Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So. 19 signings but more in Jan 20:33 - Sep 5 with 2160 viewschrismakin

According to Mr Morsy.

So... based on what we've seen so far, where do you think there are Still gaps.

( must say I thought we were now fine for the season)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 20:39 - Sep 5 with 2115 viewspointofblue

Right back and Centre back - whilst the rest of our squad is competiitve with quality I'd argue our tight and centre back positions would scrape the play offs at best (unless Edmundson's performances belie his inexperience)

A left winger - who goes out there if Edwards picks up an injury?

We'll look to offload the remnants of Lambert's squad to make way for these players - Donaicen, Nsiala or Woolfenden and Nolan. That or, instead of the latter, release Aluko or Barry from their contracts with us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 20:43 - Sep 5 with 2102 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I thought he was alluding to strengthing for the championship.

tbh if we buy many more in Jan I could only seeing it being due to an injury crisis or poor performance on the pitch.

Surely with us hitting the top of squad limit rules we'd struggle to sign anyone but youngsters.

Why? Are you hoping we sign Downes back? 😉

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 20:47 - Sep 5 with 2073 viewschrismakin

So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 20:43 - Sep 5 by OriginalMarkyP

I thought he was alluding to strengthing for the championship.

tbh if we buy many more in Jan I could only seeing it being due to an injury crisis or poor performance on the pitch.

Surely with us hitting the top of squad limit rules we'd struggle to sign anyone but youngsters.

Why? Are you hoping we sign Downes back? 😉

Ah he could have been maybe

Ha downes. Love the lad. But hes not been a town player in his head for a while. Hopefully he will flourish at Swansea.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 20:59 - Sep 5 with 1997 viewsWD19

Just sounded like him repeating a line he had probably heard from Cook when he was giving the ‘big sell’. Only injuries or unhelpful loan recalls would lead to us doing much in the market in January as far as I can see.
So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 21:10 - Sep 5 with 1970 viewstimothyeo

No way we need to add to this squad for promotion in January. Cook would have to get things very very wrong between now and then
So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 22:38 - Sep 5 with 1669 viewsreusersfreekicks

So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 20:39 - Sep 5 by pointofblue

Right back and Centre back - whilst the rest of our squad is competiitve with quality I'd argue our tight and centre back positions would scrape the play offs at best (unless Edmundson's performances belie his inexperience)

A left winger - who goes out there if Edwards picks up an injury?

We'll look to offload the remnants of Lambert's squad to make way for these players - Donaicen, Nsiala or Woolfenden and Nolan. That or, instead of the latter, release Aluko or Barry from their contracts with us.

That is just crazy
So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 07:35 - Sep 6 with 1355 viewsxrayspecs

It is not about us having gaps, but whether there is an opportunity to upgrade on what we have got. So all positions.

We would probably need to sell as well as buy due to financial and squad size limits.

Who would be most vulnerable in existing squad?

Hldady (based on early season form)
Holy
Donancien
Toto
Wolfenden
Nolan
Norwood
Jackson

Plus any of the 19 who do not establish themselves over the first half of the season. Aluko looks like a squad filler rather than a long term prospect and Barry may not be what we need now to get out of this division.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 7:36]
So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 21:22 - Sep 6 with 988 viewsBluearmy71

Any manager will always look to strengthen his squad no matter how good it already is, its not very often a manager doesn't take advantage in the January transfer window, the age old duo of competition for places and (hopefully not in our case) having to bring in a player as cover in a certain position due to lengthy injuries, LB for example we have Penny & Coulson as proper LB's , yes we have people in our squad who can play ( Kenlock being out of the picture and maybe not playing for us again??) there but if we are in a real promotion challenge then a proper LB would be needed, we are after all in a position where we no longer have to make do imo!!

To those thinking that Wolfenden will be shown the door or you personally would get rid of him, I can't see it myself tbh I just think that PC sees there is gonna be one hell of a player there, get the silly error's ironed out and I have always thought the same, but time is a huge factor in this as I have said before when letting the likes of Bishop go (after his injuries obv) we can't wait around for players to find themselves again and get to what a good player they could be or once were if we are determined to be challenging at the high end of the championship in the near future, we need players fully on their game for that.
Login to get fewer ads

So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 21:29 - Sep 6 with 963 viewsWicklowBlue

How about we just make our current squad gel/perform?

Honestly we have strength and depth in every position, now is the time for Cook to deliver results. If we are still looking at major areas to strengthen in January then we haven't achieved the sum of our parts.

What we have now, all being fit is enough to have us min top 6 at the next window.
So. 19 signings but more in Jan on 21:48 - Sep 6 with 905 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Ashton says he doesn't like doing business in January...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024