Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What were you doing 48 years ago today? 09:23 - Sep 19 with 3201 viewsITFC_nostalgia

I guess the answer for most of us is “not existing” but for some lucky TWTDers the answer would be “watching Real Madrid play at Portman Rd”….

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT9elwqIuM8/?utm_medium=copy_link

ps. That is our 100th post. Thank you to all on here who’ve provided memories, facts, suggestions and positive comments about our posts.
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 18:17 - Sep 19 with 811 viewschrismakin

I was that mistake my dad was always worried he'd make.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 19:00 - Sep 19 with 776 viewsfloridablue

I was there, and to this day still annoyed with myself that I didn't go to the away European games that season (handful of my mates did!). My first was the Feyennord away the next season.
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 19:49 - Sep 19 with 748 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Took the train home from university to see that one. Not sure I had any notion how rare such days would be!
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 16:43]

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 19:54 - Sep 19 with 747 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Took the train home from university in Scotland just to watch that game, and headed straight back next day. Tiring but exhilarating. Not sure I had any notion how rare such nights would be.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 20:04 - Sep 19 with 730 viewsbluebudgie

Was so proud and privileged to have been there and to witness how The Town was evolving into one of the best teams in Europe. Halcyon days indeed
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 20:53 - Sep 19 with 698 viewsFtnfwest

What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 14:43 - Sep 19 by norfsufblue

Me too , in fact I know my first game was the following Saturday v Burnley which we won 3-2 and I fell in love with The Town.. so on Wednesday that will be my 48th anniversary then

Wasn’t local so first game was a couple of years later but the die was cast around that time!
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 22:28 - Sep 19 with 671 viewsnorth_stand77

I was there, standing to the left side of the North Stand. A small group of us would always meet up there.

Don't think I really properly understood the magnitude of the game tho at the time!
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 09:33 - Sep 20 with 612 viewsFPL_Tractor

What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 09:37 - Sep 19 by urbanblue

I was there standing in the west stand on the green stool that my old man had made for me.

I remember being excited to see Gunter Netzer play but not much else ...

Is Netzer one of those great players who is hardly mentioned these days? Was he up there with the best? I’m hardly aware of him.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Login to get fewer ads

What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 10:11 - Sep 20 with 609 viewsnorfsufblue

What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 09:33 - Sep 20 by FPL_Tractor

Is Netzer one of those great players who is hardly mentioned these days? Was he up there with the best? I’m hardly aware of him.

Absolutely....I seem to recall England got beat by West Germany at Wembley 3-1 and him being in the team that ran rings round us... had a fearsome shot too
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 13:26 - Sep 20 with 587 viewsmylittletown

What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 10:11 - Sep 20 by norfsufblue

Absolutely....I seem to recall England got beat by West Germany at Wembley 3-1 and him being in the team that ran rings round us... had a fearsome shot too

Agreed, that Netzer performance at Wembley was really something. It wasn't just his passing which was terrific, but in an era where players like him tended to get kicked into oblivion, he also had a enough of a hard edge as well.
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 13:50 - Sep 20 with 567 viewsGogs

Being conceived? I was born 20/6/74
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 16:28 - Sep 20 with 534 viewsEKBlue65

In the West Stand, standing on a crate.
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 16:50 - Sep 20 with 518 viewsblueislander

What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 10:11 - Sep 20 by norfsufblue

I was at Wembley for that match. England were outclassed.
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 17:50 - Sep 20 with 508 viewsericclacton

I was a Bunny Girl at the Playboy Club in london.

What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 19:06 - Sep 20 with 472 viewsBlue1973

Getting ready to enter the world, it's my birthday tomorrow!
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 19:15 - Sep 20 with 460 viewsswede

48 years! Wow! I was in the Churchmans as usual with my brother, standing behind the goal on our wooden stool. I was 15, my brother 11. Our first European game.
What were you doing 48 years ago today? on 09:12 - Sep 21 with 407 viewsArnieM

I think I’ve still got the programme …… I loved our European nights under the Portman Road lights . Bloody magical . I stood down at the front of the North Stand in those days ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024