Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… 17:26 - Sep 29 with 6894 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/aldis-new-vegan-bacon-sparks-25093016

Oh wait.

It’s all rather ironic that this toxic image of masculinity through buying pre-packaged dead animals one didn’t even kill themselves can be so triggered by a word that has seperated us to feel less guilty about eating strips of pig in the first place.

As I said to Lagos this week, if this is how the majority think the planet is f**ked. Luckily from my personal perspective these arguments are getting dumber and those making them are closer to a minority. I hope anyway.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 17:26]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:29 - Sep 30 with 1470 viewsDigger77

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:27 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

No nerve touched, I just think - with justification - that you're an absolute moron.

Ok Mr Angry. Carry on!
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:31 - Sep 30 with 1460 viewsDigger77

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:28 - Sep 30 by hype313

You're arguing with an Anti-Vaxxer.

Waste of your keyboard.

I'm double jabbed, so the crappest anti-vaxxer ever!
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:33 - Sep 30 with 1443 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:27 - Sep 30 by J2BLUE

Definitely try the vegan bacon but don't get your hopes up. I was very happy to see Costa had a vegan bacon roll but it's awful. Like hot, thick, chewy Quorn ham.

The shop bought vegan bacon alternatives aren't very good, I had one the other day when out for brunch and it wasn't unpleasant but it wasn't especially enjoyable either.

However, I make my own tofu bacon at home and it's very nice. Get some Tofoo Co smoked tofu, slice it very thinly and pat the slices dry, sprinkle over a little smoked paprika, salt, and pepper, then fry them in a hot pan with some oil. They crisp up nicely without going tough. My partner isn't vegan and she used to get bacon in every now and then for a bacon sarnie, but she no longer does as she prefers the tofu bacon.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:01 - Sep 30 with 1393 viewsFBI

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 11:54 - Sep 30 by Digger77

So we're in agreement that vegans are responsible for killing a lot of sentient beings. A difficult thing to admit probably, but we got there in the end!

You're just being a dick for the sake of it. Grow up.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:06 - Sep 30 with 1380 viewsDanTheMan

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:33 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

The shop bought vegan bacon alternatives aren't very good, I had one the other day when out for brunch and it wasn't unpleasant but it wasn't especially enjoyable either.

However, I make my own tofu bacon at home and it's very nice. Get some Tofoo Co smoked tofu, slice it very thinly and pat the slices dry, sprinkle over a little smoked paprika, salt, and pepper, then fry them in a hot pan with some oil. They crisp up nicely without going tough. My partner isn't vegan and she used to get bacon in every now and then for a bacon sarnie, but she no longer does as she prefers the tofu bacon.

I think I've made something very similar. Whilst I prefer bacon, it is still very nice in a sandwich.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:07 - Sep 30 with 1376 viewsMerseyBlue

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:27 - Sep 30 by J2BLUE

Definitely try the vegan bacon but don't get your hopes up. I was very happy to see Costa had a vegan bacon roll but it's awful. Like hot, thick, chewy Quorn ham.

I think as long as it surpasses the quorn bacon I had many years ago, I'll be relatively happy - I'll report back after a few attempts to give a fair picture

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:08 - Sep 30 with 1370 viewsMerseyBlue

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:33 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

That sounds genuinely delicious - will definitely be giving that a try.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:10 - Sep 30 with 1365 viewshype313

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:07 - Sep 30 by MerseyBlue

I think as long as it surpasses the quorn bacon I had many years ago, I'll be relatively happy - I'll report back after a few attempts to give a fair picture

Years and years ago my step brother used to get Sosmix, even as a meat eater I used to love the stuff, not sure if it's still around, but even 25 years ago it still tasted better than most of the stuff we see these days.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:14 - Sep 30 with 1357 viewsMerseyBlue

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:10 - Sep 30 by hype313

Years and years ago my step brother used to get Sosmix, even as a meat eater I used to love the stuff, not sure if it's still around, but even 25 years ago it still tasted better than most of the stuff we see these days.

Never had that myself but it does still seem to exist for purchase online, although seems like it mostly comes in 10kg bags. Have seen a couple that are 1kg so could be worth a look in to see if it lives up to your recommendation!

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:20 - Sep 30 with 1343 viewshype313

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:14 - Sep 30 by MerseyBlue

Never had that myself but it does still seem to exist for purchase online, although seems like it mostly comes in 10kg bags. Have seen a couple that are 1kg so could be worth a look in to see if it lives up to your recommendation!

It's the closest thing to meat replacement I have found, incredibly versatile stuff too.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:31 - Sep 30 with 1318 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:10 - Sep 30 by hype313

I haven't had Sosmix in years! I think some supermarkets still do it. It's really good, used to add some herbs and spices and make patties with it. I might have to get some if I see some.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:49 - Sep 30 with 1291 viewsLeaky

You cant beat a strip of pig as long as its smoked. Howerver I cant see the point in me killing a pig just for one or two slices of bacon.
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:51 - Sep 30 with 1276 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:49 - Sep 30 by Leaky

You cant beat a strip of pig as long as its smoked. Howerver I cant see the point in me killing a pig just for one or two slices of bacon.

How many pigs have you killed by your own hand?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:57 - Sep 30 with 1264 viewsLeaky

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:51 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

How many pigs have you killed by your own hand?

None as it would be illegal, however my father was a butcher so have witnesses slaughtering of pigs first hand. I was told to eat meat you need to see how its produced. Must admit it was done humanely.
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 14:23 - Sep 30 with 1220 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:57 - Sep 30 by Leaky

None as it would be illegal, however my father was a butcher so have witnesses slaughtering of pigs first hand. I was told to eat meat you need to see how its produced. Must admit it was done humanely.

Fair play that you've been up close and personal with it. I wouldn't be against anyone who eats meat having to be invovled in the process of it at least once. I think most people are very detached from what they're eating, there's a lot of cognitive dissonance that takes place.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 14:38 - Sep 30 with 1185 viewshype313

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 13:31 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

I haven't had Sosmix in years! I think some supermarkets still do it. It's really good, used to add some herbs and spices and make patties with it. I might have to get some if I see some.

This is the only place I can see that sells it these days.

https://www.alternativestores.com/original-sosmix-vegan-sausage-mix-1kg-bag

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 14:50 - Sep 30 with 1168 viewsDanTheMan

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 14:38 - Sep 30 by hype313

Argh, they've always got bloody wheat in them.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 15:28 - Sep 30 with 1118 viewshype313

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 14:50 - Sep 30 by DanTheMan

Argh, they've always got bloody wheat in them.

Yeah, sorry, not ideal for Coeliac's, yet again.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 15:33 - Sep 30 with 1106 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 14:38 - Sep 30 by hype313

I might have to order some.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:07 - Sep 30 with 1012 viewsFattyBoomBoom

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:31 - Sep 29 by giant_stow

Firstly, can I just quickly say this doesn't wind me up at all, but I've always wondered why veggies want plant equivalents to look like meat? Especially those who stop eating meat because they hate animal cruelty, rather than those who stop because of diet or eco concerns...

Why do vegans want their food to look like meat?

For the same reason people use dildos.

Looks the same, feels the same, fills a hole, no hearts broken in the process.
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:48 - Sep 30 with 986 viewseireblue

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 12:29 - Sep 30 by Digger77

Ok Mr Angry. Carry on!

Hmmmm, still haven’t checked out the definition of veganism from an authoritative source.

You know that does make Herbie’s description of you fact rather than opinion.
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 20:08 - Sep 30 with 969 viewsLeaky

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 14:23 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

Fair play that you've been up close and personal with it. I wouldn't be against anyone who eats meat having to be invovled in the process of it at least once. I think most people are very detached from what they're eating, there's a lot of cognitive dissonance that takes place.

I can also your point of view. Killing animals for food is repulsive. However having been to Africa and seeing how the food chain works, I can assure you I would rather meet my end in a abbortoir than at the hands of a wild dog eating me alive.
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 21:27 - Sep 30 with 935 viewsLord_Lucan

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 08:50 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

Indeed, tofu isn't a meat substitute, in fact in Chinese cooking it's quite common for it to be part of meat based dishes. It's a good source of protein though so does work well in veggie/vegan dishes as a means of providing the protein element of the dish. I eat a fair bit of tofu, meat substitutes are more of an occasional thing.

I get served tofu in China quite a bit. Now I’m sure the stuff can be tasty but the stuff we get served up resembles an oversized sugar lump and is soft and squidgy, they have a tendency to put it in what they call soup (hot water), ironically accompanied with some sort of animal knuckle.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 21:30]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 21:38 - Sep 30 with 911 viewsCoastalblue

I love tofu when it's cut into strips and then cooked so it's crispy on the outside and nice and firm and chewy on the inside, I do a nice one with a sticky sauce over it.

Anybody got any recipes along those lines hit me up, I have a couple of packs in the fridge ready to be eaten.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 21:55 - Sep 30 with 894 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 21:38 - Sep 30 by Coastalblue

I love tofu when it's cut into strips and then cooked so it's crispy on the outside and nice and firm and chewy on the inside, I do a nice one with a sticky sauce over it.

Anybody got any recipes along those lines hit me up, I have a couple of packs in the fridge ready to be eaten.

I've found you can get the same effect from roasting it, lovely and cripsy on the outside but still chewy on the inside. I toss it (wahey!) with a bit of oil, usually sesame for flavour, and a few spices then whack it in the oven for 20-30 mins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024