Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well....having reflected on our start to the season 17:53 - Oct 2 with 6352 viewshomer_123

and the period following Cooks appointment.

That'll do for me, time for a change.

The squad assembled is ridiculous for this level...the backroom is questionable and that really needs to be addressed.

For whatever reason he cannot seem to get us into any kind of consistent form.

I like him, he seems utterly genuine and clearly wants it to work...he has the pedigree but it's not working.

I think we need a change now though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 17:57 - Oct 2 with 3301 viewsBlueBadger

On reflection, Paul Lambert and Paul Jewell seemed like nice blokes as well.

The solution is clearly no more Pauls.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 17:59 - Oct 2 with 3270 viewshomer_123

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 17:57 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

On reflection, Paul Lambert and Paul Jewell seemed like nice blokes as well.

The solution is clearly no more Pauls.

Only for the manager position though.

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:02 - Oct 2 with 3242 viewsN2_Blue

100% agree.

It's been utterly horrendous. Thanks, but no thanks Paul.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:04 - Oct 2 with 3216 viewsSimonds92

I just dont know who an earth would be a better bet. Cooks CV stands out as the most successful manager in the league. Players came here for Cook and if we had any other manager i dont think we'd have been able to attract them to the club. I want us to get out of this league but i really dont want to revert to a Mick style manager now either. I hope we turn the corner because I can't see an alternative.
Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:05 - Oct 2 with 3195 viewshomer_123

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:04 - Oct 2 by Simonds92

I just dont know who an earth would be a better bet. Cooks CV stands out as the most successful manager in the league. Players came here for Cook and if we had any other manager i dont think we'd have been able to attract them to the club. I want us to get out of this league but i really dont want to revert to a Mick style manager now either. I hope we turn the corner because I can't see an alternative.

If they came to 'play' for Cook....then that's a real worry because they are not exactly lighting up this division.

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:05 - Oct 2 with 3196 viewsgordon

The attacking talent is ridiculous, but in the more defensive 6 positions I'm not convinced we've recruited that wisely Morsy aside - and remember that was very last minute, and if that hadn't come off, and we were going to places like Accrington with Carroll/Evans/Harper as our defensive two midfielders we'd be lambs to the slaughter.
Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:05 - Oct 2 with 3201 viewspositivity

two weeks ago, you said he should go if he didn't win any of the next 3.

he won 2 and drew 1 and now you want him out!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:06 - Oct 2 with 3173 viewsjayessess

Not quite there yet. I think having assembled a whole new team with Cook the owners will be hoping to give him the absolute maximum amount of time possible to get things right. The owners will hope this is a hiccup on a steady incline. That said, don't think his head is very far above water at this point.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:08 - Oct 2 with 3162 viewsN2_Blue

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:05 - Oct 2 by positivity

Instead of spending all your time downvoting, care to share your thoughts on Paul Cook and his current performance as ITFC manager after almost 30 games?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:08 - Oct 2 with 3159 viewspennyfathersleg

I’m with you. But I had my doubts last season. We got worse when he took over.

His record with his players and a brand new team this season is worse than last seasons. He said those players weren’t good enough. I think it can now be put on one man. 12 games in and only 2 wins. Not good enough. He should never have broken our defence up from last season - it was the best in the league.
Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:12 - Oct 2 with 3112 viewsitfcjoe

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:04 - Oct 2 by Simonds92

Whatever Cook’s CV is, sometimes you just have to accept things are a bad fit for whatever reason and won’t work - it’s felt that way for a while here.

Managers come and go, our squad is superb, if he can’t get anything out of it then let someone else have a go

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:12 - Oct 2 with 3093 viewspositivity

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:08 - Oct 2 by N2_Blue

Instead of spending all your time downvoting, care to share your thoughts on Paul Cook and his current performance as ITFC manager after almost 30 games?

see my reply to you on tangledup's post

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:13 - Oct 2 with 3085 viewsHARRY10

I cannot believe there is anyone who would have predicted where we are after 10 games. And had it been Wigan on Tues then there is every thought that we would now be bottom.

What was the point of signing Walton ?

As bad as the results have been, it is the performances that give rise to the real concern. Another lacklustre performance today, does not suggest that the squad are about to take the league by storm.

If it is down to players 'not turning up', then it speaks volumes for those responsible for signing them and those responsible for getting the best out of them.

Perhaps this actually is the best out of them

Either way, nothing over the past six months suggests we are going to be in the Chanpionship next season, and i would suspect that Cook and his mates might well be the 'Boys from the Sack Stuff' before Xmas (Jan transfer window).
Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:13 - Oct 2 with 3079 viewshomer_123

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:05 - Oct 2 by positivity

Yep. My view has shifted.

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:14 - Oct 2 with 3072 viewspositivity

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:13 - Oct 2 by homer_123

Yep. My view has shifted.

i wouldn't bet against it shifting again!

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:15 - Oct 2 with 3048 viewsjayessess

The "better bet" stuff I don't really follow. He's currently the worst performing manager in L1, relative to budget, so that's 20 guys who are, as we speak, currently a better bet. The question is whether he'll eventually come good, not who could possibly replace him as he is now.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:16 - Oct 2 with 3048 viewsSimonds92

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:12 - Oct 2 by itfcjoe

Whatever Cook’s CV is, sometimes you just have to accept things are a bad fit for whatever reason and won’t work - it’s felt that way for a while here.

Managers come and go, our squad is superb, if he can’t get anything out of it then let someone else have a go

Its felt like that with every manager we've had for the past 15/16 years.
Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:19 - Oct 2 with 3005 viewshomer_123

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:14 - Oct 2 by positivity

i wouldn't bet against it shifting again!

Genuinely...just not really enough progression for me.

His overall record here is woeful.

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:22 - Oct 2 with 2970 viewsSteve_M

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:16 - Oct 2 by Simonds92

Its felt like that with every manager we've had for the past 15/16 years.

Apart from one…

I think Cook probably gets the rest of tired month but, frankly, if he went now I wouldn’t be bothered.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:25 - Oct 2 with 2928 viewsSimonds92

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:22 - Oct 2 by Steve_M

Apart from one…

I think Cook probably gets the rest of tired month but, frankly, if he went now I wouldn’t be bothered.

Disagree, Mick was successful with us and was the right man for the task in hand. Never the right fit for itfc long term though.
Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:27 - Oct 2 with 2919 viewspositivity

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:19 - Oct 2 by homer_123

Genuinely...just not really enough progression for me.

His overall record here is woeful.

but 7 points in 4 is progress, and his overall record is wonderful, so he might change your mind again, who knows!

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:29 - Oct 2 with 2884 viewspositivity

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:22 - Oct 2 by Steve_M

Apart from one…

i can think of 2, joe royle and jim magilton!

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:29 - Oct 2 with 2881 viewshomer_123

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:27 - Oct 2 by positivity

but 7 points in 4 is progress, and his overall record is wonderful, so he might change your mind again, who knows!

I'm sure that's possible and don't get me wrong.. .I'd love nothing more than to see him succeed.

Sadly it looks, to me, that he's struggling and unlikely to.

Happy to be wrong.

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:30 - Oct 2 with 2858 viewstimothyeo

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:27 - Oct 2 by positivity

Certainly won't change mine. Still not shown hes capable of changing the direction of a game from the sidelines. Even with the ridiculous attacking talent at his disposal.

The bloke has been useless for us.
Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:34 - Oct 2 with 2804 viewshomer_123

Well....having reflected on our start to the season on 18:08 - Oct 2 by pennyfathersleg

I’m with you. But I had my doubts last season. We got worse when he took over.

His record with his players and a brand new team this season is worse than last seasons. He said those players weren’t good enough. I think it can now be put on one man. 12 games in and only 2 wins. Not good enough. He should never have broken our defence up from last season - it was the best in the league.

Something isn't right for sure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024