Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton showing why he’s our No.1 22:07 - Nov 2 with 1045 viewsChrisd

Cool, calm and collected, exactly what you need from your goalkeeper. Really like how he comes off his line to claim those crosses, takes the pressure right off.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:08 - Nov 2 with 1027 viewsSamWhiteUK

Yep, best we've had in ages
Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:08 - Nov 2 with 1019 viewsHerbivore

Couple of times when we were under the cosh he got a good starting position and made sure the ball would be his. We've really missed that and it took so much pressure off. Very assured performance from him tonight.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:08 - Nov 2 with 1008 viewswkj

Best we've had since Bart under McCarthy - if he keeps this up.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:09 - Nov 2 with 999 viewsReuser_is_God

That save from the header in the second half was quality.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:10 - Nov 2 with 976 viewsHerbivore

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:09 - Nov 2 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah that was class. Had to get down quickly and got a really strong hand/arm behind it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:10 - Nov 2 with 939 viewschrismakin

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:08 - Nov 2 by wkj

Best we've had since Bart under McCarthy - if he keeps this up.

Was it 48 games for Blackburn in champ? Not a bad signing at all that.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:11 - Nov 2 with 938 viewsRomeo4

The team seem so much more confident with him in goal. Hladky may well come good but I think we’ve found our number 1 for now
Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:12 - Nov 2 with 916 viewsHighgateBlue

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:08 - Nov 2 by SamWhiteUK

Yep, best we've had in ages

Yes, agreed, on recent evidence. I was so expecting him to be the saviour after Hladky was really poor at the start of the season, and when he came in and had the world's worst debut I was so disappointed. We all have bad days at work. He's not gonna have too many I reckon...
Login to get fewer ads

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:13 - Nov 2 with 905 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:11 - Nov 2 by Romeo4

The team seem so much more confident with him in goal. Hladky may well come good but I think we’ve found our number 1 for now

Just for balance...he got pinned on the line for their goal exactly like Hladky at Cambridge...overall very good though.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:15 - Nov 2 with 860 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:12 - Nov 2 by HighgateBlue

Yes, agreed, on recent evidence. I was so expecting him to be the saviour after Hladky was really poor at the start of the season, and when he came in and had the world's worst debut I was so disappointed. We all have bad days at work. He's not gonna have too many I reckon...

The reverse of Grant Ward. Always preferable to have a dreadful debut followed by a really fine career instead of a great debut followed by a really ordinary rest of their contract.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:15 - Nov 2 with 850 viewsRomeo4

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:13 - Nov 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just for balance...he got pinned on the line for their goal exactly like Hladky at Cambridge...overall very good though.

Yeah I’m not saying he’s perfect. He’s playing in L1 after all but he looks like a steady type who’ll keep errors to a minimum.
Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 23:04 - Nov 2 with 673 viewsWestover

He's on loan but I think he's out of contract at the end of the season I believe.
Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 23:50 - Nov 2 with 587 viewsRyorry

My impression is (not looking at stats, and without having been to any games this season) that we've really turned things round since Cook's put him in between the sticks.

Defence was always our problem this season, and defenders having confidence in their keeper is key. Yay!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 00:03 - Nov 3 with 531 viewsBugs

Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 22:09 - Nov 2 by Reuser_is_God

I think that's the first time this season I thought our keeper had saved us from conceding a goal with a great save.
Walton showing why he’s our No.1 on 10:11 - Nov 3 with 311 viewsN2_Blue

He was absolutely superb last night.

Wycombe is probably the hardest team to play against in this division for a Goalkeeper. They are a set piece team and we managed to give them a crazy amount of corners and free kicks. When they scored from an early corner it was very ominous.

However after that, as well as the CBs being superb Walton was absolutely faultless. A brilliant goalkeeping display, not many saves except for one absolutely outstanding one, but the number of high ball claims (no punches) but actually claiming the ball was the best I'd seen from a Town keeper in a long time.

His kicking seemed a massive improvement on early games too.

Last night's game should give the GK and defense a huge confidence boost as really its only a secure backline that is missing from a team that could potentially storm the rest of this season.

This was more than just the result, the confidence in how they played and dealt with Wycombe is huge. They has won 6 from 6 at home for a reason, they are a very useful team and horrible to play against but we were to a man superb.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024