Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook 16:51 - Nov 24 with 2069 viewsgtsb1966

1/ Why won't he change from his preferred formation when needs be as it clearly isn't working and we have no plan B
2/ What do his coaching team actually bring to the table.

I'm only joking as I know you would probably get told to f off but I would love to know what he would say as to me these are the two biggest reasons why we are failing.
Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:11 - Nov 24 with 1974 viewsTheBlueGnu

I would like to add a third question. Did he prefer Madeleine Howard or Alyson Spiro as Sarah Sugden in Emmerdale Farm ? Spiro perhaps a little more gritty than Howard, but Howard more "homely" in the role. The changeover which occured in 1994 was quite seemless though.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:18 - Nov 24 with 1943 viewschrismakin

Phil... ask him if last year's team would would struggling like this one lol.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:20 - Nov 24 with 1931 viewsMullet

Phil is gonna have more bans than Fishers!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:22 - Nov 24 with 1908 viewsOldboy

I would like to add a fourth question.
Is Yorkshire pudding ok on the Christmas dinner plate?
Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:22 - Nov 24 with 1912 viewsKeno

Phil could top all Denis Penis and ask

"Paul are there any circumstances that you wouldn't plan one up front and will you ever be good again/"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:23 - Nov 24 with 1912 viewsportmanpensioner

Another question to ask is why when the opposition have a set piece in our half ,corner, free kick or long throw we have our whole team in or around the penalty area no one near half way line to threaten a counter attack ,two players with pace ie Chaplin and Edwards would make opposition keep 3 or 4 players back and if Walton gets possession he would have a target to aim for
Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:26 - Nov 24 with 1914 viewsPhilTWTD

Actually, PC answered the first one last season, essentially anyway, and more recently commented on the variation 4-2-3-1 allows; tactics being changeable within the formation.

Cook: Switching to Two Up Front Changes Whole Ethos of Your Team 26th Mar 2021 09:48
Town boss Paul Cook believes switching to start with two strikers would change the whole ethos of his team. 46

Cook: We're Forever Tweaking Our System 15th Oct 2021 09:45
Boss Paul Cook says the Blues tweak how they use the number 10 role in order to hurt whoever they’re playing the most. 4

Cook on Calls For Him to Bring in Assistant 17th Sep 2021 11:03
Town boss Paul Cook has responded to suggestions he is in need of an assistant manager following the Blues' under par start to the season. 22

Regardless of tactics or formation, I actually thought one of our biggest issues last night was a lack of taking the bull by the horns around the area; no one willing to cross or take a shot. It was all so hesitant, promising positions would be turned into the ball ending up being passed back towards the back four. To some degree that was down to Rotherham being well-drilled but not wholly.

Also surprised so little comment on the first goal which looked very stoppable and Walton clearly thought he should have had it from his reaction. Obviously the failure of anyone to put in a tackle was similarly a factor.
Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:27 - Nov 24 with 1876 viewsSitfcB

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:26 - Nov 24 by PhilTWTD

Actually, PC answered the first one last season, essentially anyway, and more recently commented on the variation 4-2-3-1 allows; tactics being changeable within the formation.

Cook: Switching to Two Up Front Changes Whole Ethos of Your Team 26th Mar 2021 09:48
Town boss Paul Cook believes switching to start with two strikers would change the whole ethos of his team. 46

Boss Paul Cook says the Blues tweak how they use the number 10 role in order to hurt whoever they’re playing the most. 4

Town boss Paul Cook has responded to suggestions he is in need of an assistant manager following the Blues' under par start to the season. 22

Regardless of tactics or formation, I actually thought one of our biggest issues last night was a lack of taking the bull by the horns around the area; no one willing to cross or take a shot. It was all so hesitant, promising positions would be turned into the ball ending up being passed back towards the back four. To some degree that was down to Rotherham being well-drilled but not wholly.

Also surprised so little comment on the first goal which looked very stoppable and Walton clearly thought he should have had it from his reaction. Obviously the failure of anyone to put in a tackle was similarly a factor.

Harsh on Walton it was some strike! Think he was annoyed it came from his kick out which came straight back off a Rotherham head.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:29 - Nov 24 with 1854 viewschrismakin

Would you say it was similar to PCs " waiting for someone to do it for them" speech after every game.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:29 - Nov 24 with 1860 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:23 - Nov 24 by portmanpensioner

Another question to ask is why when the opposition have a set piece in our half ,corner, free kick or long throw we have our whole team in or around the penalty area no one near half way line to threaten a counter attack ,two players with pace ie Chaplin and Edwards would make opposition keep 3 or 4 players back and if Walton gets possession he would have a target to aim for

I seem to recall other managers answering that and saying that defending the set piece is the first concern - and part of that is reducing space in the box with numbers - and that there's a greater chance of the ball ending up coming back into your own box if trying to break quickly from the keeper in that manner rather than creating anything positive.
Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:31 - Nov 24 with 1829 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:27 - Nov 24 by SitfcB

Harsh on Walton it was some strike! Think he was annoyed it came from his kick out which came straight back off a Rotherham head.

Was it? Didn't look to be that well hit from my angle. Was one that I expected to be saved at the time and some other journos felt similar, although appreciate sometimes angles can be deceptive. Seemed to go past if not quite through his hands.
Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:35 - Nov 24 with 1777 viewsHatStand

I was at the Rotherham game, last night, and every other home game.
When Piggot came on up front along sideBonne, it looked very 4-4-2 to me.

Poll: Piers Morgan / Marmite

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:36 - Nov 24 with 1757 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:31 - Nov 24 by PhilTWTD

Was it? Didn't look to be that well hit from my angle. Was one that I expected to be saved at the time and some other journos felt similar, although appreciate sometimes angles can be deceptive. Seemed to go past if not quite through his hands.

Actually looking at it again, he got a hand on it. Think he should have stopped it.
Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:40 - Nov 24 with 1713 viewsLankHenners

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:31 - Nov 24 by PhilTWTD

Watching on iFollow I was a bit shocked when it went it as it looked like he was going to save it fairly comfortably. Appreciate it was curling away from him but from the camera angle, which was pretty much right behind it, it looked very saveable.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:40 - Nov 24 with 1704 viewsVaughan8

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:27 - Nov 24 by SitfcB

Was it "some strike" Wasn't a rocket into the top corner was it? Whether Walton should have stopped it is probably a bit harsh.

I personally like Toto Aimlessly just backing off and doesn't seem to have a clue where he or the attacker I'm assuming he think he is marking is. Close the ball down
Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:44 - Nov 24 with 1686 viewsunstableblue

The majority of the board have already made up their mind on Cook so they're really not assessing the last 4 games in the round including last night. I completely get the negativity, last night was awful.

As stated, and what we really struck me last night was just the palpable fear and hesitancy running through the team (and that fear was also felt across North Stand fans, with very little belief and support in the crowd).

There was lack of fight, tackle and tenacity to break up their play, and as you say no moment demonstrated that more than the first goal, Evans should have tackled and at least fouled and Morsy also had the opportunity, its unforgiveable.

I so agree on the attacking desire and intent... no one was being bold... We had some positive overloads at times, but no one really drove into space, or made the killer pass or crossed... Toto's longer distribution was poor. They feared failure in mind.

Lets hope Morsy is right that it was a dip, and off colour day, and that they are gelling. But i'm losing faith.

The left back and Burns/Aluko losses are not helping.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 18:46 - Nov 24 with 1499 viewsBasuco

I have just see the first goal on tv and yes, Walton left a large gap on his left, he took a step to the right just before the guy hit it, made it an easy goal with a big target to aim at. My question would be how many more games are we going to see Bonne marked by two defenders, one in front and one behind, then a third who picks up the second ball. It has happened for some time and makes life very easy for defenders, think scouts are watching and seeing how easy it is to stop Bonne. I can see Bonne being recalled back to QPR and loaned out to someone else during the transfer window.
Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 18:49 - Nov 24 with 1480 viewsBasuco

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:35 - Nov 24 by HatStand

I was at the Rotherham game, last night, and every other home game.
When Piggot came on up front along sideBonne, it looked very 4-4-2 to me.

It looked more 4 - 2 - 2 - 2, with no supply to them, the midfield seem to not support the defence or striker, it looks a dis-organised mess to me and very easy to defend against.
Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 18:53 - Nov 24 with 1462 viewsSuperblue95

Phil...two questions I would like you to ask Cook on 17:22 - Nov 24 by Oldboy

I would like to add a fourth question.
Is Yorkshire pudding ok on the Christmas dinner plate?

What sick freak wouldn’t have at least one Yorkshire pudding with Christmas dinner??

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024