Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A tough day for some on the board.... 11:18 - Sep 10 with 7309 viewsitfcjoe

.....seeing KVY come out and heap praise on Chambers and Skuse........and then Paul Cook talk about how Mick McCarthy spoke so highly of Celina.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A tough day for some on the board.... on 19:54 - Sep 10 with 2459 viewsJ2BLUE

A tough day for some on the board.... on 19:50 - Sep 10 by itfcjoe

It's very unlikely that the timing would ever be right for him to be looking for a job and at the right qualification level and for there to be a vacancy at that time......I think he'd love to though.

I'd imagine his main feeling is jealousy and frustration that the money and ambition has turned up too late for him to be able to help push us on and be well recompensed to do so.

Cheers.

Agree, it's unfortunate. I can understand his frustration. To say he was going to get a contract and then take it away was a horrible way for it to end. I wonder if Cook would have kept him if he thought Nsiala would leave. I'm sure Nsiala is on good money for this level though.

Hopefully we'll get them in the cup and give him a proper goodbye.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A tough day for some on the board.... on 20:01 - Sep 10 with 2437 viewsitfcjoe

A tough day for some on the board.... on 19:54 - Sep 10 by J2BLUE

Cheers.

Agree, it's unfortunate. I can understand his frustration. To say he was going to get a contract and then take it away was a horrible way for it to end. I wonder if Cook would have kept him if he thought Nsiala would leave. I'm sure Nsiala is on good money for this level though.

Hopefully we'll get them in the cup and give him a proper goodbye.

I can see why the decision was made - it's more than just another player in the squad but think a lot suffered because Cook got it wrong last year when he came in.

We've got a great squad now, but are so desperate for a win now - 3-4 more games without one and things could get so ugly and basically the fans suffer again!

A tough day for some on the board.... on 20:12 - Sep 10 with 2417 viewsbazza

A tough day for some on the board.... on 19:47 - Sep 10 by J2BLUE

How does Chambers feel about the club now? Could he still one day be in the dugout?

He was in Nando’s the weekend wearing an I hate PC T-shirt.. I agree, bloody political correctness..
A tough day for some on the board.... on 20:21 - Sep 10 with 2401 viewsWicklowBlue

A tough day for some on the board.... on 19:45 - Sep 10 by itfcjoe

There are still some posters who blame Chambers and Skuse for everything, and that still haven't gotten over Mick being right in what he was achieving with what he had - they deserve a dig every now and again.

On the news comments there is a poster who reads an article by KVY about how good Chambers and Skuse were but decides he knows better and that they downed tools etc when Cook came in and then doubles down repeatedly.....it's a baffling response.

The board has become very sensitive - yesterday I posted the size of the squad, some people get upset and claim it isn't a bit big and then Cook comes out today and says it's a couple of bodies too big.

All sense has been lost - we have to pretend black is white at times
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 19:47]

Thanks for the context on where you are coming from. There will always be differing opinions and moving to a "black & white" approach doesn't account for all the grey areas that life is. As for the news comments, I simply don't read them because...well we all know why.

Completely agree we have a squad overloaded in some areas and now Cook has to manage that but spin it around and that is a good problem to have. Prefer to have multiple options per position than be one injury away from disaster. Now is the test to see how good a manager Cook is.

Personally I don't thin Chambo/Skuse etc should be continually called out as what caused the decline. Mismanagement, lack of funding, organisation and structure has led us to where we are today. I do think it was time to start afresh and maybe some decisions could have been handled better and more respectfully as I know you have deep knowledge on.

However football is a business and some ruthless decisions needed to be made and emotion put aside. Time will tell if they were the right ones or not but I don't think any of us could say our squad is not the better for it. If this squad fails then Cook will be gone, if it achieves promotion then perhaps the past will be justified?

Edit: bloody autocorrect..Slide instead of Skuse?????
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 21:26]
A tough day for some on the board.... on 20:25 - Sep 10 with 2377 viewsitfcjoe

A tough day for some on the board.... on 20:21 - Sep 10 by WicklowBlue

Thanks for the context on where you are coming from. There will always be differing opinions and moving to a "black & white" approach doesn't account for all the grey areas that life is. As for the news comments, I simply don't read them because...well we all know why.

Completely agree we have a squad overloaded in some areas and now Cook has to manage that but spin it around and that is a good problem to have. Prefer to have multiple options per position than be one injury away from disaster. Now is the test to see how good a manager Cook is.

Personally I don't thin Chambo/Skuse etc should be continually called out as what caused the decline. Mismanagement, lack of funding, organisation and structure has led us to where we are today. I do think it was time to start afresh and maybe some decisions could have been handled better and more respectfully as I know you have deep knowledge on.

However football is a business and some ruthless decisions needed to be made and emotion put aside. Time will tell if they were the right ones or not but I don't think any of us could say our squad is not the better for it. If this squad fails then Cook will be gone, if it achieves promotion then perhaps the past will be justified?

Edit: bloody autocorrect..Slide instead of Skuse?????
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 21:26]

Time only plays out in one continuum - if we succeed it was the right thing to do, but we never know if other approaches would have worked either!

We are in a great position when you look at the squad - and that brings with it huge pressure on everyone, but that is how it should be for us every season at this level. I look forward to the games, and I expect to win every home game we have, including tomorrow.....I can't deal with much more disappointment!

Cook has a great record, but he'll need to find a solution quickly or it's not going to be much fun!

A tough day for some on the board.... on 20:57 - Sep 10 with 2316 viewschrismakin

A tough day for some on the board.... on 19:45 - Sep 10 by itfcjoe

There are still some posters who blame Chambers and Skuse for everything, and that still haven't gotten over Mick being right in what he was achieving with what he had - they deserve a dig every now and again.

On the news comments there is a poster who reads an article by KVY about how good Chambers and Skuse were but decides he knows better and that they downed tools etc when Cook came in and then doubles down repeatedly.....it's a baffling response.

The board has become very sensitive - yesterday I posted the size of the squad, some people get upset and claim it isn't a bit big and then Cook comes out today and says it's a couple of bodies too big.

All sense has been lost - we have to pretend black is white at times
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 19:47]

"They deserve a dig every now again"

Funny thing to say from someone who is defended by a large following when his own posts are 'digged out every now and again".

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

A tough day for some on the board.... on 21:22 - Sep 10 with 2287 viewsWicklowBlue

A tough day for some on the board.... on 20:25 - Sep 10 by itfcjoe

Time only plays out in one continuum - if we succeed it was the right thing to do, but we never know if other approaches would have worked either!

We are in a great position when you look at the squad - and that brings with it huge pressure on everyone, but that is how it should be for us every season at this level. I look forward to the games, and I expect to win every home game we have, including tomorrow.....I can't deal with much more disappointment!

Cook has a great record, but he'll need to find a solution quickly or it's not going to be much fun!

I'm in total agreement with this let's focus on the here and now and what journey lies in front of us. Pressure applied correctly can drive a team forward and we certainly have the backing and quality to be successful.

Time indeed is linear and you can only judge whether a decision was right or wrong based on hindsight. The important thing is learning from those past mistakes, time will tell if Cook is a genius or a fraud like some predecessors. None of us can deal with being disappointed for decades which is why feelings are so strong currently. However anyway you cut it we are better setup than ever so the signs are in time we'll relieve the disappointment. Time will tell and then judgement can begin.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 21:27]
A tough day for some on the board.... on 21:50 - Sep 10 with 2238 viewsitfcjoe

A tough day for some on the board.... on 21:22 - Sep 10 by WicklowBlue

I'm in total agreement with this let's focus on the here and now and what journey lies in front of us. Pressure applied correctly can drive a team forward and we certainly have the backing and quality to be successful.

Time indeed is linear and you can only judge whether a decision was right or wrong based on hindsight. The important thing is learning from those past mistakes, time will tell if Cook is a genius or a fraud like some predecessors. None of us can deal with being disappointed for decades which is why feelings are so strong currently. However anyway you cut it we are better setup than ever so the signs are in time we'll relieve the disappointment. Time will tell and then judgement can begin.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 21:27]

I hope Cook is the man, but if he isn’t then so be it - ultimately now we are in a position when success will come because we are set up properly to receive it. It’s not like if Cook was in charge under Evans and all eggs were in one basket simply hoping that Cook could do a job like Mick in spite of Evans which no one else had managed.

Cook being the answer is certainly Plan A though as want to be back inChampionship ASAP!

Login to get fewer ads

A tough day for some on the board.... on 22:43 - Sep 10 with 2170 viewsHerbivore

A tough day for some on the board.... on 20:57 - Sep 10 by chrismakin

Funny thing to say from someone who is defended by a large following when his own posts are 'digged out every now and again".

Shut up you daft tart.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 22:52]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A tough day for some on the board.... on 22:52 - Sep 10 with 2154 viewstextbackup

A tough day for some on the board.... on 22:43 - Sep 10 by Herbivore

Shut up you daft tart.

someone's had a beer tonight

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A tough day for some on the board.... on 22:54 - Sep 10 with 2139 viewschrismakin

A tough day for some on the board.... on 22:43 - Sep 10 by Herbivore

Shut up you daft tart.

Oooo decided to come out from behind your downvotes have you... good to see it was worth it I'm sure joe will be thankful for your support

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:12 - Sep 10 with 2127 viewsCoastalblue

A tough day for some on the board.... on 20:57 - Sep 10 by chrismakin

Mate I've come on here and defended you on occasion because I think you get a raw deal at times but lately you seem in danger of actually turning into the poster some accuse you of being.

Stick to your support of PC and system etc, don't get sucked into digs with other people, you're never going to win that and there's no need for it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:18 - Sep 10 with 2114 viewsHerbivore

A tough day for some on the board.... on 22:54 - Sep 10 by chrismakin

Oooo decided to come out from behind your downvotes have you... good to see it was worth it I'm sure joe will be thankful for your support

Joe couldn't give a toss about my perceived support and my intention wasn't to offer it in any case. You're just an endless stream of tedium, apparently so desperate to get some recognition on a provincial football forum that you pursue some imagined beef with a fellow fan who actually has some respect. It's pathetic to be honest with you. To think some of the posters we've lost lately and we're still stuck with you.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 23:25]

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:21 - Sep 10 with 2103 viewsitfcjoe

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:18 - Sep 10 by Herbivore

Joe couldn't give a toss about my perceived support and my intention wasn't to offer it in any case. You're just an endless stream of tedium, apparently so desperate to get some recognition on a provincial football forum that you pursue some imagined beef with a fellow fan who actually has some respect. It's pathetic to be honest with you. To think some of the posters we've lost lately and we're still stuck with you.

Beef with a fellow fan who has had him on ignore for months, which he knows full well about and still follows me round - it’s beyond weird.

I hear from Newcy semi regularly, and like PJH doesn’t post here because of the same poster, don’t need 2 guesses to work out who that is.

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:30 - Sep 10 with 2056 viewschrismakin

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:18 - Sep 10 by Herbivore

True. I do miss plug. He was pushed out by 'The group'

Its funny. You've just said I'm pursuing some beef with a fan... whilst he ( a respected poster you just said) admitted that that was his intention of his post to dig at other fans... where as your happy with his but not someone who doesnt sit in your 'group'

You dont have to be stuck with me. I'd have stopped posting 30 minutes on this thread.. but you felt like fishing for up votes so here I am responding to your delightful replies.

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:34 - Sep 10 with 2045 viewschrismakin

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:12 - Sep 10 by Coastalblue

Mate I've come on here and defended you on occasion because I think you get a raw deal at times but lately you seem in danger of actually turning into the poster some accuse you of being.

Stick to your support of PC and system etc, don't get sucked into digs with other people, you're never going to win that and there's no need for it.

Appreciate where you're coming from CB. All in good spirits.

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:34 - Sep 10 with 2044 viewschrismakin

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:34 - Sep 10 with 2040 viewschrismakin

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:36 - Sep 10 with 2041 viewsHerbivore

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:30 - Sep 10 by chrismakin

True. I do miss plug. He was pushed out by 'The group'

Its funny. You've just said I'm pursuing some beef with a fan... whilst he ( a respected poster you just said) admitted that that was his intention of his post to dig at other fans... where as your happy with his but not someone who doesnt sit in your 'group'

You dont have to be stuck with me. I'd have stopped posting 30 minutes on this thread.. but you felt like fishing for up votes so here I am responding to your delightful replies.

We do have to be stuck with you because you never fooking stop. It's tedious. You're tedious.

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:42 - Sep 10 with 2015 viewschrismakin

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:36 - Sep 10 by Herbivore

We do have to be stuck with you because you never fooking stop. It's tedious. You're tedious.

Funny really. Been fairly busy this week. Hardly been on until this evening but you do forget things.

One way to not be stuck herbz. Ignore function..

Just dont then cry that your public forum posts are still viewed and commented on.. after all posts are there to be viewed and commented on. Otherwise why make them...

A tough day for some on the board.... on 02:17 - Sep 11 with 1892 viewstextbackup

A tough day for some on the board.... on 23:21 - Sep 10 by itfcjoe

Beef with a fellow fan who has had him on ignore for months, which he knows full well about and still follows me round - it’s beyond weird.

I hear from Newcy semi regularly, and like PJH doesn’t post here because of the same poster, don’t need 2 guesses to work out who that is.

they don't post on here, because of a forum user, they've heard of the ignore button, right?
seems a bit extreme.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A tough day for some on the board.... on 08:20 - Sep 11 with 1799 viewsHerbivore

A tough day for some on the board.... on 02:17 - Sep 11 by textbackup

they don't post on here, because of a forum user, they've heard of the ignore button, right?
seems a bit extreme.

I've now employed it, which I generally don't tend to do. It does mess up the board a bit using the ignore function, especially when certain jeb-ends post so prolifically.

A tough day for some on the board.... on 10:52 - Sep 11 with 1689 viewsbluejacko

A tough day for some on the board.... on 18:42 - Sep 10 by Trequartista

Pity he didn't rate Celina highly enough to pick him ahead of a declining Sears on the wing.

Strange isn’t it? We were all calling for him to play yet McCarthy wouldn’t bring him on!
Yet now he is now saying how good he is!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 10:54]
A tough day for some on the board.... on 10:56 - Sep 11 with 1678 viewsbraveblue

Nonsense post. Get over it.
A tough day for some on the board.... on 12:37 - Sep 11 with 1617 viewsJ2BLUE

+1

I like you CM, but the Joe obsession is strange and unnecessary.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024