Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood… 17:46 - Dec 18 with 5770 viewshoppy

Is he still on the transfer list?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Norwood… on 17:56 - Dec 18 with 4214 viewsWacko

I hope so. He's perfect for a midtable team in League One with zero footballing identity and no aspirations to take a step or two up

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Norwood… on 17:57 - Dec 18 with 4190 viewsHerbivore

Fingers crossed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood… on 18:17 - Dec 18 with 4094 views44_not_out

Norwood… on 17:56 - Dec 18 by Wacko

I hope so. He's perfect for a midtable team in League One with zero footballing identity and no aspirations to take a step or two up

Wow
Norwood… on 18:22 - Dec 18 with 4047 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That’s one hell of a take

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Norwood… on 18:33 - Dec 18 with 3952 viewsWacko

Norwood… on 18:22 - Dec 18 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s one hell of a take

He's 31. I must have missed those past end of season highlight reels of all the goals he's scored in the Championship

Norwood… on 18:34 - Dec 18 with 3933 viewsjayessess

think his general play will have to be a lot better than today if he's going to end up in the team more regularly.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Norwood… on 18:35 - Dec 18 with 3916 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Norwood… on 18:33 - Dec 18 by Wacko

He's 31. I must have missed those past end of season highlight reels of all the goals he's scored in the Championship

That’s not really the same though is it.

Norwood… on 18:36 - Dec 18 with 3908 viewsDowson

Some funny replies on this post. People seem to hate him as he has a personality and isn’t the usual PR trained robot. The boy scores goals and that’s all that matters.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood… on 18:42 - Dec 18 with 3872 viewsWacko

Norwood… on 18:35 - Dec 18 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s not really the same though is it.

Like I said, we're currently a midtable team with no direction. His energy and drive makes him stand out. But I hope (and expect), after McKenna has instilled some real tactical nous and identity, the football we play will leave the likes of Norwood behind

Edit: we are aspiring to be in the Championship which surely any sane football fan can see is a step too far for Norwood
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 18:43]

Norwood… on 18:43 - Dec 18 with 3853 viewsFtnfwest

Norwood… on 18:36 - Dec 18 by Dowson

Some funny replies on this post. People seem to hate him as he has a personality and isn’t the usual PR trained robot. The boy scores goals and that’s all that matters.

Yes but Mick didn't buy him you see
Norwood… on 18:57 - Dec 18 with 3797 viewsHerbivore

No, that's definitely not it. He's a mediocre footballer with a terrible attitude. He isn't our saviour, imo.

Norwood… on 19:02 - Dec 18 with 3772 viewspositivity

what's his best scoring season in league one? 11?

if so, that's as many goals as jackson, as many as bonne in half a season, half as many as pigott, similar to chaplin in the league above.

he's hardly prolific!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Norwood… on 19:16 - Dec 18 with 3702 viewsDowson

Norwood… on 18:57 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

No, that's definitely not it. He's a mediocre footballer with a terrible attitude. He isn't our saviour, imo.

I don’t think he’s our saviour but he’s in form and he always gives it his all. I’ve never come away from a game thinking Norwood wasnt up for it. It’s also not just the goals but the clever sh*thousery too.
Norwood… on 20:02 - Dec 18 with 3567 viewsHerbivore

Norwood… on 19:16 - Dec 18 by Dowson

I don’t think he’s our saviour but he’s in form and he always gives it his all. I’ve never come away from a game thinking Norwood wasnt up for it. It’s also not just the goals but the clever sh*thousery too.

But he's not very good at football and I'm not sure a couple of goals constitutes being in form, he didn't look very in form against Barrow on Wednesday. I think if we have aspirations of pushing up the table and ultimately going up then he's not the type of player or character we need. If we can't get rid in January then as an option off the bench he can potentially offer something but I don't see him being central to us progressing at all.

[Redacted] on 20:18 - Dec 18 with 3492 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Norwood… on 01:44 - Dec 19 with 3172 viewsGarv

[Redacted] on 20:18 - Dec 18 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

'Almost got a yellow card' is scraping the barrel for criticism.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood… on 02:30 - Dec 19 with 3069 viewsSaigonTractor

Norwood… on 18:42 - Dec 18 by Wacko

Like I said, we're currently a midtable team with no direction. His energy and drive makes him stand out. But I hope (and expect), after McKenna has instilled some real tactical nous and identity, the football we play will leave the likes of Norwood behind

Edit: we are aspiring to be in the Championship which surely any sane football fan can see is a step too far for Norwood

We're aspiring to be a Championship club, but aren't one. So how he'd get on a division above is irrelevant.
Norwood… on 05:03 - Dec 19 with 2925 viewsEsseeja

Norwood… on 19:02 - Dec 18 by positivity

what's his best scoring season in league one? 11?

if so, that's as many goals as jackson, as many as bonne in half a season, half as many as pigott, similar to chaplin in the league above.

he's hardly prolific!

In a season that was basically null and void for us and that was when he paired with Jackson.
Norwood… on 07:23 - Dec 19 with 2818 viewsChurchman

Not met the bloke, so I don’t hate him. I hope he moves on in January though. Firstly, he can’t stay fit so his only use is as a reserve or impact sub. A good goal ratio is great, but 1 in 2 of not enough means 20 goals in two seasons.

Secondly, I don’t think his off field activities make him a ‘personality’. Quite the opposite. We should be looking for better than a League 2 level player.
Norwood… on 09:12 - Dec 19 with 2676 viewsArnieM

Norwood… on 18:42 - Dec 18 by Wacko

FIRST we’ve got to get out of league one . Purest football won’t achieve that . Hairy arsed lumps with “ attitude” , will. So for stage one , Norwood is perfect , and when he’s fit there’s not a better front man for this division than him.

Off pitch , do I like him ? Nah.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwood… on 09:13 - Dec 19 with 2666 viewsHerbivore

Norwood… on 09:12 - Dec 19 by ArnieM

FIRST we’ve got to get out of league one . Purest football won’t achieve that . Hairy arsed lumps with “ attitude” , will. So for stage one , Norwood is perfect , and when he’s fit there’s not a better front man for this division than him.

Off pitch , do I like him ? Nah.

We have two strikers at the club who have shown themselves to be better strikers in League 1 than Norwood, let alone there being no better in the division.

Norwood… on 09:21 - Dec 19 with 2646 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Strange that Cook didn't play him if he was perfect for his team!

As for the OP, I would imagine that the new manager will want to look at everyone before making up his mind. If someone is prepared to offer what we consider to be good value we might sell but I wouldn't be surprised if McKenna is far less keen to move him on than Cook clearly was (on two occasions but with a respite in between don't forget). It could also be that the higher management see him as not fitting the philosophy off the pitch and will encourage a move. I would prefer him to be encouraged to buy into the philosophy but, if he can't, then I am sure McKenna will be on the same page as his bosses.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwood… on 09:21 - Dec 19 with 2646 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Norwood… on 20:02 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

But he's not very good at football and I'm not sure a couple of goals constitutes being in form, he didn't look very in form against Barrow on Wednesday. I think if we have aspirations of pushing up the table and ultimately going up then he's not the type of player or character we need. If we can't get rid in January then as an option off the bench he can potentially offer something but I don't see him being central to us progressing at all.

‘But he’s not very good at football’.. I just cannot agree here Herbs. You can say a lot about his off the field stuff which can’t be defended but on the pitch, he’s definitely good enough for the majority of League 1 teams.

Norwood… on 09:25 - Dec 19 with 2618 viewsHerbivore

Norwood… on 09:21 - Dec 19 by The_Romford_Blue

‘But he’s not very good at football’.. I just cannot agree here Herbs. You can say a lot about his off the field stuff which can’t be defended but on the pitch, he’s definitely good enough for the majority of League 1 teams.

His movement is decent and that means he usually gets a couple of chances in a game, which he then may or may not take, but his all round game really isn't very good. He's the sort that would do well at a Fleetwood or a Gillingham but I'm not convinced he offers enough for a side with greater aspirations.

Norwood… on 09:30 - Dec 19 with 2587 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwood… on 09:25 - Dec 19 by Herbivore

His movement is decent and that means he usually gets a couple of chances in a game, which he then may or may not take, but his all round game really isn't very good. He's the sort that would do well at a Fleetwood or a Gillingham but I'm not convinced he offers enough for a side with greater aspirations.

I beg to differ. He has formed an effective partnership with Jackson under Lambert and has done well when given a chance under Cook too. He is a good striker at this level who works hard to close down, is positionally aware and can finish. You don't get the record he has without being able to do a lot right. Of course, he is far from a perfect player and that is why he is at this level.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024