Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… 17:26 - Sep 29 with 6897 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/aldis-new-vegan-bacon-sparks-25093016

Oh wait.

It’s all rather ironic that this toxic image of masculinity through buying pre-packaged dead animals one didn’t even kill themselves can be so triggered by a word that has seperated us to feel less guilty about eating strips of pig in the first place.

As I said to Lagos this week, if this is how the majority think the planet is f**ked. Luckily from my personal perspective these arguments are getting dumber and those making them are closer to a minority. I hope anyway.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 17:26]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:16 - Sep 30 with 736 viewsartsbossbeard

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:12 - Sep 30 by Digger77

Are saying that none die? You're not being very clear here. I understand its difficult to admit for you guys, especially the smug ones!

Insects lives matter!

I'm far from preachy or smug on this subject as my family and friends will advise.

I've simply chosen not to eat meat, what you do is up to you.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:17 - Sep 30 with 731 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:12 - Sep 30 by Digger77

Are saying that none die? You're not being very clear here. I understand its difficult to admit for you guys, especially the smug ones!

Insects lives matter!

Jesus wept. You aren't worth my time, I've wiped better off my shoe.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:17 - Sep 30 with 727 viewsJ2BLUE

Insects lives matter!

This is such a stupid argument. Vegans choose not to needlessly kill animals for food. Obviously some animals are killed because humans need to eat.

Who kills more animals, the vegan or the meat eater who is eating an animal which was fed massive amounts of grain/soy etc?

Are we counting animals killed by clearing forests for cattle?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:41 - Sep 30 with 665 viewsDigger77

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:17 - Sep 30 by J2BLUE

This is such a stupid argument. Vegans choose not to needlessly kill animals for food. Obviously some animals are killed because humans need to eat.

Who kills more animals, the vegan or the meat eater who is eating an animal which was fed massive amounts of grain/soy etc?

Are we counting animals killed by clearing forests for cattle?

https://plantbasednews.org/culture/billions-animals-killed-growing-crops/
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:45 - Sep 30 with 654 viewsMerseyBlue

I'd be interested in giving this a try - I remember having the quorn bacon 5-10 years ago and thinking it was dreadful, although maybe that has also improved in recent times?

I quite enjoy quorn mince and have had the "chicken" nuggets/goujons on a couple of occasions and thought they were pretty decent too. The fact that this Aldi "bacon" looks a bit more like bacon is promising so worth a try.

Vegetarianism and veganism certainly appeal to me from a moral perspective but meat and dairy is an addiction at this point. I couldn't imagine not eating bacon, steak, or cheese again, as selfish as that is. I'm not sure I could ever give up eggs.

I have made a conscious effort in recent years to use vegan alternatives more, which has definitely reduced the amount of meat and dairy in my diet, but they are still big components. I would like to take it further at some point but think that will require me to have a bit of land for some chickens at the very least.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:47 - Sep 30 with 649 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:41 - Sep 30 by Digger77

From the article you've just posted:

"If you want to reduce your overall impact on animal suffering and death — as well as reducing your food related carbon footprint — then veganism is the best ‘off the shelf’ diet to choose. If you eat animal products then even more animals will be killed to feed you."

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:50 - Sep 30 with 632 viewsDanTheMan

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:47 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

"If you want to reduce your overall impact on animal suffering and death — as well as reducing your food related carbon footprint — then veganism is the best ‘off the shelf’ diet to choose. If you eat animal products then even more animals will be killed to feed you."

Some of the reviews for that farmers book are... interesting.

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/46061983-on-eating-meat

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:54 - Sep 30 with 608 viewsDigger77

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:47 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

So we're in agreement that vegans are responsible for killing a lot of sentient beings. A difficult thing to admit probably, but we got there in the end!
Login to get fewer ads

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:58 - Sep 30 with 593 viewsDanTheMan

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:54 - Sep 30 by Digger77

So we're in agreement that vegans are responsible for killing a lot of sentient beings. A difficult thing to admit probably, but we got there in the end!

I'm not sure that's as big as a "gotcha" as you think it is.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:01 - Sep 30 with 577 viewsleitrimblue

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:54 - Sep 30 by Digger77

What's yer favorite insect Digs?
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:02 - Sep 30 with 570 viewslowhouseblue

are you sure you're not thinking of vogons?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:02 - Sep 30 with 566 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:58 - Sep 30 by DanTheMan

I think he's only just learnt how to do a standing up wee wee, this is high brow stuff in his world.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:03 - Sep 30 with 557 viewsDigger77

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:58 - Sep 30 by DanTheMan

"I went veggie as I no longer desired an animal to die to form part of my lunch."

Well, they do. Lots of them. Not fluffy ones though.
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:06 - Sep 30 with 518 viewsartsbossbeard

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:03 - Sep 30 by Digger77

"I went veggie as I no longer desired an animal to die to form part of my lunch."

Christ fella. You're a loon.

I bid you good day.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:06 - Sep 30 with 518 viewsEwan_Oozami

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:02 - Sep 30 by lowhouseblue

are you sure you're not thinking of vogons?

As long as they don't read any of their poetry....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:07 - Sep 30 with 510 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:03 - Sep 30 by Digger77

Absolute moron.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:07 - Sep 30 with 510 viewsEwan_Oozami

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:41 - Sep 30 by Digger77

https://www.surgeactivism.org/articles/debunked-do-vegans-kill-more-animals-thro

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:08 - Sep 30 with 508 viewsMerseyBlue

Even if 'lots of them' still die, surely the fact that overall, less animals die is a good thing? I don't think anyone on here is claiming to be perfect, just that they are trying to be better.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:08 - Sep 30 with 503 viewsDigger77

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:02 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

I think he's only just learnt how to do a standing up wee wee, this is high brow stuff in his world.

Just heard this on the radio recently, and thought it was interesting. I understand its awkward for you... It was for the preachy vegan on the radio too!
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:10 - Sep 30 with 490 viewsDigger77

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:07 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

Absolute moron.

Brilliant. I've clearly touched a nerve so will leave it there.
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:25 - Sep 30 with 429 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:07 - Sep 30 by Ewan_Oozami

https://www.surgeactivism.org/articles/debunked-do-vegans-kill-more-animals-thro

Someone call the police, there's been a murder up in here.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:26 - Sep 30 with 425 viewsJ2BLUE

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:08 - Sep 30 by Digger77

Just heard this on the radio recently, and thought it was interesting. I understand its awkward for you... It was for the preachy vegan on the radio too!

How is it awkward? It's an argument very easily shot down that you are desperately clinging to.

Truly impaired.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:27 - Sep 30 with 425 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:10 - Sep 30 by Digger77

Brilliant. I've clearly touched a nerve so will leave it there.

No nerve touched, I just think - with justification - that you're an absolute moron.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:27 - Sep 30 with 421 viewsJ2BLUE

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:45 - Sep 30 by MerseyBlue

I'd be interested in giving this a try - I remember having the quorn bacon 5-10 years ago and thinking it was dreadful, although maybe that has also improved in recent times?

I quite enjoy quorn mince and have had the "chicken" nuggets/goujons on a couple of occasions and thought they were pretty decent too. The fact that this Aldi "bacon" looks a bit more like bacon is promising so worth a try.

Vegetarianism and veganism certainly appeal to me from a moral perspective but meat and dairy is an addiction at this point. I couldn't imagine not eating bacon, steak, or cheese again, as selfish as that is. I'm not sure I could ever give up eggs.

I have made a conscious effort in recent years to use vegan alternatives more, which has definitely reduced the amount of meat and dairy in my diet, but they are still big components. I would like to take it further at some point but think that will require me to have a bit of land for some chickens at the very least.

Definitely try the vegan bacon but don't get your hopes up. I was very happy to see Costa had a vegan bacon roll but it's awful. Like hot, thick, chewy Quorn ham.

Truly impaired.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:28 - Sep 30 with 416 viewshype313

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:27 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

No nerve touched, I just think - with justification - that you're an absolute moron.

You're arguing with an Anti-Vaxxer.

Waste of your keyboard.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024