Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lampard 3/1 19:28 - Dec 8 with 4330 viewskizaitfc

Considering it is something most have written off including myself there seems to be a chance of it happening.

Obviously tough to know with bookies odds as I suspect the market isn't particularly big so may be the case a £20 shifts the price significantly.

Personally I'd be happy with Warnock, Manning or Lampard

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Lampard 3/1 on 19:30 - Dec 8 with 3264 viewsjas0999

Wasn’t he 16/1 earlier?
Lampard 3/1 on 19:33 - Dec 8 with 3212 viewssaffers12

It's more than 20 quid to move that price, the article will have made that change
Lampard 3/1 on 19:34 - Dec 8 with 3192 viewsellaandred

Lennon 2/1 fav
Lampard 3/1 on 20:06 - Dec 8 with 2905 viewsHARRY10

Wasn't Redknapp at evens at one stage

"because the bookies must know something"
Lampard 3/1 on 20:08 - Dec 8 with 2885 viewsZXBlue

Why on earth are people excited about this prospect?

He has an average record with derby and a reaosnable record with a club vastly more resourced than we will ever be, but was shown up almost instantly by the new manager when replaced.

Nothing to suggest he has greater credentials than any other young manager, Just a name.
Lampard 3/1 on 20:09 - Dec 8 with 2860 viewsJ2BLUE

Lampard 3/1 on 20:08 - Dec 8 by ZXBlue

He has an average record with derby and a reaosnable record with a club vastly more resourced than we will ever be, but was shown up almost instantly by the new manager when replaced.

Nothing to suggest he has greater credentials than any other young manager, Just a name.

That is harsh IMO

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lampard 3/1 on 20:11 - Dec 8 with 2834 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Lampard 3/1 on 20:08 - Dec 8 by ZXBlue

In an ideal world we need a young and upcoming manager with potential to grow with us.

One thing we cannot compromise on (based on last nights evidence) is that it needs to be someone that the players have no option but to respect and listen to.

Lampard is one of the only candidates that ticks both of these boxes
Lampard 3/1 on 20:12 - Dec 8 with 2809 viewswkj

Lampard 3/1 on 20:09 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

That is harsh IMO

Im a bit unsure of the hype myself in all honesty. He may come good, he may not - but I don't see how people have such an assured view that he's the most qualified candidate.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Lampard 3/1 on 20:15 - Dec 8 with 2769 viewsJ2BLUE

Lampard 3/1 on 20:12 - Dec 8 by wkj

Im a bit unsure of the hype myself in all honesty. He may come good, he may not - but I don't see how people have such an assured view that he's the most qualified candidate.

Did a good job at Derby IMO.

Was building something at Chelsea. Most of his signings have come good and he brought through the youngsters. Tuchel is obviously exceptional so everyone has forgotten Lampard's contribution. Really think he will end up a very decent manager and has already proven he could do a job here (IMO).

Don't think he would come though to be honest.

Truly impaired.

Lampard 3/1 on 20:18 - Dec 8 with 2729 viewswkj

Lampard 3/1 on 20:15 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

Was building something at Chelsea. Most of his signings have come good and he brought through the youngsters. Tuchel is obviously exceptional so everyone has forgotten Lampard's contribution. Really think he will end up a very decent manager and has already proven he could do a job here (IMO).

It worries me that he might be a bit too... money reliant? It was reported that he didn't like us the first time because of available resources ... I am worried that success with him could come with a massive cost - Like Harry Redknapp.

Crybaby

Lampard 3/1 on 20:20 - Dec 8 with 2702 viewsjayessess

Lampard 3/1 on 20:18 - Dec 8 by wkj

It worries me that he might be a bit too... money reliant? It was reported that he didn't like us the first time because of available resources ... I am worried that success with him could come with a massive cost - Like Harry Redknapp.

Well, someone who succeeds with money would be an upgrade right now...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lampard 3/1 on 20:21 - Dec 8 with 2688 viewsLord_Lucan

Lampard 3/1 on 20:15 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

Nor do I if I had to put my shirt on it but they may be able to sell the project to him.

It’s not all about someone’s coaching capabilities, these days it sadly seems that it’s also about whether the players can be bothered to accept the manager.

We are in a crazy situation - as is football in general, it’s widely held these days that a manager can come in a rip the squad up. How many times can you rebuild to suit the manager - it’s bloody ridiculous.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Lampard 3/1 on 20:22 - Dec 8 with 2646 viewswkj

Lampard 3/1 on 20:20 - Dec 8 by jayessess

Well, someone who succeeds with money would be an upgrade right now...

fair point, I wont complain if we do get him- I support every manager until i can't anymore - i just think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment if we're expecting miracles from him.

Crybaby

Lampard 3/1 on 20:23 - Dec 8 with 2641 viewsJ2BLUE

Lampard 3/1 on 20:18 - Dec 8 by wkj

That was under Evans. Would you have taken the job in his position? Thankless task.

Truly impaired.

Lampard 3/1 on 20:25 - Dec 8 with 2597 viewswkj

Lampard 3/1 on 20:23 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

That was under Evans. Would you have taken the job in his position? Thankless task.

TBF I would have, but I doubt I would have lasted very long. I don't much care to manage football clubs that don't have comfy bucket seats on the bench.

Crybaby

Lampard 3/1 on 20:25 - Dec 8 with 2564 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lampard 3/1 on 20:11 - Dec 8 by NorfolkBlue1

In an ideal world we need a young and upcoming manager with potential to grow with us.

One thing we cannot compromise on (based on last nights evidence) is that it needs to be someone that the players have no option but to respect and listen to.

I am not sure that is the correct takeaway from last night. We were poor last night. We have been poor a lot ever since Cook took us on. Indeed, we put in some performances like that before Cook too. The impact of Cook going may have been part of the reason for last night but I think it also said McGreal with Dyer is no Gill nor Klug for organising and motivating a team.

Someone like Manning is proving he can organise a team at MK Dons. Maybe he hasn't shown he can build the team in the first place but neither has Lampard to be fair. Players will play for and respect a manager who manages them well. Keane did not work and you won't get a bigger name than he was. It is about management skills and Manning appears to have them. Other managers out there will too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lampard 3/1 on 20:27 - Dec 8 with 2531 viewsjayessess

Lampard 3/1 on 20:21 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

Nor do I if I had to put my shirt on it but they may be able to sell the project to him.

It’s not all about someone’s coaching capabilities, these days it sadly seems that it’s also about whether the players can be bothered to accept the manager.

We are in a crazy situation - as is football in general, it’s widely held these days that a manager can come in a rip the squad up. How many times can you rebuild to suit the manager - it’s bloody ridiculous.

I mean, John McGreal was a premier league footballer, none of our current squad are likely to achieve what he did in football either.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lampard 3/1 on 20:28 - Dec 8 with 2503 viewswkj

Lampard 3/1 on 20:11 - Dec 8 by NorfolkBlue1

"In an ideal world we need a young and upcoming manager with potential to grow with us."

Young and hungry is a buzzword. We went that route with Paul Hurst, and that started the next chapter of our decline.

We need one thing and one thing only right now, someone that knows what they're doing.

Crybaby

Lampard 3/1 on 20:29 - Dec 8 with 2475 viewsZXBlue

Lampard 3/1 on 20:28 - Dec 8 by wkj

"In an ideal world we need a young and upcoming manager with potential to grow with us."

Young and hungry is a buzzword. We went that route with Paul Hurst, and that started the next chapter of our decline.

We need one thing and one thing only right now, someone that knows what they're doing.

And preferably someone who knows the division and how to employ the players and skill levels available within it...
Lampard 3/1 on 20:31 - Dec 8 with 2441 viewswkj

Lampard 3/1 on 20:29 - Dec 8 by ZXBlue

And preferably someone who knows the division and how to employ the players and skill levels available within it...

I think you're right - time to get Steve Evans in?

Crybaby

Lampard 3/1 on 20:35 - Dec 8 with 2398 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Lampard 3/1 on 20:28 - Dec 8 by wkj

It’s not really a buzzword, and I didn’t say hungry.

It means someone who is in touch with modern football and doesn’t have a low ceiling of potential.
Lampard 3/1 on 20:42 - Dec 8 with 2338 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't think there's much chance in it happening.
Lampard 3/1 on 20:43 - Dec 8 with 2307 viewswkj

Lampard 3/1 on 20:42 - Dec 8 by PhilTWTD

Given the last time you said that, I will get the "Welcome Frank" banners sewn up.

Crybaby

Lampard 3/1 on 20:50 - Dec 8 with 2202 viewsIllinoisblue

Lampard 3/1 on 20:42 - Dec 8 by PhilTWTD

Any obvious front runner, Phil? Appleton or Pearson?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lampard 3/1 on 20:51 - Dec 8 with 2170 viewswkj

Lampard 3/1 on 20:50 - Dec 8 by Illinoisblue

Any obvious front runner, Phil? Appleton or Pearson?

Also, any sense of time line - I know they didn't seem like the were going to rush anything, but last night surely moved the needle up on the urgency front.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024