buy into the franchise cobbling together a bunch of low-rent players capable of hoisting themselves out of this division - then fair enough, the 'project' needs time to deliver - even the glib PR suggested it wouldnt happen this season - whilst no doubt hoping it would be a piece of mom's apple pie.

I just dont like it at all - its all totally alien to what the club used to be - and ripping the heart out of the club at the behest of blokes from Wigan and a stalled and going backwards Bristol City seems something of a strategic error - as well as creating basically a Franchise FC that could be playing anywhere.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Can't hide my disappointment on 08:01 - Aug 18 with 548 viewsBeckets

Can't hide my disappointment on 00:10 - Aug 18 by N2_Blue

It will not have gone unnoticed by the powers that be that Cook’s current record in 19 games in League One is 19 points. 1 point per game in the third tier of English football across a decent sample size.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024