Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr.Cook an open letter 00:23 - Sep 15 with 4921 viewsChocorange

Having watched every match this season , I have been patient but I am beginning to question you .
There is little sign of improvement , things are getting worse.

And here’s why .

1. There is no closing down from anyone anywhere on the pitch , not the forwards , the wingers , the midfield or even the defence. Opposition players have wayyy too much space, I could pick a pass the time they are given.
2. The full backs are so far forward , that we are often left with 2 centre half’s a keeper and a midfield that does not tackle or close down ( Morsy excepted ) versus the opposition, it’s no wonder we concede goal after goal.
3. Are you trying to fit in players that Ashton bought that were not your choice ? See my other thread . If so pick your players and your team to do the job you need doing.
4. The first few game’s we were a touch unlucky , but the more recent ones we have been deservedly beaten .
5. Do you need a def coach? Cos this team don’t have a clue how to defend .
6. And from tonight why did Carroll take every free kick and corner without creating any threat when El Miz is on the field and has prev done this well? Where was the leadership?

I get that you may be finding it tough right now in your personal life , ( my condolences) , but if you are finding that tough to not be able to work , you need to stand aside, the team has looked well beaten recently , so you are doing no one least of all yourself any favours by doing half a job.

I also get that this formation has served you well all your career , but two thoughts , it blatantly isn’t working here , so giving you credit for your past successes and as an intelligent manager , you may have seen this pattern of poor performance and results before and know that it’s going to get better , but ask yourself …, all formations have their time, nothing works forever … have opponents found the answer to it ….. and going back to my first point , there are very few formations that succeed without the hard work of closing down and tracking back , of putting pressure on opponents and making them make errors.

This is also a huge opportunity for you and your career , more backing then you have ever had before , backing that could take your career all the way to the top… it’s time to work hard and get results or you could easily find yourself at a much lesser league 1 or league 2 team as the next stop in your career.

There is much for you to think about , work on and solve.
Hard work not luck and sitting back brings results , no day off this week, the time is now!
Mr.Cook an open letter on 03:46 - Sep 15 with 4689 viewsStenvict

The 'only 1 formation' is an issue. It's clear we need more defensive cover if our full backs are so far forward. Although the game was over against Bolton by the time Jackson came on, it just shows how stubborn PC is that he brings him on as a winger rather than go to up top with Bonne and Piggott.

Good managers change and adapt formations when things aren't going well, Rafa Benitez and Everton on Monday night being a prime example.

Time for the Gareth Southgate defensive formation of 5-2-3 I think.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Mr.Cook an open letter on 05:09 - Sep 15 with 4622 viewsIPS_wich

Mr.Cook an open letter on 03:46 - Sep 15 by Stenvict

The 'only 1 formation' is an issue. It's clear we need more defensive cover if our full backs are so far forward. Although the game was over against Bolton by the time Jackson came on, it just shows how stubborn PC is that he brings him on as a winger rather than go to up top with Bonne and Piggott.

Good managers change and adapt formations when things aren't going well, Rafa Benitez and Everton on Monday night being a prime example.

On your last point - good god please no - England okay the most tedious brand of football I’ve ever seen. It’s utter dross - successful, but it’s almost unwatchable.
Mr.Cook an open letter on 06:47 - Sep 15 with 4428 viewsTractorWood

Mr.Cook an open letter on 05:09 - Sep 15 by IPS_wich

On your last point - good god please no - England okay the most tedious brand of football I’ve ever seen. It’s utter dross - successful, but it’s almost unwatchable.

Unwatchable? The 2nd half in the Germany game was one of the best displays I've ever seen.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Mr.Cook an open letter on 06:47 - Sep 15 with 4428 viewssaffers12

it is successful

That is all I want

Otherwise seriously with no changes it is league 2
Mr.Cook an open letter on 06:52 - Sep 15 with 4388 viewsStewart27

That is absolute rubbish.

If you think England play rubbish football then you have no football brain.
Mr.Cook an open letter on 07:31 - Sep 15 with 4190 viewsIPS_wich

Mr.Cook an open letter on 06:52 - Sep 15 by Stewart27

That is absolute rubbish.

If you think England play rubbish football then you have no football brain.

I never said England play rubbish football, I said they play tedious football that is absolute dross to watch. The same accusation was levelled at the successful Spanish side of 10 years ago.

During the Euros the headline in the national press down under was 'England make the Euro final after boring the opposition into submission' - not my words, but I couldn't agree more.

Now, when it comes to an international tournament my view is that it's success at all costs, so I had no issue whatsoever of how we played to get to the final for the first time in my lifetime - but do I want to watch my club side play like that week in week out - no, no I don't.

As for whether I've got a football brain - maybe you don't need to have a football brain to be a decent player - but I did manage to play for school, county (Suffolk), University and then for two seasons in the eighth tier (including one game in the early qualifying for the FA Cup and two FA Vase games).
Mr.Cook an open letter on 07:43 - Sep 15 with 4092 viewsfergalsharkey

You sir are an idiot.

England unwatchable?

This is the problem folks when twots are allowed a voice.

Poll: Cook out?

Mr.Cook an open letter on 07:53 - Sep 15 with 4027 viewsfergalsharkey

Mr.Cook an open letter on 07:31 - Sep 15 by IPS_wich

I never said England play rubbish football, I said they play tedious football that is absolute dross to watch. The same accusation was levelled at the successful Spanish side of 10 years ago.

During the Euros the headline in the national press down under was 'England make the Euro final after boring the opposition into submission' - not my words, but I couldn't agree more.

Now, when it comes to an international tournament my view is that it's success at all costs, so I had no issue whatsoever of how we played to get to the final for the first time in my lifetime - but do I want to watch my club side play like that week in week out - no, no I don't.

As for whether I've got a football brain - maybe you don't need to have a football brain to be a decent player - but I did manage to play for school, county (Suffolk), University and then for two seasons in the eighth tier (including one game in the early qualifying for the FA Cup and two FA Vase games).

So you were bang average then.

Tell me , how should England play?

Give away possession even though they have the ability to retain it , should they bang it forward predictably every time they get it?

Should they play a rigid 442 and invite other teams to come at us and play on the counter?

I want to know what you want?
When you have the players that have the ability to keep possession you use it.
It don’t happen very often, even in you early rounds of the vase days 😥🤤

Poll: Cook out?

Login to get fewer ads

Mr.Cook an open letter on 08:35 - Sep 15 with 3844 viewsBlueySwede

Mr.Cook an open letter on 07:31 - Sep 15 by IPS_wich

Sweden fan here.
England played the best football for a very long time, every Swedish fan I talked to was very impressed with them during the Euros.
So calling the football they played tedious is very unfair.
Mr.Cook an open letter on 08:52 - Sep 15 with 3796 viewsWickets

Mr.Cook an open letter on 06:47 - Sep 15 by TractorWood

Unwatchable? The 2nd half in the Germany game was one of the best displays I've ever seen.

Yes and we can only dream of midfielders who put in the sort of effort Rice and Phillips do . Compare our half hearted lot to them !
Mr.Cook an open letter on 08:57 - Sep 15 with 3758 viewsBlueOsterClub

Mr.Cook an open letter on 03:46 - Sep 15 by Stenvict

You have picked a formation with 11 Outfield players? The extra player would come in handy I must admit.
Mr.Cook an open letter on 09:01 - Sep 15 with 3737 viewshype313

Mr.Cook an open letter on 08:57 - Sep 15 by BlueOsterClub

You have picked a formation with 11 Outfield players? The extra player would come in handy I must admit.

I'm not the best at maths but 5-2-3 equals 10 doesn't it?

Or am I missing something....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Mr.Cook an open letter on 09:06 - Sep 15 with 3700 viewsartsbossbeard

Come back Keanish, all is forgiven.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mr.Cook an open letter on 09:08 - Sep 15 with 3692 viewsNthQldITFC

Formations aren't either exciting or tedious per se, any more than they are a rigid and unchanging structure. They just provide an outline for how a team plays, and you need to find one that is roughly suitable for the set of players you have in your squad. At the moment we seem to have a massive mismatch here, and we need to to try something different, unless Morsy can suddenly get the defensive bit of the 'two' working. 5-2-3 could potentially work quite well with the players we have.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Mr.Cook an open letter on 09:50 - Sep 15 with 3549 viewsTractorWood

Mr.Cook an open letter on 08:52 - Sep 15 by Wickets

Yes and we can only dream of midfielders who put in the sort of effort Rice and Phillips do . Compare our half hearted lot to them !

We lost on penalties in a major tournament 2 months ago. Any comparison between that and Ipswich losing to West Ham's teens in the Pepperoni passion cup is utterly ridiculous.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Mr.Cook an open letter on 12:37 - Sep 15 with 3372 viewsStenvict

Mr.Cook an open letter on 08:57 - Sep 15 by BlueOsterClub

It's an 'i' after the 3 not a one, as I said 'I think'

Poll: What will be announced first?

Mr.Cook an open letter on 13:41 - Sep 15 with 3240 viewsJ2BLUE

An open letter where you don't even use proper English.

Poor effort.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mr.Cook an open letter on 13:58 - Sep 15 with 3176 viewsStirlingArcher

Mr.Cook an open letter on 06:47 - Sep 15 by saffers12

it is successful

That is all I want

Otherwise seriously with no changes it is league 2

Is that why the fans started singing "your football is sh1te" at MM?

we were successful* then

*by the standards of the last 10 years and i'm sure mid table championship would be successful by this standard
Mr.Cook an open letter on 15:07 - Sep 15 with 3079 views44_not_out

But is it really an open letter? More like a post on a football forum
Mr.Cook an open letter on 19:23 - Sep 15 with 2885 viewsmonkeymagic

Mr.Cook an open letter on 07:53 - Sep 15 by fergalsharkey

So you were bang average then.

Tell me , how should England play?

Give away possession even though they have the ability to retain it , should they bang it forward predictably every time they get it?

Should they play a rigid 442 and invite other teams to come at us and play on the counter?

I want to know what you want?
When you have the players that have the ability to keep possession you use it.
It don’t happen very often, even in you early rounds of the vase days 😥🤤

Jesus, 2 seasons in the eighth tier is bang average? I’ve genuinely bigged up my football ‘achievements’ to my son on the basis of making a handful of appearances in the Essex Border League Division One : It’s quite depressing to have that put into context!
Mr.Cook an open letter on 20:32 - Sep 15 with 2766 viewsHARRY10

Cook has been here 6 months

We are not a team in mid table, where the rub of the green, bad refereeing decisions have denied us the points that should have us in the top six.

As the reality play has been a shambles and the squad a disappointment, at best. So much for the supposed squillions* that were to bring in the cream of the divisions outside of the PL. Most are bang average, with some needing to be 'returned to sender' asap.

These are players signed by Cook, overseen by Ashton and no doubt identified by the new all singing, all dancing recruitment team - and I wonder what number crunching, mumbo jumbo directed them to Hladky ?

The idea that after 6 months Cook will suddenly happen upon a winning formula is in the same realms of self delusion that has Gemma Collins thinking she is attractive (to fellow walruses, perhaps).

Both Walton and Morsy appear to be last minute corrections to cover evident failings. The squad more resembles a 'jobs for the boys' gang, who Cook is now struggling to create a winning team out of - rather than players being identified and brought in to fulfil certain roles. How on earth have we ended up with three 'first team' keepers ?

International teams seem to fare well enough, without the need of weeks and weeks training together - so why not this lot ? My thought is that neither Cook, his coaches nor the squad are up to it - apportion the percentage of blame as you wish.

* "Chief Investment Officer for the Arizona PSPRS Trust, Mark Steed, posted a link to a story of the takeover on Twitter and wrote: "God have mercy on League One, because we won’t. COYB!!!"
Mr.Cook an open letter on 21:17 - Sep 15 with 2673 viewsthegloryyears

Mr.Cook an open letter on 20:32 - Sep 15 by HARRY10

We are not a team in mid table, where the rub of the green, bad refereeing decisions have denied us the points that should have us in the top six.

As the reality play has been a shambles and the squad a disappointment, at best. So much for the supposed squillions* that were to bring in the cream of the divisions outside of the PL. Most are bang average, with some needing to be 'returned to sender' asap.

These are players signed by Cook, overseen by Ashton and no doubt identified by the new all singing, all dancing recruitment team - and I wonder what number crunching, mumbo jumbo directed them to Hladky ?

The idea that after 6 months Cook will suddenly happen upon a winning formula is in the same realms of self delusion that has Gemma Collins thinking she is attractive (to fellow walruses, perhaps).

Both Walton and Morsy appear to be last minute corrections to cover evident failings. The squad more resembles a 'jobs for the boys' gang, who Cook is now struggling to create a winning team out of - rather than players being identified and brought in to fulfil certain roles. How on earth have we ended up with three 'first team' keepers ?

International teams seem to fare well enough, without the need of weeks and weeks training together - so why not this lot ? My thought is that neither Cook, his coaches nor the squad are up to it - apportion the percentage of blame as you wish.

* "Chief Investment Officer for the Arizona PSPRS Trust, Mark Steed, posted a link to a story of the takeover on Twitter and wrote: "God have mercy on League One, because we won’t. COYB!!!"

This is also a huge opportunity for you and your career , more backing then you have ever had before , backing that could take your career all the way to the top… ............

yes he is just 1 step away from Manging a Real Madrid or Liverpool.....
Mr.Cook an open letter on 23:09 - Sep 15 with 2485 viewsChocorange

Mr.Cook an open letter on 20:32 - Sep 15 by HARRY10

Have an uppie , for the ref to Gemma Collins and fellow walruses
Mr.Cook an open letter on 10:36 - Sep 17 with 2226 viewsWickets

Mr.Cook an open letter on 09:50 - Sep 15 by TractorWood

We lost on penalties in a major tournament 2 months ago. Any comparison between that and Ipswich losing to West Ham's teens in the Pepperoni passion cup is utterly ridiculous.

Rubbish as we can compare players individual effort at any standard .
Mr.Cook an open letter on 12:40 - Sep 17 with 2139 viewsElephantintheRoom

Aham. The club has been taken over by some USA chancers with borrowed money. A gang of freeloaders have been installed fronted by an extra from The Office. The entire squad has been dismembered - and there wasn't a single product of the 'much-vaunted Ipswich academy' nor hardly anybody here more than 3 months in the shambolic bloated squad last weekend and you are concerned about pressing and full backs?

Last season Cook showed himself to be an arrogant and deluded idiot with apparently not the remotest clue about man management. Nothing much seems to have changed this season - and Cook's apparent incompetence is probably the least of the club's current problems, given the phantom ownership, industrial-scale assembly of opportunistic yes-men, a mismatched and confused squad - and a bean counter in Ohio occasionally looking at the spreadsheet forwarded from Phoenix and/or Tucson.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024