Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich 12:35 - Oct 24 with 2227 viewsHipsterectomy

for basically being a waste of space at the top level, or that winning the title comes down to how much you thrashed Norwich by in a season for goal difference. Even inoffesnvie pundits like Jenas are calling them an embarrassment to the league.

I think it's pretty harsh as I would fully expect Town to lose a handful of away games 5-0/6-0 in the Prem every season, no matter how good we were.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:19 - Oct 24 with 375 viewsDennyx4

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 14:49 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

Billy Gilmour wasn’t playing for them against his parent club so they probably had to play a new formation.

As a huge Gilmour fan for Scotland, his loan has been going great. It seems like he’s their best player every game but he can’t do enough to stop them losing. At the same time, he gets a season of being put under pressure in that position and learning the game the hard way.

A fair point, forgot about Gilmour. I think a few of the other players that came in this year are also on loan.
Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:19 - Oct 24 with 375 viewspointofblue

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 14:49 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

Billy Gilmour wasn’t playing for them against his parent club so they probably had to play a new formation.

As a huge Gilmour fan for Scotland, his loan has been going great. It seems like he’s their best player every game but he can’t do enough to stop them losing. At the same time, he gets a season of being put under pressure in that position and learning the game the hard way.

Gilmour hasn't played for them since 21st September so not sure if his absence resulted in a change of approach!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:32 - Oct 24 with 356 viewsBLUEBEAT

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:05 - Oct 24 by chrismakin

Has gibbs had a look In yet?

Forgot all about him. Probably being primed to take the Championship by storm next season.

Poll: W or W

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:37 - Oct 24 with 336 viewsHipsterectomy

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 13:15 - Oct 24 by Churchman

Agree with this. Especially about Jenas. Yet another empty vessel who must have a very good agent, given the drivel he talks.

As for Norwich, I’m happy to see them relegated with less than 10 points followed by 20 years in the wilderness - just to see the look on Sutton and co’s faces. However, regardless of my distaste for that lot (aside from one or two NCFC and a few people I’ve known over the years, Norwich have run their club really well and I suspect will continue to do so. Their model is to move between the leagues - while promotion and relegation remains.

They were awful yesterday. Pathetic. But in a league system that’s financially geared towards the rich getting richer, ever smaller crumbs for the rest, how many people thought they’d lose by any less than three, even if Chelsea were playing a reserve forward line? The PL is geared to nothing less.

The idea that the media pours scorn on Norwich while being careful/muted/excited about Newcastle’s new owners says it all to me. Like you, I suspect Norwich will win the Championship with ease next year - sadly.

I think that's a great point. The media and neutral just seem bored of Norwich right now. Yesterday was the first time I've noticed a general anger and disdain for them as a club and what they're trying to do. There wasn't even pity for them, more of the feeling that Norwich are a club with no desire to compete. Then like you say, I've seen articles anxiously awaiting January to see who Newcastle buy/how much they spend.

Teams like Southampton seem to get thrashed most weeks, but I guess as they spend £100 mill a season they get away with it.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:44 - Oct 24 with 318 viewspositivity

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:32 - Oct 24 by BLUEBEAT

Forgot all about him. Probably being primed to take the Championship by storm next season.

has he even featured in the pizza cup?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

On a side note on 15:45 - Oct 24 with 318 viewsBlueBadger

On a side note on 13:50 - Oct 24 by Guthrum

Nice to see Trevoh Chalobah is now a pretty regular starter for Chelsea, with a couple of PL goals to his name.

He'd have never made it without Paul Lambert and Paul Hurst.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:45 - Oct 24 with 319 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:37 - Oct 24 by Hipsterectomy

I think that's a great point. The media and neutral just seem bored of Norwich right now. Yesterday was the first time I've noticed a general anger and disdain for them as a club and what they're trying to do. There wasn't even pity for them, more of the feeling that Norwich are a club with no desire to compete. Then like you say, I've seen articles anxiously awaiting January to see who Newcastle buy/how much they spend.

Teams like Southampton seem to get thrashed most weeks, but I guess as they spend £100 mill a season they get away with it.

"Teams like Southampton seem to get thrashed most weeks". They have lost 3 out of their 9 matches this season. They are competitive in the league which nodge are not.

I do get that these media comments feed into the pressure on clubs to overspend. But let's not make stuff up.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:55 - Oct 24 with 310 viewsIwasthere

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 13:15 - Oct 24 by Churchman

Agree with this. Especially about Jenas. Yet another empty vessel who must have a very good agent, given the drivel he talks.

As for Norwich, I’m happy to see them relegated with less than 10 points followed by 20 years in the wilderness - just to see the look on Sutton and co’s faces. However, regardless of my distaste for that lot (aside from one or two NCFC and a few people I’ve known over the years, Norwich have run their club really well and I suspect will continue to do so. Their model is to move between the leagues - while promotion and relegation remains.

They were awful yesterday. Pathetic. But in a league system that’s financially geared towards the rich getting richer, ever smaller crumbs for the rest, how many people thought they’d lose by any less than three, even if Chelsea were playing a reserve forward line? The PL is geared to nothing less.

The idea that the media pours scorn on Norwich while being careful/muted/excited about Newcastle’s new owners says it all to me. Like you, I suspect Norwich will win the Championship with ease next year - sadly.

I love your posts but this one is drivel. The people who control Norwich are a disgrace to the club and are making a lot of money from being YOYO. What have the fans gained from going up and down? Oh they beat Man City once..The ground still has a capacity of 27K, what improvements have they made apart from the training ground? The real truth is that they have been very lucky and your wish for them to have 20 years in the wilderness may well come true. Yes, we are in league 3 but I would't change places with them, they deserve all the flak coming there way.
Login to get fewer ads

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 16:01 - Oct 24 with 302 viewshype313

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:42 - Oct 24 by clive_baker

I’m no Norwich sympathiser by any means, and it’s lovely to see them lose every week, but perhaps clubs that are sustainably run and spending within their means should be celebrated. Not all clubs can have dodgy billionaire owners.

I get that, but at least have a go, look at Brentford, everytime Norwich go up they are the divisions cannon fodder, it's like they expect to get hammered week in week out.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024