Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we be worried about Bolton? 14:51 - Sep 6 with 3474 viewsMediocre_Quick

Decent start to the season, seen a lot of fans thinking we can roll them over easily, but have lost 1 of their first 5

What are we predicting? Can we kickstart our season? Or should we be cautiously optimistic going into the weekend?
Should we be worried about Bolton? on 19:11 - Sep 6 with 667 viewstimothyeo

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 15:10 - Sep 6 by itfcjoe

We've got a good record against them at Portman Road.

No game at this level is easier - but if we don't win at the very least 26-27 of our next 41 then we are not going to hit our goals this season.

Every home game is a game we should be winning - we've already dropped 6 points at home this season

In our last good season, where we achieved the goal at the start of the season in 2014/15 - we picked up 50 points at home and conceded 18 goals - they are the sort of numbers we need to hit

We should be winning every game this season.

That is of course unrealistic and a hurdle we've already fallen but its worth noting that with this squad we should go into every game expecting to pick up points.
No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 20:21 - Sep 6 with 606 viewspointofblue

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 18:47 - Sep 6 by chrismakin

Maybe right on Oxford tbf.

Wycombe.. I'm not sure. Burley was a hero and we got rid. And imo anyone relegated is auto assumed to be pushing for an immediate return.

Wigan.. interesting one for me. On one hand I completely agree with you. But I dont trust their owner. They have a very very strong squad. Better than Pompy and Sunderland imo. And I think behind the scenes the owner will want more. Esp after signing the likes of Wykes.

But weren't we dangerously close to the relegation zone in early October when we sacked Burley? A bit different to hanging around the top half, which I think Wycombe would accept from Ainsworth after his previous success.

Wigan is a funny one, I agree, but I think they'd be happy with stabilisation and growth this year.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 20:47 - Sep 6 with 562 viewschrismakin

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 20:21 - Sep 6 by pointofblue

But weren't we dangerously close to the relegation zone in early October when we sacked Burley? A bit different to hanging around the top half, which I think Wycombe would accept from Ainsworth after his previous success.

Wigan is a funny one, I agree, but I think they'd be happy with stabilisation and growth this year.

Oooo good question. I actually can't remember other than a horrible night in Grimsby :(

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 21:17 - Sep 6 with 539 viewsBlueBadger

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 17:53 - Sep 6 by Herbivore

Who has said we're going to piss the league? This is such a lazy comment, mate. People are saying with the squad we've put together we should be gunning for promotion and anything less is a failure. That's not the same as saying we should piss the league. And it's still League 1, the quality for the most part is poor even amongst many of the better sides.

I think, as long as he thinks the football is 'technical' UB is happy to wallow in mediocrity.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 21:23 - Sep 6 with 530 viewsJDB23

Watching tonight, its a shambles that we lost to this Burton side. I know we shouldn't be pissing the league but come on.
Should we be worried about Bolton? on 21:57 - Sep 6 with 483 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Couldn't score in more than 20 efforts tonight...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024