Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative 09:02 - Nov 15 with 3879 viewsBobbychase

Great idea, deserves backing.

But just seen a Norwich fan has donated and is urging other Norwich fans to do the same, to quote their Twitter post " have donated £40 today. We should help those less fortunate and #itfc fans are certainly that".

His or her intentions may be honest but not sure this is a path we want to go down.

"We helped fill your ground" etc.

I might be being paranoid of course.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 12:06 - Nov 15 with 855 viewsnoggin

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 12:04 - Nov 15 by Illinoisblue

Just saw it’s reached 7k of donations which is impressive. Although obviously people are free to donate to whatever cause they like, getting someone to a football match doesn’t appear to as obviously worthy as giving to a food bank or a cancer charity.

I think it's a wonderful Christmas gift to someone who might otherwise have a miserable Christmas time. I'd have gone myself if I was in the UK so I'll gladly pay for someone else to go in my place.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2021 12:12]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 12:21 - Nov 15 with 799 viewssaffers12

Was not the Cruncher's idea
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 12:26 - Nov 15 with 778 viewsIllinoisblue

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:14 - Nov 15 by ElderGrizzly

Not suggesting anything negative, but more for his 'protection' you'd want a public link for people to donate through.

Would increase donations too imo, but definitely credit to all involved.

Also curious how the tickets will be distributed or how people in need apply for them.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 12:29 - Nov 15 with 764 viewsabracaDOBRA_

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 12:26 - Nov 15 by Illinoisblue

Also curious how the tickets will be distributed or how people in need apply for them.

Will be done through Dan Palfrey and others at the club. He's said he has contacted them and they are going to distribute them
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 12:50 - Nov 15 with 724 viewsIllinoisblue

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 10:59 - Nov 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

If he's just done it for the bantz then that's a rather expensive bit of bantz. More fool him.

Expensive and very very odd.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 14:53 - Nov 15 with 605 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 10:28 - Nov 15 by Skip_Intro

don't JustGiving take a percentage fee (c2% + 20p per donation I think)? Maybe he's trying to make sure that all of the money raised goes to the cause?

I work in charity and while they do take a small fee it's easily worth it to avoid all the potential challenges of managing the money yourself. For an individual probably without a spare bank account to keep the money aside, Justgiving would be a great way to do this. The list of individuals who set up a great idea and then ended up with a load of cash they couldn't then effectively spend is sadly rather long.

PS I think this is a good idea, just think it would be better to have the money raised through a reputable source. He'll probably raise more money that way as well.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2021 14:55]

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 15:16 - Nov 15 with 570 viewsdavblue

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:26 - Nov 15 by itfcjoe

I think he deserves a lot of credit, this will be loads of admin, loads of effort and fact he's happy to do is a good thing

yeah, you can criticise him for a few things at times but this is a really good gesture from him. Fantastic work.
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 15:18 - Nov 15 with 552 viewstivo

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 12:21 - Nov 15 by saffers12

Was not the Cruncher's idea

So?
Login to get fewer ads

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 15:56 - Nov 15 with 490 viewstractordownsouth

I'm not a huge fan of Talking Town but fair play to Cruncher on this (and the others involved)

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024