Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another defender still to sign? 08:56 - Aug 25 with 3836 viewsb1079blue

iirc Cook intimated that we may not have the captaining the building a few weeks ago and Burgess gas not been given the captains arm band are we expecting any more signings?
another defender still to sign? on 10:16 - Aug 25 with 3147 viewsMediocre_Quick

He's taking the sunday league approach and giving it to whoever trained well during the week for a little lift
I think the Sunday League approach was.... on 10:23 - Aug 25 with 3119 viewsBloots

another defender still to sign? on 10:16 - Aug 25 by Mediocre_Quick

He's taking the sunday league approach and giving it to whoever trained well during the week for a little lift

....give it to whoever actually paid their "subs" the week before.

Or anyone who gave people a lift to away games.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

another defender still to sign? on 10:38 - Aug 25 with 3053 viewsWeirdFishes

Can't see it personally, with Burgess, Edmondson, and Toto Wolf I think we're good for defenders.

Wouldn't surprise me if we were targeting a CB to come in as a captain but it didn't happen.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

I think the Sunday League approach was.... on 11:09 - Aug 25 with 2970 viewsMediocre_Quick

I think the Sunday League approach was.... on 10:23 - Aug 25 by Bloots

....give it to whoever actually paid their "subs" the week before.

Or anyone who gave people a lift to away games.

Whoever is the least hungover too, or who evers missus washed the kit that week
another defender still to sign? on 11:19 - Aug 25 with 2931 viewsPhilTWTD

Whether the captaincy has anything to do with it or not, I know bringing in another centre-half is under consideration.
another defender still to sign? on 11:21 - Aug 25 with 2902 viewschicoazul

another defender still to sign? on 10:38 - Aug 25 by WeirdFishes

Can't see it personally, with Burgess, Edmondson, and Toto Wolf I think we're good for defenders.

Wouldn't surprise me if we were targeting a CB to come in as a captain but it didn't happen.

…2 of whom are injured. Edmundson was injured when we bought him. We need another CB and probably another CM too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

another defender still to sign? on 11:24 - Aug 25 with 2883 viewsitfcjoe

another defender still to sign? on 11:19 - Aug 25 by PhilTWTD

Whether the captaincy has anything to do with it or not, I know bringing in another centre-half is under consideration.

He’s going to have a hell of a job on his hand keeping this squad all happy - feels bloated already. Anyone else likely to head out?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

another defender still to sign? on 11:25 - Aug 25 with 2871 viewsjayessess

another defender still to sign? on 11:19 - Aug 25 by PhilTWTD

Phil, don't suppose you know how that fits with the squad list thing? Aren't we right at the limit already?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

another defender still to sign? on 11:28 - Aug 25 with 2860 viewsPhilTWTD

another defender still to sign? on 11:24 - Aug 25 by itfcjoe

He’s going to have a hell of a job on his hand keeping this squad all happy - feels bloated already. Anyone else likely to head out?

I wonder if it indicates they'd allow Nsiala to move on once fit. No idea whether there's interest though. Kenlock and McGavin, of course, although I've not heard of any interest in them. They're not going to play for the U23s this season, let alone the first team.

Dobra will go on loan, seems all but decided that he'll go to one of the interested parties from what I hear. And from what Kieron says Clements will go as well and then Morris in January.
another defender still to sign? on 11:28 - Aug 25 with 2845 viewschicoazul

another defender still to sign? on 11:25 - Aug 25 by jayessess

Phil, don't suppose you know how that fits with the squad list thing? Aren't we right at the limit already?

I believe they can swap players between first team and U23s. So if nobody comes in for Jackson or Nolan and we need a slot we can just demote them.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

another defender still to sign? on 11:33 - Aug 25 with 2809 viewsCuffy81

another defender still to sign? on 11:21 - Aug 25 by chicoazul

…2 of whom are injured. Edmundson was injured when we bought him. We need another CB and probably another CM too.

Reading between the lines, Nsiala's injury may be a bad one.
another defender still to sign? on 11:35 - Aug 25 with 2799 viewsPhilTWTD

another defender still to sign? on 11:25 - Aug 25 by jayessess

Not checked, to be honest. What is it 20 outfield players aged over 21? Depends on how old the incoming addition is, of course.
another defender still to sign? on 11:36 - Aug 25 with 2778 viewsMediocre_Quick

another defender still to sign? on 11:28 - Aug 25 by chicoazul

I believe they can swap players between first team and U23s. So if nobody comes in for Jackson or Nolan and we need a slot we can just demote them.

Don't see Nolan leaving, he's injured currently but has been included in the first team squad and will most likely be cover for Carroll/Evans/Harper along with Humphries
another defender still to sign? on 11:40 - Aug 25 with 2745 viewsjayessess

another defender still to sign? on 11:28 - Aug 25 by chicoazul

You submit a final list when the transfer window shuts and can't change it without special dispensation.

another defender still to sign? on 12:20 - Aug 25 with 2609 viewsFPL_Tractor

another defender still to sign? on 11:35 - Aug 25 by PhilTWTD

Not checked, to be honest. What is it 20 outfield players aged over 21? Depends on how old the incoming addition is, of course.

I believe this is the case (pedantically i think it's 21 and over).

We're at capacity with
VINCENT-YOUNG Donacien
COULSON Penny
BURGESS EDMUNDSON Woolfenden Nsiala
EVANS HARPER Carroll Nolan
BURNS EDWARDS FRASER Aluko Chaplin
BONNE Pigott Norwood

Barry and Dobra are "under age"

This doesn't include Jackson, Kenlock or McGavin

So if we are to bring in a defender we'll have to move someone on or leave them out of the squad but continue to pay them. Nsiala or perhaps Donacien seem the obvious contenders.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

another defender still to sign? on 12:24 - Aug 25 with 2586 viewsPhilTWTD

another defender still to sign? on 12:20 - Aug 25 by FPL_Tractor

I believe this is the case (pedantically i think it's 21 and over).

We're at capacity with
VINCENT-YOUNG Donacien
COULSON Penny
BURGESS EDMUNDSON Woolfenden Nsiala
EVANS HARPER Carroll Nolan
BURNS EDWARDS FRASER Aluko Chaplin
BONNE Pigott Norwood

Barry and Dobra are "under age"

This doesn't include Jackson, Kenlock or McGavin

So if we are to bring in a defender we'll have to move someone on or leave them out of the squad but continue to pay them. Nsiala or perhaps Donacien seem the obvious contenders.

Thanks. Might be that other players are moved on or left out of the squad if we brought in another who is 21 or over.
another defender still to sign? on 12:31 - Aug 25 with 2555 viewsFPL_Tractor

another defender still to sign? on 12:24 - Aug 25 by PhilTWTD

Thanks. Might be that other players are moved on or left out of the squad if we brought in another who is 21 or over.

You'd think they'd be hoping to get Jackson a new club in the next week as he must be earning a decent wage. I suspect a loan seems most realistic. Whilst Kenlock and McGavin may be "wasted" wages i'm guessing they don't earn the same level of wage.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

another defender still to sign? on 13:08 - Aug 25 with 2418 viewsArnoldMoorhen

another defender still to sign? on 11:40 - Aug 25 by jayessess

You submit a final list when the transfer window shuts and can't change it without special dispensation.

Until the next transfer window opens, obviously, not fixed for the season.

So if any players are injured and likely to be out to December the pack could be re-shuffled and they could always come back in then.
another defender still to sign? on 17:42 - Aug 25 with 2101 viewshadleighboyblue

another defender still to sign? on 11:33 - Aug 25 by Cuffy81

Reading between the lines, Nsiala's injury may be a bad one.

Do we know what Edmundson's injury is ? unless either him or Toto has a long term injury , would think a defensive midfielder might be more important , unless we are going 3 at the back

Burgess looks like skipper potential rather than Evans
another defender still to sign? on 17:43 - Aug 25 with 2097 viewsPhilTWTD

another defender still to sign? on 12:31 - Aug 25 by FPL_Tractor

You'd think they'd be hoping to get Jackson a new club in the next week as he must be earning a decent wage. I suspect a loan seems most realistic. Whilst Kenlock and McGavin may be "wasted" wages i'm guessing they don't earn the same level of wage.

Agree, I think they'd want those three out if they can move them on.
another defender still to sign? on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 2055 viewsjayessess

another defender still to sign? on 13:08 - Aug 25 by ArnoldMoorhen

Until the next transfer window opens, obviously, not fixed for the season.

So if any players are injured and likely to be out to December the pack could be re-shuffled and they could always come back in then.

Yeah, in the very specific scenario that any of our injuries are nailed on to last until near enough the next transfer window, we could leave them out and recruit a replacement. But I don't think there's any suggestion that Toto or Norwood are looking at that kind of lay-off and we're not going to base our squad planning around that. If we recruit again, we'll shuffle someone out the door, I assume.

another defender still to sign? on 17:57 - Aug 25 with 2049 viewsKeaneish

another defender still to sign? on 11:24 - Aug 25 by itfcjoe

Bloated? The conversation on here for weeks is a that we need another CB, CM and we’re not entirely happy with RB. With Dobra going out and the squad supplemented with a few under 23s, how is it bloated? Squad is 25, right?

(I think Ed Sheeran might get dropped too)
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 18:01]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

another defender still to sign? on 18:06 - Aug 25 with 2021 viewsitfcjoe

another defender still to sign? on 17:57 - Aug 25 by Keaneish

Bloated? The conversation on here for weeks is a that we need another CB, CM and we’re not entirely happy with RB. With Dobra going out and the squad supplemented with a few under 23s, how is it bloated? Squad is 25, right?

(I think Ed Sheeran might get dropped too)
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 18:01]

Think we are at max numbers but not 100% - but with Edmundson, Burgess, Woolfenden and Nsiala and Cook not playing 3 at the back we surely don’t need another one?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

another defender still to sign? on 18:13 - Aug 25 with 2005 viewsNthsuffolkblue

another defender still to sign? on 18:06 - Aug 25 by itfcjoe

Think we are at max numbers but not 100% - but with Edmundson, Burgess, Woolfenden and Nsiala and Cook not playing 3 at the back we surely don’t need another one?

Another one in would suggest Woolfenden, Donacien and Nsiala are not considered good enough to be first choice back up. Once Edmundson is fit, you would expect the new one, Burgess and him to play the majority of games leaving the others for cover when needed.

That being so, I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or even 2 of them moving on. Jackson would be the main one we must want to shift.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

another defender still to sign? on 18:59 - Aug 25 with 1897 viewsKeaneish

another defender still to sign? on 18:06 - Aug 25 by itfcjoe

Ah, you meant at the back. I agree. Donacien is an ample 5th choice - I think we’re a midfielder light so wouldn’t be surprised to see a CM who can operate at CB if called upon ala Crooks.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024