Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook has to go 10:46 - Nov 1 with 3260 viewsboncho1977

We are not progressing and conceding too many goals. It is all very well being the leagues top goal scorers however football is also about defending.
We are too naive and every match it is the same mistakes.

I was chatting to a Wigan mate - who said Cook is the most over rated manager, no plan b and terrible substitutions. He also said he will bring in a drinking culture to the club and create an old boys club for his mates.

We are Ipswich Town and it seems half of the fans are happy with being mid table in league 1. Every match it is the same bs excuse and because he waves at the start of the match, everyone forgives him.

We need to be aggressive to be successful and Cook has had 30 league games. We will probably lose to Wycombe and miss a few good chances and we will hear the gelling excuse.

i’ve had enough - Cook out !
Cook has to go on 10:47 - Nov 1 with 2082 viewsTractorCam

Not got anything better to do on a Monday morning you sad little budgie?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Cook has to go on 10:51 - Nov 1 with 2047 viewsboncho1977

Budgie ??

I’m the one wanting us to progress.

We are a mid table league 1 team at best and you are calling
me a budgie.
Cook has to go on 10:52 - Nov 1 with 2039 viewsHerbivore

I don't think we should get rid yet and your made up Wigan mate aside he tends to be rated by most of the clubs he's managed. The no Plan B thing seems fair though, we've seen it here and Pompey and Wigan fans both said the same, whilst acknowledging that Plan A was pretty successful on the whole. For whatever reason things haven't clicked for him here at all and I worry that they won't, but he needs the run of games this month to show that he can take us forward and get us challenging at the right end of the table. If he can't and we fall further away then we might have to reassess.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cook has to go on 10:55 - Nov 1 with 2007 viewsBlueBlood90

Quite a harsh evaluation in my opinion.

Over the past 10 games we're 6th in the form table so it's unfair to say that we haven't improved when we've been in play off form.

Saturday was frustrating and difficult to take and we do seem to be experts at conceding sloppy goals at silly times but if we take the three or four clear-cut chances we created then we win the game. You can't blame that on Cook.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Cook has to go on 10:56 - Nov 1 with 1996 viewsboncho1977

Cook has to go on 10:52 - Nov 1 by Herbivore

I don't think we should get rid yet and your made up Wigan mate aside he tends to be rated by most of the clubs he's managed. The no Plan B thing seems fair though, we've seen it here and Pompey and Wigan fans both said the same, whilst acknowledging that Plan A was pretty successful on the whole. For whatever reason things haven't clicked for him here at all and I worry that they won't, but he needs the run of games this month to show that he can take us forward and get us challenging at the right end of the table. If he can't and we fall further away then we might have to reassess.

Valid points but i can see a 4th season in League 1 and it isn’t good enough.

We do play good football however we are making the same mistakes and concede either after scoring or just before halftime. This is a concentration thing and can it be trained - makes me fear do our players have the right mentality
Cook has to go on 10:59 - Nov 1 with 1962 viewsboncho1977

Cook has to go on 10:55 - Nov 1 by BlueBlood90

Quite a harsh evaluation in my opinion.

Over the past 10 games we're 6th in the form table so it's unfair to say that we haven't improved when we've been in play off form.

Saturday was frustrating and difficult to take and we do seem to be experts at conceding sloppy goals at silly times but if we take the three or four clear-cut chances we created then we win the game. You can't blame that on Cook.

6th on form for a 6 match period and people are happy !!

We are in League 1 - we should be pushing for automatic promotion

If we lose tomorrow the gap will be too big
Cook has to go on 11:01 - Nov 1 with 1926 viewsBurns7

Cook has to go on 10:47 - Nov 1 by TractorCam

Not got anything better to do on a Monday morning you sad little budgie?

Where is your proof hes a Norwich supporter? If you are going to make these claims you have to back them up. Trying to use lies to defame people is a form of bullying so either apologise or prove it.
Cook has to go on 11:01 - Nov 1 with 1920 viewsEwan_Oozami

I agree - let's get Nuno in now, he's been sacked by Spurs......

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Cook has to go on 11:03 - Nov 1 with 1898 viewsBlueBlood90

Cook has to go on 10:59 - Nov 1 by boncho1977

6th on form for a 6 match period and people are happy !!

We are in League 1 - we should be pushing for automatic promotion

If we lose tomorrow the gap will be too big

We're 6th in the form table over the last 10 match period.

I agree that we should be competing for automatic promotion with the squad we have but there's still 31 games to play! If you get back to back wins in this league you seem to jump three or four places in the table.

It's a long season and we have a big squad full of good players to keep things fresh over the winter period and get points on the board.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Cook has to go on 11:06 - Nov 1 with 1879 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hi Bluefish

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Cook has to go on 11:07 - Nov 1 with 1879 viewsbluestandard

When we finished 7th under Burley in 1995-96, was there a group of fans back then calling for him to go? Genuine question. Was our play that season so much better than Cooks recent form, such that sacking Burley then wasn’t on the cards?

It feels like a very similar situation imho, only one division down. Just imagine if we’d sacked Burley back then. What we would have missed out on.
Cook has to go on 11:07 - Nov 1 with 1869 viewsSamWhiteUK

Cook has to go on 11:01 - Nov 1 by Burns7

Where is your proof hes a Norwich supporter? If you are going to make these claims you have to back them up. Trying to use lies to defame people is a form of bullying so either apologise or prove it.

Shut up, budgie.
Cook has to go on 11:10 - Nov 1 with 1842 viewsHerbivore

Cook has to go on 11:07 - Nov 1 by bluestandard

When we finished 7th under Burley in 1995-96, was there a group of fans back then calling for him to go? Genuine question. Was our play that season so much better than Cooks recent form, such that sacking Burley then wasn’t on the cards?

It feels like a very similar situation imho, only one division down. Just imagine if we’d sacked Burley back then. What we would have missed out on.

Burley wasn't expected to get us challenging for the top 6. Many pundits were expecting us to drop straight down to the third tier.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cook has to go on 11:12 - Nov 1 with 1831 viewsboncho1977

Cook has to go on 11:07 - Nov 1 by bluestandard

How can you compare fighting for promotion to get into the premier league to being 11th in league 1.

We need to be in the championship and time is ticking, i can’t see us making the play offs
i hope i’m wrong
Cook has to go on 11:21 - Nov 1 with 1759 viewsIllinoisblue

Cook has to go on 10:52 - Nov 1 by Herbivore

The fantasy Wigan mate was comedy gold tbf

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cook has to go on 11:23 - Nov 1 with 1751 viewshype313

Cook has to go on 11:06 - Nov 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Hi Bluefish

Has he been banned again?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cook has to go on 11:32 - Nov 1 with 1701 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook has to go on 11:23 - Nov 1 by hype313

Has he been banned again?

Yep. And a day or so later this guy pops up with this OP. Something smells fishy!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Cook has to go on 11:35 - Nov 1 with 1676 viewshype313

Cook has to go on 11:32 - Nov 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep. And a day or so later this guy pops up with this OP. Something smells fishy!

Deary me, He's a similar age to me and yet gets so worked up by it all.

We're all passionate, but acting like a 13yr old who's had is Playstation taken away is ridiculous.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cook has to go on 11:35 - Nov 1 with 1674 viewsstopmoaning

I think he has til Christmas, if we aren't in the playoff places by then, it's hard to argue keeping him.
Cook has to go on 11:40 - Nov 1 with 1640 viewsSkip_Intro

Cook has to go on 11:35 - Nov 1 by stopmoaning

I think he has til Christmas, if we aren't in the playoff places by then, it's hard to argue keeping him.

do you mean PC or Bluefish?
Cook has to go on 11:41 - Nov 1 with 1635 viewsrickw

There are several posters on here who only joined recently who have only ever posted negative opinions which makes me question their motives or allegiances....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Cook has to go on 11:45 - Nov 1 with 1606 viewsTractorCam

Cook has to go on 11:01 - Nov 1 by Burns7

Account made today
Name of an old player to look less suspicious
Made up story about Cook being an alcoholic
Pop at the fans
Used an old gelling comment which nobody has used in a while

Screams budgie. I'll apologise for offending you Burns7.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Cook has to go on 11:54 - Nov 1 with 1550 viewsIllinoisblue

Cook has to go on 11:41 - Nov 1 by rickw

There are several posters on here who only joined recently who have only ever posted negative opinions which makes me question their motives or allegiances....

And they’re both trying way too hard

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cook has to go on 12:04 - Nov 1 with 1502 viewsleitrimblue

Calm down and stand firm Boncho. Cook is an excellent manager an I'm pretty sure if we can all just calm down an leave him to it we will all be happily celebrating a Wembley play off win come may
Cook has to go on 12:49 - Nov 1 with 1387 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Cook has to go on 10:51 - Nov 1 by boncho1977

Budgie ??

I’m the one wanting us to progress.

We are a mid table league 1 team at best and you are calling
me a budgie.

Nice of you to sign up to the site this morning in order to tell us all that.
Do you think they'll sack Farke if you lose the next one?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024